New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Good hotel if you don't need to be central” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Ranked #19 of 106 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Perth, Australia
“Good hotel if you don't need to be central”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Miyako hotel offers good value for Tokyo at the expense of location. It is a convenient location from Haneda airport, and easy enough to get to from Narita using the Narita Express to Shinagawa station and a short taxi ride from there. The limousine bus also stops at the hotel. There is a large lobby and check-in was hassle free. The staff there all speak good English.

The rooms are large for Japan, and certainly larger than what you'd get for the same price in or near Ginza. A large closet with plenty of hangers and shelves coupled with a good sized bathroom makes for a pleasant week long stay. The rooms are very well kept with nice amenities provided. There is just enough lighting, but the dark furnishings do make the room quite dark. The desk lamp is convenient but the round table provided is not the easiest or most comfortable to get any work done if required. Large floor to ceiling windows provide plenty of sunlight during the day. There is access to a health club within the hotel but it requires a fee. The internet was reliable and of a good speed, allowing multiple devices to be connected at once.

The location is not central to the majority of Tokyo, but it is approximately a 5-10 minute walk to two subway stations (on the same line), therefore not the easiest area to base Tokyo explorations from. The area is very quiet unlike the constant action of Ginza or Shibuya. There are several restaurants within the hotel complex serving Asian and western cuisines. The Shi Sen restaurant offers a buffet-style breakfast, with the option of a la carte breakfast at Cafe California. There are limited restaurants outside the hotel, but 2 convenience stores near the subway station. For a good choice of restaurants you're much better to take the metro or a taxi to the nearby Meguro or Ebisu area.

A nice hotel, but if you're planning on being in or around the Ginza area for the majority of the visit, a hotel there would be more suitable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jetsetter_AU
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you soon.

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel!! Even though it's not located within walking distance to any JR stations, the hotel does have pick up and drop of shuttle bus every 10~15 min. There's not much in that area however, if you take the bus to Meguro there's a few restaurants over there and baskin robin. In addition, you should try out the Miyako Sheraton's strawberry/macha/ coffee latte it's worth it :).

• Stayed June 2013
We are truly thankful you chose to stay with us at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo.
I appreciate your wonderful review and your positive experience in my hotel.

JR Meguro area is popular as an inexpensive dining town among Tokyo locale people.
There are many fancy confectionaries, “Ramen” noodle shops, reasonable bars where both young and old people gather and more.

We appreciate your sincere feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Sincerely
Topsham, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was able to check in early and get into my room. The room was very comfortable. The maid service was the best. Only complaint was the price of coffee. 900 yen for coffee is enough to make me walk to Meguro station to get my coffee. I loved my stay and the view of rainbow bridge was awesome.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
The price of a cup of coffee in Tokyo city hotel’s lounge is higher than that in the downtown restaurant. Because city hotels offer drinks and social meeting atmosphere at the same time. Average price of a cup of coffee in the same level hotel lounge such as Hyatt, Marriott is JPY900-1200 or more.
If you need Seattle style coffee, there is one coffee chain shop adjacent to a book store within 5 min walk from the hotel,
Additionally, we operate free shuttle service to JR Meguro station leaving about every 15 minutes and I recommend to use this shuttle for your shopping and dining out.
Around JR Meguro station, there are Starbucks, MacDonald, Baskin-Robins and many Seattle style coffee chain stores.

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Though I have family in Tokyo, I generally spend a few days at the Miyako to decompress after the long flight or just enjoy a little privacy with the wife before attending to familial duties. The rooms are always clean, quiet and comfortable; and unlike another reviewer, I found the firmness of the king-size bed afforded me excellent sleep (even with jet-lag).

It's a pleasant walk to the Shirokanedai metro station, which will connect you to other lines that get you anywhere inside or outside the city. And near that station there are a couple of markets that will allow you to keep supplied with yogurt, bananas, drinks, snacks, etc., so that you don't need to use the mini-bar (which doubles as your refrigerator). The hotel also has a shuttle that will take you to Meguro station (on the JNR line). And also, you can use the Airport Limousine bus from/to Narita Airport, as the Miyako in one of the stops on its route, if you don't happen to be flying out of nearby Haneda.

There is also a nice swimming/lap pool (part of an in-hotel health club) that can be used for about $15. Unfortunately, it was closed for maintenance on the day I went downstairs to use it. Doh!! If you're a runner, take the metro to Sakuradamon station and take a run around the perimeter of the Imperial Palace compound, 2 laps equals 10K.

Finally, the staff at the Miyako is first-rate, as you might expect at a place of this caliber in Japan; always polite and accommodating. I'll be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We are truly thankful you chose to stay with us at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo.
I appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel.
Our hotel is located in one of Tokyo’s rich residential area so it is true that it is 7-8 minutes’ walk from the hotel to the nearest 24 hours-open convenience store. We operate free shuttle service to JR Meguro station leaving about every 15 minutes and I recommend to use this shuttle for your shopping and dining out.Our concierge prepare for various kind of maps, information so please get the advice there before you go out.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great hotel with outstanding customer service.
Very clean and tidy however bedroom was a little on the small side and bathroom was compact. As a single guy on a business trip, this was fine however I can imagine you'd be stepping on each other if you're a couple. Bed was huge although a little hard for my taste. Don't get me wrong, the bed was comfortable but i prefer a softer bed.
Service was outstanding in every department, front desk, room service, housekeeping etc
They have 3 restaurants, we ate in the Chinese restaurant and the food was full of flavour and enough to feed an army. We actually back twice more to the same restaurant.
Not sure about location, as we got a taxi everywhere bt it seemed to be fairly central.
Great hotel, would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
hank you very much for your staying at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo.
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I am very pleased with your positive comment to my staffs.I am sure to pass along your kind remarks to my team.
The live Jazz performance in our lobby lounge is very popular among our guests.
Also we hold Sheraton Social Hour in our bar from everyday from 17:00pm to 20:00 pm. You can enjoy Starwood’s Specialty Select Wine by the glass from the excellent winery all over the continent.
We hope you will remain a valued customer.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

3rd trip in this hotel. But this time I requested for upgraded room. Ended up on 12th floor. Although the bathroom was quite old, it was still better than the small bathroom I had in my previous stays.
Bathroom: bathtub, no walk in showe
Cheap Sheraton amenities. And for a reason unknown to me, no shower gel, ony shampoo...
As note in my review last year, the concierge team is still awesome, in particular the lovely lady whose voice can be recognized easily.
For SPG Plat, there's not executive lounge or floor, only the shared lobby lounge where there is a small list of items that can be ordered. But nothing a dedicated top floor lounge with a real kitchen.
Although TV sets are new (flat) still this odd system with 3 sub chanels.
Choices of foreign channel still very limited: CNN, BBC, and that's it
Breakfast at California is odd, and very packed (need to queue). This is not really an international business hotel (Miyako is a local chain), many japanese families stay there and take breakfast, long queue in the morning.
Good point is there are always taxis on standby (anyway the hotel provides shuttle bus)
Client facing staff have a OK level of English if you do everything standard without deviating from the script... I had an issue with the laundry charge for my shirt and the staff at guest counter looked overwhelmed and very lost.I ended up forgetting about my explanations and just said "it's your mistake I won't pay for this".

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I regret that the room itself and the amenity did not meet the standards you expected.
Your opinions assist us in continually striving to exceed your expectations, and to help us make future decisions as we develop and expand our hotels.
I sincerely apologize for the incorrect laundry charge.
We review our receipt processing procedure and possible modifications to accurate counting.
There has been a problem with remedial measures for a while now and let me assure to you that we are taking all the steps we can to change it.

Frankfurt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

i visisted Miyako in April this year on a Business trip for my Company to Tokyo.
The Hotel is in the vicinity of Metro stations (Meguro) and its an easy starting place to further explore the town (the Hotel also runs a shuttle Service).
The rooms are comparably large and the Equipment is modern.

Prices were really fair for Tokyo with approx 120 Euro without breakfast.
The Fitness & trainin facilities were ok.
the staff was very friendly and helpful
I would definetely go again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
We are truly thankful you chose to stay with us at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo.
I appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel.
I am very happy to hear about your positive experience in my hotel and will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to my team.
We all hope to see you the next time you are in Tokyo!

Sincerely

Guest Service
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Park Hotel Tokyo
4.5 of 5 stars 1,790 reviews
Shinagawa / Gotanda
Shinagawa Prince Hotel Tokyo
The Prince Park Tower Tokyo

Been to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!