“It's all about the service ”

Ranked #22 of 116 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Fast check in and fast checkout! I've never seen another hotel with such streamlined processes before.

Regarding the metro stop, which another reviewer mentioned, there is actually a closer one than Meguro. It's Shirokanedai station, right up the hill, about 5 minutes away. I find the Tokyo metro quite convenient ... So location is not a huge deal.

Is the neighborhood quiet? Absolutely, but that is part of the charm. That said, there are a couple 24 hour markets near the Shirokanedai station if you'd like something after hours. Plus, the nearby Tokyu grocery store has decent takeout if you don't want to spend the big bucks at the hotel.

Breakfast is simple but quite good. I think the coffee could be improved but that's a small complaint.

Check out the M bar downstairs. I find it to be a hidden gem -- great for a private conversation over a drink.

As for the gym, it's functional. The pool is a proper 25m lap pool, but I find the water temperature to be a bit too high.

All in all -- while it's a bit of an older facility, everything is well maintained and it's the service that keeps me coming back. I stay here 6-7 times per year. I'll be coming back.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
The live Jazz performance in our lobby lounge is very popular among our guests.
Also we hold Sheraton Social Hour in our bar from everyday from 17:00pm to 20:00 pm. You can enjoy Starwood’s Specialty Select Wine by the glass from the excellent winery all over the continent.
Our hotel is located in one of Tokyo’s rich residential area so it is true that it is 7-8 minutes’ walk from the hotel to the nearest 24 hours-open convenience store.
We operate free shuttle service to JR Meguro station leaving about every 15 minutes and I recommend to use this shuttle for your shopping and dining out.
Our concierge prepare for various kind of maps, information so please get the advice there before you go out.
We appreciate your sincere feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I had a chance to stay here a few months back. The hotel decently priced for being in Tokyo.

The rooms were slightly small even though we were upgraded to the newly renovated rooms.

Hotel staff was extremely kind and provided outstanding service. The only down side I could think of was the distance to the station. It was about a 20 minute walk or a 5 minute shuttle ride. But if you miss the shuttle, you'll have to walk. Most taxis know where the hotel is though. So just tell them you're going to the Miyako hotel and they'll drop you off where you need to go.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I am very pleased with your positive comment to my staffs.I am sure to pass along your kind remarks to my team.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Normally I rate a room based on my ability to do some work in the room, this time things are different, I was on holiday. Although the Miyako is not close to many things, they have an excellent bus service to the JR and subway, runs every 15 minutes. Rooms are larger and clean, unfortunately I had to have a smoking room so that was the only negative aspect. breakfast is limited however still good. Staff are very helpful

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
Please kindly accept our sincere apologies for not giving you non-smoking room.Currently non-smoking room is more popular so we are about to increase the number of non-smoking room.
I also share your feedback with all staffs for the purpose of reviewing each work.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had quick and efficient check-in, but was unable to secure a king bed since all were sold out (my reservation had been made for a twin room) and they did not have my SPG number in the system and could not look it up.
Rooms were nice, bathroom was dated (older tub with cloth shower curtain).
Bed comfort average.
Breakfast was included in my room rate. Selection at the restaurant was adequate, nothing special.
The area near the hotel is away from the normal busy Tokyo neighborhoods, so that could be good if you want to get away from things, bad if you want to be able to walk to shops, restaurants, etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
It is with great regret and concern that you had a bad experience while staying in my hotel.
I am very sorry that we couldn’t provide you with your king bed room because all the queen and king bed room were fully booked on the day.And please accept my apology on behalf of our front staff at your check in who couldn’t prioritize the guest demand appropriately.
we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. (Every 15 minute)
There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.
All of us here hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

There are several pros and cons to this hotels. The pros are that the rooms are huge by Japanese standards. Although other reviews says it's dated, I would say the decor is still tasteful and nice. The service is excellent and all the staff are super nice.

The cons are that the location is terrible! You are basically out in the timbucktu of Tokyo -- there is nothing in walking distance, not even a metro station. You have to rely on the shuttle bus (10am - 10pm) to take you to the closest station, which is a pain. There are a number of restaurants and lounges in the hotel but they are very pricey ($4 for a cup of coffee).

The other thing about Sheraton is you can always count of them to have a nice gym to get in some exercise on the road -- but not here! The gym is terrible and you have to pay an extra 1600yen to use the gym / pool facilities. I've never heard of anything like this and think the extra cost is just another cash grab!

To compare, I stayed at the Hilton Tokyo on my last visit, which has a superb location near Shinjuku! The rooms are fresh and spacious. My stay also included access to the club lounge and breakfast -- both of which were spectacular!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank phil4vic
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.

Thank you for your great comment to our staff and service. This will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Surely our hotel is located in high-end residential area which is different from busy commercial area such as Shinjuku.
However, the hotel is 5 minutes’ walk to the nearest subway station “Shirokanedai” and we operate free shuttle bus service to JR train station “Meguro” (5 min journey) every 15 minutes.
A few glossary markets, 24 hours-open convenience store, 100 yen shop, liquor shop and some nice restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel.
Our excellent concierge teams prepare for various kinds of maps, information and advise the best dining and shopping plan.

As for your commentary regarding charge of gym, our health club is mainly open to local members.Please understand that this facilities is not exclusive for hotel guests and we charge both members and hotel guests the usage fee.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The hotel needs a lick of paint and some refurbishment. especially to their air conditioning system. it is centrally located and should by rights be a good hotel for business stopovers.

The rooms are adequately large enough by Tokyo standards, but they need improvement. Bathrooms too.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nicolaos T

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I apologize your experience provided in our guest room was less than satisfactory.
We are remodeling guest room little by little so the number of renovated room increases.
We still continue to invest in refurbishment.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Wonderful accommodations. It is away from the hustle bustle of the crowds, but close enough that it is easy to get to anywhere from Meguro station. The shuttle to the subway is very convenient. A couple of times we were out past the last hotel shuttle and caught a cab. It was a quick, cheap ride to the hotel from the subway station. Enjoying coffee or tea with the delicious Japanese cakes they serve in the hotel lobby while looking at the garden view was a real treat- expensive, but worth doing at least once. During a morning walk we found a Starbuck's tucked into a small shopping area about 1/4 mile from the hotel. That was a bonus for a coffee addicted morning person. The hotel staff is very helpful, especially when seeking directions to attractions and such. We only ate one meal at one of the hotel restaurants (Chinese food), expensive but it was exquisite.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I am very happy to hear about your positive comment to our staff service.

As you already know, our hotel is located in very quiet and safe residential area with a lot of green.
The live Jazz performance in our lobby lounge is very popular among our guests.
We hope you will remain a valued customer.

Sheraton Miyako Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Park Hotel Tokyo
#9 of 75 in Chiyoda
The Prince Park Tower Tokyo
Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier

Been to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!