“A Great Hotel for Tokyo”

Ranked #21 of 110 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
San Francisco, California
“A Great Hotel for Tokyo”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I arrived here with a reservation booked from a friend who lives about 500 meters away.
While the hotel in not centrally located, it is fast and easy to get around the city from there. There is a shuttle that drops you off at the train station every 15 minutes and from there you can get around Tokyo just fine. The fast and lever of service is amazing.
The only negative aspect of the hotel is that even though we had a booked no smoking room, the whole floor smelled like smoke, but not the inside of the roon.

1 Thank Tessitori
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
As you commented, we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. (Every 15 minute)
There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.
Meanwhile, there is only one floor in which non-smoking room and smoking room are mixed here, such as the left wing is used for non-smoking and the right wing is used for smoking.
We are very sorry for your bad experience this time and I share your comment with housekeeping manager for the purpose of
improvement to this identified problem.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you soon.

Guest Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Many Americans have traveled to Tokyo and have stayed in the Narita area, but if you fly in to Haneda, this airport this airport is located closer to the City Center. As most Americans realize it is not uncommon to wake at midnight starving. This is one of the few properties that has 24 hour dinning, and complimentary WiFi in the lobby. With exceptional service, you find you are centrally located to all areas of Tokyo, and for you shoppers there is an underground mall that connects most properties, that offer a variety of food options, upscale stores, as well as traditional places.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank rlange10
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. (Every 15 minute)
There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.
Better than that, A few glossary markets, 24 hours-open convenience store, 100 yen shop, liquor shop and some nice restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel.
Our excellent concierge teams prepare for various kinds of maps, information and advise the best dining and shopping plan
We are thankful you chose to stay with us & look forward to seeing you again then next time

Sheraton Miyakohotel Tokyo
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during my business trip. It's close to a company I had business with so I had not any problem with location but not really accessible to the center of the city. A room is comfortable, nice and tidy. And staffs were very nice and courteous. They were willing to help me all the time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We are truly thankful you chose to stay with us at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo.
I appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel.

We share your feedback with our team for the purpose of improving our operations and services for future guests.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you soon.

bayarea
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel doesn't show at the top of some lists, most likely because it isn't in the trendiest area and it isn't new. But for the price it is a very good hotel. The rooms are large, quiet and clean compared to other places you could stay in Tokyo for a lot more money (Prince Megaplex). I stayed here because I wanted to be in Minato but didn't want to pay Grand Hyatt prices.
The Miyako is separated from the main JR lines but the hotel has 2 shuttle buses that run between the Meguro JR stop and the hotel on a very frequent basis. The hotel is just a few doors away from the Mita line. I thought it was very convenient to use the shuttle bus to JR or walk to the Mita line.
The food in the hotel is very pricey so it is worth walking the short distance up the hill to some restaurants (A great little sushi restaurant featuring Chef Saito and Nigiri Sushi plate for 1000 yen!!!) or you can take the free shuttle bus to the Meguro station and either eat there or ride to another destination.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Guest Service at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments.
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
As you already know, our hotel is located in very quiet and safe residential area with a lot of green.
And we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. (Every 15 minute)
There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station. Our concierge staff show you our neighborhood and Meguro area by map.
Please be sure to drop in at our concierge desk next time.
All of us here hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stay there from 7th to 10th May 2013. The hotel staff is extremely courteous and helpful. The rooms are well serviced and appointed. There are certain things that could be better about the hotel, though. We were about 20 people travelling on a business trip. We realized that the service was not consistent across rooms e.g some rooms had been provided with complementary water bottles while others had to buy water from the mini- refrigerator. Some rooms were provided with iron boards while others were not. Also, language could be a little bit of a challenge for non-japanese.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I am very happy to hear about your positive comment to our staff service.
Complimentary bottle water is equipped in some upgrade category rooms in our hotel..
It is natural this was seen to be unfair for you as group travellers and we are sorry for the lack of our attention.
Frankly, none one of our guestroom closet has iron or ironing board as standard equipment so we provide them on request basis.
Though we are careful all the inventory of iron and ironing board aren’t gone out, I share your feedback with our housekeeping manager for the purpose of
improving the operation of lending.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

USA
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We used points to stay at the miyako in Tokyo and had a great time. We really loved the location in a quiet part of minato that was close to multiple rail stops, shops, and (important for our first night) karaoke joints. We used a suite night award for our upgrade and couldn't have been happier with our room. Only complaint is that the bathroom had a dirty feet smell...but it was contained to the bathroom, which looked perfectly clean despite the smell.

• Stayed April 2013
Tokyo_Santa, Guest Service at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We apologize for your uncomfortable experience caused by bad smell in the bath room.
I asked the housekeeping manager to investigate the cause of bad smell in the bathrooms and to remove it immediately.
The mildew removal work of the bath room has been periodically carried out in our hotel, however this work might be insufficient, I think.
Please be assured the issues you have raised have been addressed to prevent any reoccurrence in the future.
Our concierge staff show you our neighborhood by map.
Please be sure to drop in at our concierge desk next time.

All of us here hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Solana Beach, California
Reviewed May 1, 2013

When I visit my parents from California, I take the limousine bus to and from Narita from this hotel. We had lunch at the lobby lounge while waiting for my bus. My mother had udon, my father sandwiches and coffee, and I had some Singapore noodle soup. The bill was 8000 yen (80 dollars). My noodles came with a orchid blossom next to the bowl. There was a few slices of spam quality ham floating with chewy noodles in a bland light orange colored sauce. My father said that sandwiches were much better at their local convenience store. My mother's choice of udon was the best, but she could have made herself one better tasting in fifteen minutes, at home. I could not finish my noodles because the "ham" was awful. The food was the worst I have had anywhere in the world in years. Every five to ten years, I have ended eating at Der Weinershnitzel, thinking, "the hotdogs couldn't have been as bad as I remember them, they must have improved just to stay in business"...to be disappointed again. That is the only thing that comes up when comparing this food. A few years back, the lounge had decent Japanese lunch fare, although pricey. If they can't find a good cook, they should only serve cake and coffee for 2500 yen (I am being a wee bit sarcastic). They have two other expensive restaurants at this hotel, so go to them instead if you have to.
When I got back to San Diego, my friend picked me up and we stopped at Cosco and ate some decent hotdogs at a dollar fifty each...much better!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hisa92075
Tokyo_Santa, Guest Service at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your visit to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo.
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.

It is with great regret that you don’t like the taste of our food in Lobby Lounge.
I will share your feedback with our Chief Chef of Lobby Lounge for the purpose of improving our menu and also take into account your comments regarding our pricing.

At any rate, we are sure all of the foodstuff here is carefully selected in conformity to the various food regulations of Japanese
and western standards.

There has been a problem with remedial measures for a while now and let me assure to you that we are taking all the steps we can to change it.
We appreciate your sincere feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Park Hotel Tokyo
#6 of 81 in Shinjuku
Grand Nikko Tokyo Daiba
Grand Nikko Tokyo Daiba
#11 of 110 in Minato

Been to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!