“Overview”

$1,450.00*
Multi-Day Essential Tokyo and Seoul Tour
Ranked #2 of 434 things to do in Minato
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Tokyo is a very big city, with destination neighborhoods in every direction. The Tokyo Tower is a good place to get started on a first trip to Tokyo. You get a perspective on where the neighborhoods are, A view that makes sense of the maps you have studied

There are newer reviews for Tokyo Tower

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We went there at night after a long walk from Roppongi Hills. Don't attempt that, even though the tower looks very near! It was a mistake on our part, but the views made the walking all worth it. Tokyo is a very interesting city to see from up high because of all the roads and buildings.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

You will be able to see Mount Fuji on a clear day. We went during the week when they just opened up for the day and there were no lines. it gradually started filling up and by then we were ready to leave.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I really enjoyed visiting the Tokyo Tower. The price was approximately $17, which I thought was a bit steep. This included viewing both observation decks. Although it's a bit pricey, I recommend getting this ticket. The views are wonderful from the mid platform, but fantastic from the highest platform. Although it was a cloudy day and the sun was very bright, I was able to capture Mt. Fuji was which no easy feat. We went around the holidays and they had wonderful Christmas displays outside the front entrance.

1  Thank luv2travel821
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My sister told me Tokyo Tower was missable. It's not -- if you have a special reason to go. I loved Andy Lau and Sammi Cheng's movie, Love on a Diet, so I absolutely had to see it for myself.

If you've been up Macau Tower and N Seoul Tower, here's another one for you -- it's much of the same thing. The view is great, although not spectacular if you're not easily impressed by seeing cities at some height.

There's a mall at street level, where you can get the usual food and souvenirs. Tickets are sold just outside the main door of the tower. If I recall correctly it was 800 yen to go up the main observation floor.

There are two observation floors. If you want to go up all the way, I'm not sure if you can buy the ticket all the way to the top from the ground floor. They definitely sell the second stage ticket at the main observation floor. But buy your second stage ticket before you have a look around the main observation floor, since there is a wait to go up (about 30 minutes, when I was there). So buy ticket, have a look around, get souvenirs, go up second stage is the way to go.

Cute souvenirs at the main observation floor. I got stuff that I didn't see at the other shops.

Enjoy!