“Great place for Kobe beef in Tokyo”

Kobe Beef Kaiseki 511
Ranked #6 of 10,962 Restaurants in Minato
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Description: Winter Vacation : 12/29(Mon)~1/4(Sun) Sunday and National holiday are closed.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was in Tokyo for a couple of days and had wanted to try out the famous Kobe beef. Did some online research and stumbled upon which accepted reservations via Open Table. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by very professional English speaking staff. The ambience inside the restaurant is great, very upscale and classy.

As a first timer, I went for their Kobe-beef course with 8 courses. The beef was prepared in a variety of ways and it's was a great experience to sample each course. The food tasted good for the most part but the star of the menu was the steak preparation. Amazing. I would likely just go for their steaks the next time. Overall, it was a great experience and the service was absolutely exceptional. They even gave a souvenir to take home - really good fresh ramen noodles and some broth concentrate!

Highly recommended for people who are looking for Kobe beef in the Tokyo area.

3  Thank Ryuuken
There are newer reviews for Kobe Beef Kaiseki 511

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is the best restaurant of this years South East Asia trip. I am not a big fan of beef but my partner is. The server offered to supplement the Kobe beef with lobster and Alaskan snow crabs (no up charge). The 9 course dinner was just the most delightful food in flavor and presentation one can imagine.The service was impeccable always available but not over bearing. A real must when visiting Tokyo.

2  Thank Cruzanmon
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We came here on a weekday afternoon. There wasn't that many people, but I guess we were a bit late for the business lunch crowd being the sleep-in tourist type.

Service was exceptional and staff were very friendly and spoke good english. We came originally attracted by the 3500Y Kobe beef in the set lunch but after advice and explanation from the waiter we understood that to try the true Kobe taste we should get the sirloin, which was 13000Y for the same size (also available for dinner). As the waiter was pretty convincing, we decided to have one of each to compare the difference.

The meal was sooo good, and the Sirloin was indeed worth the 9500Y difference in price. It had a melt-in-your mouth rich taste but also the chew that you would want from a good steak. Upon leaving, the staff gave us a Kobe beef noodle set to take home which was very yummy as well. I will definately try to come back on my next visit to Tokyo.

2  Thank Chocosub
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The restaurant was a little bit hard to find being in a small street. We tried the Japanese 9 course and the western 7-course menu. They were both excellent. For the main course, we opted for a sirloin and a tenderloin. The sirloin was love at first bite...the juice and flavor was sublime. But Kobe beef are very marbled and this cut turns out to be too fatty in the end and we could not finish it. The tenderloin is simply perfect. The service is discreet but attentive, they would appear as soon as our wine glass is empty. I prefer the Cabernet Sauvignon (by the glass) to the pricier Tempranillo. The waiter also explains, for every course, what cut the meat comes from.

1  Thank Holeekow
Reviewed October 22, 2013

If you wanna reserve your spot in hell you should eat here. You'd automatically commit the deadly sin of gluttony! In this restaurant you can choose between 3 set-menus all of them containing Kobe beef in some or most of the dishes. Me and my wife opted for the 5-course menu, which is the "smallest", but also the most expensive. The reason for this is the main course which is 150g of Kobe beef. You can even make it larger for an additional sum, or change the cut. We paid extra for tenderloin instead of sirloin. The prices are still reasonable for this kind of place. You'll get out of here for under 20 000 yen per head, drinks included.

I came here for the Kobe beef, but it was the food leading up to the beef that surprised me. Kobe beef i'd eaten before and I got exactly what i'd expected, but the dishes leading up to the main course were a series of light tastefull little delights. First was a salad which were fantastic, then there was a chicken soup which was even better and lastly sweet potato soup which resulted in my wife using sweet potatoes in her cooking there after. The fourth course was the main course, and dessert we could choose between two types. I chose and stick my this choice still, the fruit assortments. Anything heavier will be to much.

The service was very good, but a little to visible at times. They were superfriendly however and 10 days after we went there my wife still talks of how friendly they were to us.

The locale is really nice, and they've put up small walls between each table so as to create a little intimacy, but still there are holes in the walls so you don't feel to exluded either.

One negative thing is that it seems to be popular with tourists, especially Americans, and they tend to be a bit loud. We might have been unlucky, but 75% of the tables I belive were American. So alot of noise and people talking about themselves.

1  Thank Lanfear23