Hilton Tokyo Odaiba
  • Breakfast included
Ryokan
Ryokan Shizumasa(Shinagawa)
3,358 results
All reviewsrainbow bridgeaqua cityoutdoor jacuzzistatue of libertydaiba stationocean viewvenus fortfuji tvyurikamome trainthe executive loungeshopping mallsmall balconynight viewdiamond memberbeautiful hotelfive star hotelrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a big hotel and staying in it recently had many of the frustrations I recognise from working in a big company - but paying for the privilege. Staff are charming and very busy (like a big company) but attitudes were bureaucratic. I arrived 'early' and was refused access to my room, which is fair enough except why is EVERYONE told 3pm access when rooms must be becoming available throughout the day as cleaners move from one to another? Presumably just for administrative convenience. My room had two minor problems and after inconveniencing myself by asking for them to be fixed (a painful experience since the English of the staff is very poor so explaining anything is lengthy and frustrating), neither was fixed - in one case, after 24hr. So I had more inconvenience in trying to explain to the non-English-speaking staff a second time. Another example of staff non-fluency: I asked Reception how frequently trains left for a particular destination (the JR website is poor) and was told it was once an hour. I almost accepted that, but on remembering that the journey length was also an hour, I challenged it and was told No it was once every 10 minutes. On one morning, there were 15-20 min waits to be admitted to breakfast at 0730, 0800 and 0830 (longer queues each time) - at which point I gave up and went to a local coffee shop since I needed to leave for a meeting. On another morning, with business arrangements necessitating catching at train at 0730, I arrived at breakfast at 0645 - only to find that breakfast did not open until 0700. What sort of business hotel in one of the world's great business cities behaves like this? It was more like Blackpool, or a purely package holiday hotel - not credible as a business hotel.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here (you'd be bettter off at the Grand Pacific, 50m away), get a room facing the Rainbow Bridge.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2013

For me, what differentiates Nikko from other hotels of its class is its exceptional service. Although everyone in Japan is super helpful, courteous and efficient; it did feel that the level of service here is a notch above the rest.

Prior to my stay I wrote in to the hotel regarding the free Disney shuttle. They replied quickly and advised me to select my preferred times as it was a very busy period. So I did and reservations were sorted even before my arrival. Definitely recommend that you reserve the times you want at least upon check-in (esp during peak travel periods).

Check in was quick and efficient and was very happy with the rooms. Spacious by Tokyo standards even for triple sharing. Ocean view highly recommended esp when the Rainbow bridge lights up at night. No complaints in terms of cleanliness, quality of toiletries etc. If I want to be picky, the furnishing & furniture are slightly old fashion (in comparison to some newer hotels) but everything was well maintained.

Location - this is another good reason to stay here. Located on Odaiba, this man-made island may not seem as central to some but it is less hectic, more spacious and very suitable for families. Surrounded by malls, there are plenty of eateries and things to do. There is a man made beach nearby and a nice little seaside park next to the hotel. Definitely recommend you take the water bus/cruise to Asakusa. The pier is just 5 mins walk from Nikko near Aqua City Odaiba mall. You can easily get into the centre of the city using the Yurikamone monorail line in 15mins. The Daiba monorail station is right at Nikko's doorstep and the monorail takes you into Shimabashi station where you can transfer to the Ginza line etc.

Another convenience is the airport shuttle buses that come straight into Nikko from Haneda or Narita. If you don't have a return ticket, buy one from the reception. The free Tokyo Bay shuttle also stops at Nikko. Check with reception for schedule.

Check-out can be done very quickly too if you do a pre-check out anytime earlier with reception. Just drop off your key card with the concierge at check out time. Nikko helped us keep our luggage till our it was time for our shuttle and bell service was extended right until we boarded the bus.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the Ocean View Rooms if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mae1409
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed at Nikko October 2014 (last week) - It's been a few years since we stayed at the wonderful Hotel Nikko on Tokyo Bay and I was a little worried that it wouldn't live up to the image I had created in my mind based on past experiences.

How wrong I was! Everything about Hotel Nikko just oozes class, efficiency, style & service. Due to the need to get to Tokyo a day earlier we stayed one night at the Grand Pacific Le Daiba, which is just a stone's throw & a short walk to the other side of the subway station, and while the Grand Pacific is a very good hotel - in fact an excellent hotel - offering great views of the bay, the Nikko simply does everything that much better.

Loved everything about our 6 nights at the Nikko bar for one thing, and that's the banging of doors from 8.00am by the cleaners. Probably no big deal for most guests who are up and about by then, but for us with our late nights of meetings and socialising, it was best avoided. Surely easy to fix with some sort of rubber gadget that fits over the door stopper?

I will return to Nikko but next time I would prefer to spend time first smack bang in the center of Tokyo where I can walk about and explore ally ways, izakaya's and get to the hotel room without the need for a long subway ride. Having said that, the shopping & the eateries near to Nikko (and Grand Pacific) are top shelf.

Room Tip: My tip is to work out just how important the view is to you when booking. Personally I couldn't give a toss about views as there's no ugly one's at the Nikko. The little lady however rates it highly & paid serious extra $$$'s for the view of the Rainbow Bridge and Bay. I'd prefer to save the dollars with a cheaper room and spend that dough in one of the many restaurants & cafes that Nikko has, and they all come with great views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is truly a luxury hotel with all of the amenities and service one would desire and expect.
Our check in was quick and flawless (we got upgraded to a water view). The room is very large by most standards in Tokyo with a glass shower/tub wall facing the room. Complete coffee and tea service, wet bar and snacks in room.
Highly recommended

Room Tip: ask for room facing water
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jared F
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Visiting Tokyo, when I travel with my wife and baby, I always stay this hotel except the day before holiday, because
- The hospitality is almost as same as of first class hotels in the world. For example, if you bring a baby with you and let the hotel know by e-mail in advance, the hotel will arrange bed-guards, baby cot, or a double bed, and give you many towels for babies.
- The cost is not higher than other first class hotels (except for the day before holidays. On the day before holidays, the cost of staying is as twice as other days)
- The location is so convenient for shopping, eating and moving from and to airports of Tokyo (both Haneda and Narita)
- The location "Odaiba" is one of popular places to visit for travelers.
- There is a train station within two minutes walk.

Room Tip: Rainbow bridge view room (but a little bit expensive)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family