Hotel Asia Center of Japan
$229
$119
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsaoyama itchomefree bottled waterrooms are smallsubway stationforeign passporthuge spreadwalking distancemiso soupginza linehelpful english speaking staffsingle roombudget hotelquiet neighborhoodtokyo midtownsafe areabreakfast buffetexcel hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We chose to stay in the Asia Center of Japan because of its location. It was in walking distance up & down a steep hill to Ricki Mansion where my grandmother lives. The hotel is very average, used for youth groups, business and vacationers. Japanese breakfast is included with your hotel stay, which many other hotels do not offer. I would advise caution when choosing your room. A single room is literally 1 single bed, a desk and bathroom. I had to put my suitcase underneath the desk, significantly small compared to American size hotels. My parents shared a single room for 9 days, and managed to make it home alive. Ha, Ha! However, if you have 2 people you definitely want the double room which is 1 double bed, not 2. Even though the hotel website says a single room sleeps 2 people, this is not accurate and not comfortable for 2 grown adults. This hotel is ideal if you plan daily activities, sight-seeing, tours etc and only need the hotel to sleep and eat breakfast. There is no swimming pool, lounge, bar or fancy restaurants, but in walking distance there are multiple restaurants, bistros, retail stores, bakeries etc. The hotel lobby has a general seating area where you can access Wi-Fi, but not in your room. You can't beat the excellent location between Akasaka & Ropongi train station in route to Harajuku, Ginza Plaza, Asakusa, Shibuya, Shinjuku etc. Hope this reviewed helped. Safe travels.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank melbcruisingrn
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Asia Center when I was traveling through Japan past September. The hotel was pretty average. There was nothing really bad about it - it is definitely an okay place to stay, but don't expect anything special.

The location was really convenient: in a quiet residential neighborhood, close to a subway station, walking distance to Roppongi commercial/entertainment district.

The room I got was pretty small, but I did not mind that. The furniture looked old, the carpet was stained and the walls were dirty. The wired internet worked well.

There was a free breakfast that was passable.

I probably would not stay there again if there are other options, even if they are more expensive.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

This was our first hotel in Japan, but we knew to expect small rooms and a smaller bed than we are used to in the UK.
Easy to find from the subway station, and a simple check in process as we were booked in already. Room was not as small as I had expected, perfectly adequate size for 2 of us with luggage, with a desk & chair, fridge, hairdryer and compact bathroom.
Robes and slippers provided as well.

We had breakfast included which is a buffet of western and Japanese foods, all freshly cooked and tasty with coffees and juices.

Only a couple of minutes from subway, 5 minutes walk to midtown and about 10 minutes to Rappongi.

Great choice, would stay again and definitely recommend for value and location.

1  Thank SimonJ68_UK
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Location is great: close to the ginza line. Quick to shibuya, shinjuku, roppongi etc. but very quiet room. Free breakfast included which was decent enough. Small room and bed but it says that in the description so no surprises. Staff were all very pleasant.

Only downside really was no wifi in the rooms which I would expect in any hotel nowadays, especially in a city like Tokyo.

Overall decent value and would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ch9sab
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here for 2 days, I would say it is good for a rating, convenient to the train station, there's restaurant at the lobby which is great, very accommodating staff and we slept comfortably, except we can still smell the smoke of cigarette when you go outside the room.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple