“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Wayne, New Jersey
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My first visit I told the only person that spoke English to tell the sushi master to bring me whatever he wanted to make and bring me beers until I say stop!!! I'm not a sushi guy but after 2 hours of non stop food I pulled out the flag. Bill was not cheap but well worth every yen spent. I got a standing O and hand clap from everybody in the place as I stumbled out. A year later I roll back in and the chef spots me and starts yelling Tom Son at the top of his lungs. Everybody is yelling in Japanese and laughing their butts off. I actually get a bro hug from the Chef and we are off to the races again with out the interpreter. Where it lacks in the crazy expensive sushi you find only in Tokyo, the service and attitude make it a great destination. Located behind the Hard Rock.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank NYSEski

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent sushi, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I found reviews of this restaurant in timeout and on tripadvisor, and it appeared a great place. A taxi from Tokyo station took around 20mins and cost 2000Yen. The restaurant itself is very plush, and at 9pm on a Tuesday night, I had a choice of either the sushi bar or table.

I went for the full special chef's menu - which wasn't cheap at 170,000 Yen. There were several less expensive options at around half that price, which looked good also.

The food was simply amazing - sashimi was sensational, the sushi was great also. The highlight (amazingly) was the grilled Red Snapper, which was simply delicious - served just with lemon, it was melt in the mouth with a wonderful taste.

The staff generally spoke English, with (I suspect) the owner and one of the sushi chef's both speaking excellent English.

All in all - a really pleasurable evening.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank sheepdip2k
Grimsby, Ontario CANADA
“Top sushi restaurant in Tokyo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I love sushi and eat it almost every month back home in Canada. And so while in Tokyo we wanted to experience the best the city has to offer. I read about this restaurant in our TImeOut Tokyo guidebook and also from an article by a food critic which I found online which listed the author's ten best sushi restaurants in Tokyo.
This eatery is down a small lane in Roppongi, and so it is important you check its website to get specific directions to find it. Unlike most Japanese restaurants this place is actually very large and comfortable with a huge attractive sushi bar. The owner is George and he is the sushi chef and his wife who speaks perfect English runs the dining room. The service is quick and efficient.
We choose the 6300 yen sashimi/sushi set and the fish was super fresh and delicious. What is more they invited us to choose the kinds of fish we like to eat, as we do not like all sushi. We also had a sushi meal at Tjukiji fish market and the overall food quality and experience was superior at Fukuzushi.
After the meal they escorted us to the lounge next door for tea and desert, a nice touch. For super expensive Japan and especially for eating fresh sushi, the price here is reasonable for the ambience, food quantity and food quality. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank alam1
Singapore
“Fresh sushi and sashimi, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were recommended this place by an aunt who went to the restaurant during a business trip. It is located behind Hard Rock Cafe in Roppongi and serves really fresh sashimi and sushi, at reasonable prices. A 7 sushi/7 sashimi and soup + dessert set costs 6300 yen. My wife and I loved it so much that we visited the restaurant again just before flying off. The head waitress/matron/receptionist (not too sure!! but we know this is a family run restaurant) speaks perfect English, having studied in Scotland in her school days. As this is an expat area, all the staff speak at least a little English. Chefs were really friendly and generous. On our second visit, we got an Uni (sea urchin) and Negitoro (chopped tuna belly) sushi on the house. It was a really nice gesture, and the food here is truly deserving of commendation.

Visited April 2012
5 Thank Northern_Rock
Montreal
“Traditional, quaint, very reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Had lunch at Fukuzushi in Rippongi, and would highly recommend this sushi restaurant for the food and price. English friendly -- one of the Japanese chefs spent time in Scotland so hearing him speak English with a Scottish accent was something! It's in somewhat of a back alleyway but a gem of a find.

Visited October 2011