All reviews aoyama itchome free bottled water rooms are small foreign passport miso soup walking distance single room metro station minute walk exploring tokyo breakfast buffet western options mini fridge hotel is located reception area stayed here for nights roppongi
Selected filters
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is great located. Nearby is 7/11 and bars and clubs are few minutes away. Rooms are small but very clean and comfortable. Breakfast is nice. Definitely I will come back on my next trip to Tokyo

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 2rku
Reviewed May 11, 2018

This hotel is an 8-minute walk from my son's apartment, so it was perfect for me. My room was tiny, but I spent very little time in it and it had everything I needed. There was a double bed and a desk and TV (which I did not turn on since I don't understand Japanese!), a hair dryer, and mini-fridge. My son showed me that I had to put my card into the slot to make all the lights work. They have a great toilet with all sorts of functions. The only bad thing was the terrible toilet paper which just shredded. Maybe you are supposed to clean and dry yourself with the toilet and not the paper? Shower was good....REALLY high step into the tub! There was one handle to turn on water to the shower and sink..just turn in a different direction.

The free breakfast spread was very complete, but mostly typical Japanese food. Westerners can have cereal or yogurt & granola and bread/toast. They have a nice salad bar if that's your breakfast thing, plus lots of fish, tofu, etc.

I paid about $80/night for the weeknights and when I wanted to extend for the weekend, it was about $20/night more.

They have free bottled water in the lobby, and WiFi works well.

I will definitely stay there on my next trip!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Ann R
Reviewed April 26, 2018

My first stay here was as a student in 1989. Great then, even greater now. You will find many Japanese families and maybe "budget" business travelers--not the "Lost in Translation" crowd. Truth is, even if my budget were astronomical, I would still stay at the Hotel Asia Center as it's located in a quiet (upscale) neighborhood --not a shopping/business district--has a fabulous breakfast buffet that will hold you until a late lunch and (relatively) spacious rooms. Avoid some of the newer properties using clever photography to make their rooms look large--they're not. Walk to Roppongi, Midtown (21 21 Design Space Museum) Meiji Shrine or hop on the "pink" Oedo subway line --totemo benri desu ne! Just read a ridiculous article in the NYT saying how Tokyo is expensive and unafforable around cherry blossom season--not here, and not anymore. No longer the most expensive city in the world, it's cheaper than Minneapolis if you stay like a local. And yes, the service is wonderful, right down to the friendly senior gentleman cleaning the room with whom I chatted with daily. We even received beautiful souvenir fans!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Shaila C
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

A very good hotel and nice staff,clean room and good beds and quiet.very good breakfast too.
Easy to catch a taxi or to take metro stations .Nice shopping and cozy small restaurants with georgious food.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 95annemarien
Reviewed March 24, 2018

We used this hotel as our launch point to explore the city. The rooms are tiny but clean, safe and functional. The hotel is a 5-10 minute walk from the metro with a large free breakfast spread. The staff was helpful and polite. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who is comfortable using the metro.

Date of stay: March 2018