“Far exceeded our expectations- we LOVED this hotel!”

Hilton Tokyo Odaiba
Ranked #14 of 112 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed June 8, 2010

This hotel was amazing! We had a lovely ocean view king room, which was very modern and elegant, as well as quite spacious by Tokyo standards. We stayed for 9 nights, and booked our room directly through the hotel's website. Booking far in advance and/or staying for 7 nights or more gets you a fantastic deal. The hotel facilities and lobbies are stunning. We opted for the room rate that includes breakfast and use of the spa, and we were extremely glad that we did. Going to the spa is not just going for a swim in the pool, it was an extremely relaxing and rejuvenating experience. We did not mind at all that the hotel is not right in Tokyo itself, the short train ride (15 minutes) out to the hotel was enjoyable. The service was always extremely good, helpful, and gracious, and the staff was always able to communicate with us in English. We miss Hotel Nikko already!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Tokyo Odaiba

Reviewed May 18, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. When we first checked in, we were given a room with twin beds, even though we specifically requested a double. To the hotel's merit, they did fix this for us but they took about 3 hours to do so, when they told us they would only take 1 hour. But they let us relax in the twin bed room until the double bed room was made up.

The restaurants in the hotel are all very pricey but we had a buffet dinner at the Mediterranean restaurant and it was fantastic - worth the money. We also ordered room service on one night and it was beautifully presented, delicious, and speedily delivered. Again, a bit pricey, but you could order different foods from many of their in-house restaurants.

The room we stayed in was roomy and very comfortable and we had a beautiful view of the Rainbow Bridge and the harbour. It was very luxurious.

Internet access was very expensive - approx 2400 yen / day if I recall correctly. Other, much cheaper hotels in Tokyo offer it for free!

When we checked out, there was a minibar charge on our bill which was a mistake, but they removed this without further question when we contested it.

The location isn't exactly central if you're wanting to do some sightseeing - it's on Odaiba which is a man-made island and you'll have to take a train to the nearest major station and change in order to see most popular tourist sights. But the Tokyo rail system is so good that it doesn't matter too much.

Overall it was a very comfortable stay and a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Whilst being stranded in Tokyo due to the volcanic ash cloud, we wanted to go to a resort type hotel to relax and we found this absolute gem in Odaiba. We stayed for 2 nights @ £100 per night (50% off because it was a weekday I think) which was a bargain!

We booked a standard room and it was massive and very luxurious with a beautiful view of the Rainbow bridge and Tokyo skyline. The spa was excellent and well worth the £20 fee per person. Odaiba itself is a nice little area in Tokyo with a beach and less people if you want a break from the crowds.

I don't usually write reviews of hotels but I felt obliged to as it was an excellent hotel and was a perfect place to stay if you're stranded in Tokyo. Also we left a scarf in our room, and the hotel managed to find it and said they will post back to us back in London. Definitely worth it!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Spent 5 nights here beg of April. Had always hoped to go to Japan during Cherry Blossom time and fortunately timed it just right. Biggest challenge in planning trip to Tokyo was finding a hotel that would take family of 4 in room (husband, wife, 2 girls ages 13 and 9). Location is important to me and even though it cost a bit more to take the monorail into Tokyo everyday, it was worth it. Daiba is a great area to be with kids with nice walkways along the water, and having the mall next door with many eating options was great. We are a very middle class "Holiday Inn" type family, so this was more luxurious than we are used to. We booked a triple room, which did have 3 beds but not much bigger than a single in Canada. I didn't think we could really afford to eat at the hotel but we got a great discount booking online, with breakfast included. I paid an extra 20.00 per night (per room) and the price at the hotel was over 30.00 per adult and 15.00 per child so it was well worth it. We were issued 3 breakfast vouchers per day, and I had assumed that my youngest daughter was free. The first day, nothing was said, but the second day, we were told we had to pay for her. I explained that she was included in the reservation and that we had not had to pay for her the first day and they said, fine, don't worry about it. The third day, nothing was said but a card was left on our table telling us to see the cashier on the way out. I asked one of the waiters about it, explaining that we had already handed in our vouchers and my daughter was included. He took the card away, and said don't worry about it. The fourth day, nobody said anything about her. So, it seemed like the staff didn't really want to have to deal with it and just ignored it when it was brought up. One of the best things about the internet is being able to read reviews from other people who have been there. So, we knew ahead of time that the kids couldn't use the pool and my husband and I wouldn't pay extra for it so we never even saw it. We also knew that the cost of a rollaway was outrageous, so we packed a sleeping bag and asked for an extra pillow and blankets upon arrival. My youngest daughter thought it was kind of cool to sleep on the floor and the room was extremely clean. One note about the TV - yes, all the channels are in Japanese and CNN is dubbed but if you press the "bilingual" button on the remote control, it mutes the dubbing and you can listen to the original broadcast in English. Tokyo is not a very attractive city, but the view from our balcony was spectacular. We were glad to have a balcony and sliding door as the room always seemed hot, no matter how we adjusted the thermostat so we slept with the sliding door open a crack every night. Overall, it was a beautiful hotel in a great location and I'm glad we stayed there.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Looette
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Stayed in a regular Queen room, was expecting something small and very basic....what a suprise to get a huge, modern room, with the most amazing hotel bathroom I've ever seen. Housekeeping does an amazing job (I do not believe for one second that the below poster did indeed experience stained carpet - it just wouldn't have happened).

Staff - fantastic
Spa - fantastic
Dining - fantastic

Beautiful buzzing lobby with amazing view. Fantastic location (especially for anyone considering staying with kids, not as hectic and bustling as the main streets of Tokyo).

Have travelled the world, nothing beats this experience. Will be returning in 18 months time for our wedding!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I stayed 9 nights at the Hotel Nikko Tokyo and was disappointed with the room condition, service and overall attitude of the hotel. A 9 night stay at a 4.5 star hotel is a long stay by any standards, and is usually treated with some graciousness like a welcome message from the hotel manager or a nice gesture of hospitality. Instead the Ocean View room overlooked a gravel rooftop. Yes, there was a view of the water from the corner of the room, but the room location was way less than ideal. Many of the Ocean View rooms have beautiful balconies overlooking the entire bay area but our room overlooked a hotel wall and the unattractive rooftop for much of the glass area. The rate, based on a 7+ night stay, was to include breakfast as well as internet and spa admission. Only the breakfast included in the rate covered the two adults and not my 2 young children ages 9 & 11. We were not informed of this until presented with a bill at breakfast. It was not stated in the rate explanation when booking the hotel. I have stayed at Nikko properties before, and chose this hotel specifically because I enjoyed excellent service in the past including the breakfast option. When traveling as a family this is a nice feature and a good way to start a day of sightseeing. Breakfast included the entire family -- 3 children plus two adults. It was not limited to 2 adults per room. I think if a rate includes breakfast, then it includes breakfast. If the rate does not specifically state that it is limited to two adults, then there should be no question. And frankly, I find it offensive to just cover some guests. When I asked for assistance from the hotel for accomodation on the breakfast for the children, I was told to pay for them. I explained that if the rate included breakfast than it is a reasonable conclusion to expect that all of the guests would be covered. That was met with silence. No one followed through on the matter over the course of 6 days. The breakfast coupons are dated so they can not be combined to have a family meal on some days and other days make different arrangements. As the breakfast option in the rate was a big plus in booking this hotel, I found the lack of accommodation or compromise unsettling. There was also a 7000 JPY charge per night for an extra bed for one child. That added $702 to the room charge. I find that to be an outrageous sum of money for a rollaway. The room carpeting was badly stained as was the hallway carpeting. I am not referring to small stain in a corner, but a 2.5 foot long spray of stained carpeting in the main area of the room. Yes, the room was clean, and yes I was greeted as I walked through the lobby as I would expect to be. But frankly, I am greeted the same way at the Hampton Inn and Marriott Courtyard so I do not find this to be exceptional service. I am perplexed as to the reviews on this site regarding the Hotel Nikko Tokyo. I found the service substandard and the overall attitude towards customer satisfaction lacking. I have traveled extensively and do not expect fawning or freebies but I do expect a level of graciousness from a 4.5 star hotel that is supposedly known for outstanding service. And I find it incomprehensible to place a guest for a 9 night stay in a room with what has got to be the worst view on the property. I would expect a room in good condition with a gracious view and a welcome from the general manager thanking me for my choice of hotels. I will not stay in a Nikko hotel again. There are far too many competitors in this city and elsewhere. I found the location for our purposes to be excellent as I was attending something nearby, but other than that there are far nicer experiences to be had. And most importantly, as a guest if I have a legitimate request such as breakfast included for all of the paying guests, then I expect satisfaction on this matter. Perhaps a compromise, but at the very least some action. The hotel finally provided two extra coupons for the last two days but only after I made a third request. The mall next door does not open until 11 a.m. so breakfast choices are quite limited in the vicinity. You can take the Yurikamome line to Shibashi or Shindome and find food, but that is not quick or convenient. One last note, babysitting services are extremely expensive, at approximately $45 US an hour. The sitters were lovely mature women that were warm and extremely kind to the children. I found them to be attentive and exceedingly polite. However the rate is higher than I have ever experienced at any hotel including many 5 star properties. I loved Tokyo, but my suggestion is to stay at a different hotel.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank gumasx
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I echo everyone's positive reviews regarding the cleanliness of the rooms, the professionalism of the staff, and gorgeous views. IMHO the Aqua Zone is well worth the fee charged and my favorite part of the hotel - Rainbow Bridge views from the outdoor bubbling/soaking pool, the terrific stone walkway IN the pool if you want to walk rather than swim your laps, the indoor massaging soaking pool (strong jets and you can sit or stand), the fireplace, the dry and steam saunas, and the locker and shower facilities. I thought about it all day as we toured the city and couldn’t wait to return to soak. I am not used to paying a fee for using a hotel pool but this one was well worth the fee – give it a try.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Grand Nikko Tokyo Daiba
Conrad Tokyo
Conrad Tokyo
#1 of 112 in Minato
Royal Park Hotel The Shiodome, Tokyo

Been to Hilton Tokyo Odaiba? Share your experiences!