“Great service, well kept property and decent sized rooms”

Ranked #19 of 117 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed May 12, 2014

When I had a one night stay coming up in Tokyo I wanted to get a hotel somewhere central like in the Ginza area but my loyalty to Starwood had me considering this property and since it was only minutes from Rappongi and the hotel also had a shuttle to the Meguro JR station I decided to lock in my reservation at Sheraton Miyako and I'm glad I did. The property is wonderful, the lobby is very welcoming and the check in staff was very courteous and checked me in within 5 minutes and I was up to my room for a quick nap. Their sweet sleeper bed was very comfy and great on my back that had been acting up after hours on end of travel.

I was upgraded to the Grand deluxe room on the 7th flow with a partial garden and city view, and the room was nice and well sized as comparing to other Tokyo hotels. The only downside I see to this property is that if you are a Platinum SPG member their recognition isn't that great. They don't have an SPG lounge, and they also don't have any junior suites so a suite upgrade is virtually impossible however they do have cocktail hours for spg plats in the lobby bar between 5-10 pm and free breakfast in the restaurant which has a decent spread.

All in all I would definitely stay at this hotel again as its very easy to get in and out of central Tokyo with the shuttle service offered by the hotel that runs every 30 minutes starting at 7:30 am and also due to the amazing hospitality and service offered by all the great staff at Sheraton Miyako

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank dgirma1980
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I am very happy to hear about your positive comment to our staff service.
As you commented, we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. This shuttle departs every 15 minute and it takes 5 minutes to Meguro station. There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.
7 min walk to the nearest subway “Shirokanedai” station provides you the fastest and easiest access to the main terminal station such as Tokyo, Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Omote-sando.
We appreciate your sincere feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,716)

Reviewed May 6, 2014

It is my 2nd time staying at miyako. last time was about 4 years ago for a week, this time for 3 nights. room is OK, need some improvement. service is OK. I checked in at noon, and room was not ready. did some errands and came bay normal checking time of 2pm. room was ready, but concierge forgot to put my luggage in my room as promised, (turned out to be still in the storage), scared me a little but it was ok. concierge kept apologising... (it was ok, as long as they did not delivered to wrong room) i think they need to upgrade their bathroom fixtures more but i can live with it because it was relatively clean and with price i paid (very reasonable) it was OK. what was not OK is their dining selection. Their Chinese, Japanese and even Lobby Bar are OK, especially SHISEN Chinese. However, cafe califronia is not acceptable. if you serve french japanese, please don't use california in your name. however, even with that cuisine, they have lots of california wine. however, they did not have good selections at all. Also pricing was more like competition of price is right. They line up bottle by price, like 5000 yen bottle, 7500 yen bottle. It is my understanding that those bottles's fair maker vale are not exactly identical so i was like if I choose this wine, hotel's margin is more/less.... Also, they choose wrong grape. good brand of california wine but not the right grape. If you choose to carry famous winery's bottle, if you only choose to carry one kind, please select the one that is notorious. if you carry chateau montelena, please have chardonnay on the list. duckhorn's zinfandel only? what about their famous merlot? if restaurant's name is cafe carlifornia and proudly carrying california wine, please rethink about wine list and pricing structure. you are not "family restaurant" or "izakaya". with lots of tourist and many foreign residents around the area, if shisen can attract that many non hotel guest diner, if cafe california can live up to its name by remodelling and restructuring more like famous popular restaurant of "TERADA GROUP" like beacon and cicada style restaurant, as a hotel guest, i would have dine at the hotel. My overall experience is as i expected, and it was fine. i used to live in shirokane and azabu so the are is super convenient and price is just very reasonable. but again, please do something about cafe california. BTW, their breakfast is not great at all. despite the fact japanese people line up 2 hours to eat pancake at omoetsando, they should try harder.

Room Tip: starwood gold member can get late checkout of 4pm
1  Thank rihwapon
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I regret that Café California didn’t meet your expectation. your comments are valued and will be given detailed consideration.
I share your comment with the chef and the sommelier.
We are planning to significantly change the menu. We will adopt the new concept, that is to provide “a la carte dishes of large volume in reasonable price “.
In addition, our wine selection of Café California will be drastically changed and the proper price will be set.
This project team has already started to reform ,so the renewal debut of Café California will be in this summer, I hope.

Thank you again for your patronage and we hope to have you as a guest again in the near future.
We are taking corrective steps immediately in every conceivable way
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Customer Service

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights during our stay in Tokyo, hotel provides a shuttle service to Shinagawa station in the morning, followed by a service to Meguro from mid morning onwards until at night.

If you are inclined to walk and explore around the Shirokanedai train station is a few minutes away. Hotel gardens is beautiful and very well maintained. Very impressed with the layout of the landscaping.

Hotel was more than happy to cater to our early check in request (Got in to Tokyo early due to the red eye flight). Reception staff were very knowledgeable and very accommodating to our requests. Interesting point to note was seeing all the Porters being female, that sure is different being back home. However my concerns were dispelled when they were able to lift my large suitcases onto the trolley rack with ease.

Complimentary wifi is provided which was a nice touch. There is a jazz performance in the foyer lounge which provides excellent music to the ears.

My only gripe was being allocated a smoking floor, being non-smokers my wife and I both resented the smoke smell on the furniture and carpets. At least the room didnt have that issue but you can certainly catch a waft of it the instant you open the hotel room door. However we enjoyed the view of the city so didnt see the need to change to another room.

There was also the Health Club with indoor heated door which we didnt use - be aware that an entrance fee each time, however all facilities are provided together with the fee.

Had breakfast there twice and both were splendid - American style brekky was very authentic on the second day and the buffet breakfast was incredibly extensive on our last day. However being in Tokyo for such a short period of time, it will be prudent to savour less of the spread and head out to town to try the Tokyo eating experience.

WIll have to visit again, Sheraton Miyako all your staff have done well so be proud of yourselves! Well done!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
Please kindly accept our sincere apologies for not giving you non-smoking room. Currently non-smoking room is more popular so we are about to increase the number of non-smoking room.
As you commented, the live Jazz performance in our lobby lounge is very popular among our guests.
Also we hold Sheraton Social Hour in our bar from everyday from 17:00pm to 20:00 pm. You can enjoy Starwood’s Specialty Select Wine by the glass from the excellent winery all over the continent.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 7 nights in April 2014 for our family vacation. The room is spacious for 2 twin beds, 1 small sofa and a table and two chairs. The bathroom was a nice size as well. I was quite impressed because I heard Tokyo hotels are small, and this room is comparable to one in the United States. The location is very good, quiet location and 5 minute walk to the Shirokanedai station. The hotel offers shuttle bus (10am to 10pm) to Meguro station, which is a station on the Yamanote line (loop) which is the train line to most of the tourist sites in Tokyo. The condition of the furniture was adequate (not the fanciest) but clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom could use some updating, tiles were rather old and needs replacement. Overall, hotel staff does a good job with cleanness. The only disappointment is that the room and even lobby was incredible hot and stuffy. The temperature control in my room did not work. I went to the front desk to report the issue and when I arrived back in my room, the issue was not fixed. But they left me with a fan. The fan helped a little bit, but I would have preferred air conditioning. It was not really very hot outside, but the problem is the room has floor to ceiling window and it got very hot during the day. Additionally, the lobby was so stuffy and warm and very uncomfortable as well. I'm not sure what the problem was. We went on to stay at the Osaka Westin and Kyoto Westin and did not encounter this issue. We were able to turn down the temperature in the room. Other than that, I have no complaints. The hotel staff was very friendly, the people who greeted us at the lobby door and bus driver. We enjoyed our stay but wished the room was not so hot.

1  Thank tacobar101
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We apologize for your inconvenience of your room temperature control. It is true that our each room has no control and its temperature is managed by central heating system. Spring time temperature in Tokyo has repeatedly risen and fallen so housekeeping try to modify hotel-room temperature frequently, however it is difficult to decide the appropriate temperature for all the guests.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Because of the remote location, we relied on the shuttle to take us to the nearest train station which allowed us to visit all locations of Tokyo......thank goodness they provide this service.

Upon check-in we were assigned a non-smoking room, BUT - and I mean a big BUT, it was not on a non-smoking floor. The floor reminded me of a third rate Las Vegas casino....low ceilings and full of smoke! It was horrible. However, when I complained to the front desk, they graciously moved us to a non-smoking floor where we happily remained for the duration of our trip.

The staff was helpful, friendly and always anxious to please. Prior to this trip I didn't understand that most Japanese do not speak any form of English. However, the staff always tried their best to communicate and address all of my questions.

Now that I better understand how the city is laid out, I wouldn't have any hesitation to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
Please kindly accept our sincere apologies for not giving you non-smoking floor. Currently non-smoking floor is more popular so we are about to increase the number of non-smoking floor.
As you commented, we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. (Every 15 minute)
There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.
Our excellent concierge teams prepare for various kinds of maps, information and advise the best dining and shopping plan.
We are thankful you chose to stay with us & look forward to seeing you again then next time.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We had a very pleasant 3-night stay at this hotel. The hotel is classically and tastefully decorated. The location is quiet but we found it also very convenient with a 5 min walk to the nearest subway station with a number of supermarkets and convenient stores on the way. Their shuttle service is very punctual and reliable and we nearly never had to wait very long for a ride to the further Meguro station (which is more central with a mall and numerous restaurants around).
However, what really shines at this hotel is the customer service. They were efficient and courteous which would be expected almost anywhere in Japan. What we didn't expect, is the extra mile they would go for the customers. During check-out, we left an original artwork that we acquired during our trip in the hotel lobby. We did not realize it until well on our way to the airport over an hour later. When we called the hotel on the airport bus, we did not have much hope other than that may be we will pay for Fed Ex for them to mail it to us. What they did is to send one of their staff on a taxi to the airport to deliver the painting to us, right to the gate (via ANA airline crew -- which is another excellent Japanese company). I cannot tell you how grateful we were to Sheraton Miyako Tokyo hotel management and staff and how they go above and beyond to provide excellent customer service!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
Moreover, the prepaid card of Tokyo subway system is also usable for all trains, buses and for shopping in major convenience stores.
We are thankful you chose to stay with us and look forward to seeing you again next time.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Very efficient and friendly service,
Nice large rooms, slightly outdated. Location 10min walk from the ground station, but there free shuttle service to the nearest underground.
I would probably stay in more a central hotel, but really good service.

• Stayed: May 2013
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
5 min walk to the nearest subway “Shirokanedai” station provides you the fastest and easiest access to the main terminal station such as Tokyo, Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Omote-sando.

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
ANA InterContinental Tokyo
Ochanomizu / Akihabara / Kanda
Hotel Niwa Tokyo
Hotel Niwa Tokyo
#9 of 82 in Chiyoda

Been to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!