1,868 results
All reviews meguro station shuttle bus spg platinum bamboo lounge japanese garden shuttle service health club nice garden club lounge the hotel offers quiet location chinese restaurant narita airport business traveler concierge desk business trip smoking room
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This is my 5th time at this hotel and some things have gotten better other things have stayed the same. I generally stay in the Sheraton since I am a Gold SPG member and the Westin is far more expensive (price, points,etc) (BTW the Westin is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in).
The hotel is in between Meguro and Shinagawa so in some respects it is in the middle of nowhere but if you know how to get around and use the Metro it is not too bad. The shuttle bus works but again it only takes you to and from Meguro all day.
The staff has improved over time and is friendly and helpful. The desk and the concierge is efficient.
The beds were comfortable with many pillow choices. They had real bathrobes vs yakatas

The bad is the rooms have not changed since the Sheraton took over the hotel over 10 years ago. The bathrooms are old and stained -- toilet, bath, sink. While they have the washlet toilets the other fixtures are old and out of date, unless 1960 was the look they were trying to obtain.
The other issues are there is not enough light in the room. There are these flashlight bulb lights at the bed which can't be more than 20 watts. With all of the lights on the room is dark. While the internet speed is relatively fast it is wired not wireless. There are not enough outlets in the room if you need more than 2. Also there are not enough draws if you are staying for a week.
So while there are issues with the hotel the stay is pleasant but unless they renovate even though I am an SPG member I will start to stay elsewhere.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed 4 nights at Sheraton Miyako hotel in TYO on a recent business trip.
From NRT, you can catch a direct Limo Bus to Sheraton for JPY3000. Location is not near JR station but the hotel has a free shuttle to JR station

Check-in was smooth and was allocated a room on the 10th floor. Room was quite big but i found the round study table to be a bit small. In-room internet was free and quite fast. No Wi-Fi, thus you need to plug the LAN cable in and work from the desk. Decor ok, a bit old (esp the toilets) but the bed was comfortable and good for sleep

It was winter, thus they had the heater on, no air-con, but the hotel was kind enough to bring up a fan for me. Breakfast at lobby cafe was normal fare but free if you are higher tier SPG members, else chargeable

The basement Jap restaurant was incredibly expensive. I arrived late into hotel and decided to eat in hotel instead of going out. A simple beef set dinner costs me around 200 bucks which was expensive even by Jap standards.

Overall, I was happy with the stay but I have stayed at better Sheraton hotels, this one falls a tad short in terms of overall appeal

Room tip: Ask for high-floor
Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed March 12, 2012

This was my second time coming to the hotel. In general first was a good experience, but this time I was booked on the 2nd floor. I have never seen such a rooms since the 1970's, it was like going back in time. Incredible this room or floor has not been upgraded in 40's years, I am serious. Decor was circa 1970's not even the 80s'. I complained and was moved to a smoking floor which was the same type of room as my last stay, quite pleasant.
But considering the out of place location of the hotel, they could update the older rooms and even update some other areas of the hotel which are a bit lagging.
Does not fit the Sheraton brand very well.

Room tip: NOT THE 2nd floor unless you want to go back to the 1970's.
1  Thank Alan K
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Located not very central but the hotel was better than expected. Guest room is large and clean.

However, the air conditioner didn't work well so the room wasn't cool but the staff tried his best to solve the problem.

Unlike the other Sheraton, please beware of the additional charge if you request some more bottled water or use the fitness center.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natssant
Reviewed March 5, 2012

As others have said, the hotel is aged. But the service from everyone from the bell boy, to the check in counter, to the concierge and the gym is amazing.

The last time I stayed here I forgot a wallet in the room locker, where I keep all my foreign exchange. I must've had a couple of thousand dollars in it along with a few credit cards. I called the concierge desk when I arrived back home thinking the wallet is gone, but I was very pleasantly surprised they have my wallet and have kept it in a hotel safe, and that they have already emailed me. They had tried to call but I was on the flight. Great service!

I am now a platinum with SPG and I was given free breakfast, drinks during the day, and access to the gym. There wasn't much of a room upgrade because there are only 2 suites in the hotel. But it's an adequate room with a comfortable bed and a shower with good water pressure.

Breakfast was serviced in the Chinese restaurant on the first floor.

The gym is old but has a good sauna, hot and cold dipping pools.

Free shuttle bus to Meguro station, access to the JR Yamanote Line.

2  Thank travelerintaiwan