“Wonderful Experience!”

Ranked #21 of 109 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Cebu City, Philippines
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located in a residential area which is peaceful and quite. It has a shuttle bus that takes you to and from Meguro Station. It is also about 5mins walk from Shirokanedai Subway Station. Convenience Stores are a few minutes away.

The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is very helpful. Their lobby is super nice and large. However, food is pricy. Their coffee is about JPY 1000. I've been to 5star hotels but it was the most expensive coffee I have tried. But I didn't mind coz the music of the piano and cello was great.

It would be nice if they have coffee and tea in the rooms. Also, it would be good to have iron and iron board without having to ask housekeeping.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank NikeLight
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
As you commented, we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. This shuttle departs every 15 minute and it takes 5 minutes to Meguro station. There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.
7 min walk to the nearest subway “Shirokanedai” station provides you the fastest and easiest access to the main terminal station such as Tokyo, Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Omote-sando.
The live Jazz performance in our lobby lounge is very popular among our guests.
We appreciate your sincere feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Copenhagen
Reviewed June 17, 2014

After travelling to Tokyo for a couple of years now, I finally stumbled upon this Sheraton hotel. It is apparently not very well known as Sheraton locally - few taxi drivers got it unless I gave them the full name "Miyako sheraton"

But what a nice place indeed. It is not very expensive compared to other hotels in this class and yet has all the facilities you could ask for. The service is outstanding and there are always a lot of activities in the lower floors.

It is located a bit off the tourist grid, but within walking distance to the metro and they have frequent free bus transfer to Shinagawa Station from where you can get to basically anywhere in Japan easily. Also, i walked to Shinagawa station while I was there - not a long walk at all and a good way to experience a part of Tokyo not normally seen by visitors.

I would certainly recommend trying this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Torben B
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
Our hotel is located in one of Tokyo’s rich residential area so it is true that it is 7-8 minutes’ walk from the hotel to the nearest 24 hours-open convenience store.
We operate free shuttle service to JR Meguro station leaving about every 15 minutes and I recommend to use this shuttle for your shopping and dining out.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Customer Service
Hong Kong
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Always pick this hotel for my Tokyo trips. Located in a quiet neighborhood and connected to JR station by a 5-min ride on hotel shuttle that runs every 15 minutes. Five-minute walk from Metro station otherwise. Room was very spacious compared to hotels in the busiest areas. Room facing the Japanese garden was a real treat. Staff were very helpful in making restaurant booking and arranging shipping of packages. Hotel was old but the upkeep was good. Old fashion but in a good way.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank YF212
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
As you commented, our excellent concierge teams prepare for various kinds of maps, information and advise the best dining and shopping plan.
Additionally you can enjoy the changing colors of autumn leaves in our Japanese garden from late November to early December so we strongly recommend to stay here
in this season.

Turin, Italy
Reviewed June 5, 2014

It’s Sheraton but you don’t really get any Sheraton flavour…
Worst Sheraton I have been!

Many things on the bad side unfortunately:
- There is not a real “SPG preferred guests” line (neither for check in nor check out)
- Pool and Gym are “to pay” for non SPG members (!!! so why you list it in the hotels facilities)
- The design is oldish and not up to date for a 4 star hotel.
- Elevators are old, some level buttons are not working
- Rooms are not refreshed in the last 10 years.
- There is not Iron/Ironboard and asking for it you get the reply that you have to contact the housekeeping (had to ask 3 times)
- Informations on the website are misleading… gym close at 9pm, not 10pm … it’s hard to understand why they cannot let you use the gym when they keep open the Sauna?!?!?… I had my night plans messed up by they inability to let me exercise in a room that was basically open.
-… lines… even to join my colleagues at their table I had to make a line!… adding all the delays introduced by the hotel I ended up being late at my meeting.
- Pool (that is the only good thing of the hotel) is too hot

The location is not great neither… I would recommend everyone to spend their money elsewhere.

All the staff apologize for all the problems you have, they were very kind but if they feel so sorry why don’t they do something to fix it?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
It is with great regret and concern that you had a bad experience while staying in my hotel.
Our hotel is 35 years old and our facilities might seem outdated in spite the fact that we are continuously renovating guest rooms every year.
Though we are careful all the inventory of iron and ironing board aren't gone out, I share your feedback with our housekeeping manager for the purpose of improving the operation of lending.
As for your commentary regarding charge of gym, our health club is mainly open to local memberships. Please understand that this facilities is not exclusive for hotel guests and we charge both members and hotel guests the usage fee.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The classic hotel with the excellent Japanese garden is located in a quiet area in Tokyo (10 min/1,000 yen from the center of Roppongi by taxi )
The staff is well trained and the price is reasonable, compaired with other branded hotels in the center of Tokyo. Please note that the nearest convenience store is located a 7-8 minute walk from the hotel.
Please also note that no ATM is available in the hotel, though foreign money exchange is obviously available.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I am very pleased with your positive comment to my staffs.
I am sure to pass along your kind remarks to my team.
Our concierge prepare for various kind of maps, information so please get the advice there before you go out.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The hotel is located about 2 hours by Narita airport direct shuttle bus cost 3000 yen (US 26).
Location is not in the centre of everything. So you may find it hard if it's your first time to Tokyo.
Lobby is huge and check in was fast and easy. However, I am not sure if they understand my request upgrade to suites for starwood platinum member. Instead they offer me a deluxe room, that's pretty spacious and nice. A staff was guiding me to my room. He is very friendly speak with good English. He introduced me each room amenities and help me out set up the internet.

Room is big, clean with very traditional Japanese touch. Bathroom is old but very clean with the electric toilet seat as standard. Bed was comfortable. TV channel mostly are Japanese. So nothing much to watch at night. I haven't had enough to try the hotel facilities.

The hotel offer free shuttle bus to the nearby metro station. It takes around 5 mins and get off across Mc Donald. That's where you get on the bus back to hotel as well. I remember I took the green line up to reach Shinjuku station. It took 20 mins and the train was packed and busy. After I return from sightseeing at night. I miss the last shuttle bus around 10pm. I need to take cab back to hotel and cost around USD 10. It's easy to get a cab right at where you get on the free shuttle bus. Make sure you bring the hotel card to show the driver because most Japanese taxi drive can't speak English.

One thing I love about this hotel is the fablous, wonderful, delicious healthy clean breakfast in the morning. I would say its the best Sheraton breakfast. It has hot and cold dish from western and Japanese. Fresh squeeze juice and cut fruits. Bread, toast, chicken breast, salad, ham, cheese...and the breakfast area is very quiet surround by Japanese maple trees lot of green.

Remember to book your return shuttle bus back to airport when you check in at reception. Just avoid the bus may be fully booked. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: High floor with Garden view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Hyattdiamond
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments.
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
We share your feedback with our team for the purpose of improving our operations and services for future guests.
Moreover, the prepaid card of Tokyo subway system is also usable for all trains, buses and for shopping in major convenience stores.
Our excellent concierge teams prepare for various kinds of maps, information and advise the best dining and shopping plan.
We strive to provide the best hospitality throughout all aspects of our property.

We hope you will remain a valued customer.

Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I arrived at thet hotel past midnight due to a delayed flight but was greeted warmly bt the check in gentleman. The hotel has different breakfast choices and the Japanese buffte was nice and different. One aspect that is very convenient is the shuttles that run to the nearby stations. The Japanese garden is nice and offers greenery.

Overall a wonderful stay at this Sheraton hotel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
As you commented, we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. (Every 15 minute)
There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.
Better than that, A few glossary markets, 24 hours-open convenience store, 100 yen shop, liquor shop and some nice restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel.

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Shinagawa / Gotanda
Park Hotel Tokyo
#6 of 109 in Minato
Ana Intercontinental Tokyo
Royal Park Hotel The Shiodome, Tokyo

Been to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!