JAPANiCAN - Tsukiji Outer Fish Market and Sushi Workshop
More attraction details
Owner description: A professional teacher will instruct you as to how to make sushi, which you can then enjoy for lunch! Try your hand at making sushi at Tsukiji Kiyomura Sushi Zammai. Instructors-in-training from the same school as the sushi master will help guests make their sushi.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

For those who like to see little less explored things, this place is a wonderful place. One way of looking it is that it is just a fish market. To people like me, the scale of operations, the variety of fish and sea food is just overwhelming.

To visit this place, the guided tours are super early in the morning. Staying in Tokyo the previous is recommended.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"souvenirs"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had the luck to only have 3 guys + tour guide with us so we got a guided tour through the inner market, shops outside the market as well as visit to the shrine nearby. Our guide was so immensely cheerful and knowledgeable and made the whole tour fun. The teacher at the sushi workshop was also very cheerful and helpful, we felt we really got very individual help from him as well as constructive feedback.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Having written the article for CNN that is referenced so negatively by the reviewer SG Seattle Traveler, I must write in defense of Reiko's tours. I lived in Japan for six years and Reiko was my go to person for ANY of my visitors and her tours were always the highlight of their adventures in Japan. Reading her review made me really wonder what type of traveller she was. Japan is expensive, sushi is expensive, custom, bespoke food tours are usually expensive. And i find Reiko's prices to be very fairly priced compared to other food experts in other big cities. Please do not let one person's experience get in the way of a wonderful opportunity to see Tsukiji from an insider's view. If you go alone, it will be really great, but you will miss out on so much. It's like going to the colosseum in Rome and just looking at the rubble. It's cool but not as meaningful.

2  Thank wasabiwabi
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have experience with my family after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. I arrived there around 4.15 am and we were in the past people accepted for the second round of 5:50. Many tourists arrived from 4.30 but the tours were already full ! Also note that after the visit, sushi restaurants are full very quickly and it takes several minutes waiting before taking breakfast.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Many reviews, guides say go at 4am or so but as I was travelling with my partner and my mother we decided against that and chose 9am. The market was interesting, still had the large tuna autions on the go and a lot of fish still to purchase, I dont dount it is excellent earlier in the day but was still impressed going when we did.
Chose a place to eat with a pic of Bennicio Del Toro outside, wasn't disapointed, unbelievable sushi there but then didn't expect anything less!