“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Park Hotel Tokyo

Park Hotel Tokyo
Ranked #6 of 118 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here on business for a week and it was great. The rooms are a good size and it has easy access to public transport. Getting from the airport was a simple bus right to the door and checkout made sure you got the bus in time for your flight.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Daryl G
Write a ReviewReviews (3,266)

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My hubby and I stayed here for a couple nights during our honeymoon in Japan. It was a great location for going to Tsukiji Market, and some nearby department stores. It was fairly close to a Metro station which helped with going around Tokyo, however, since we didn't stay here for very long, I can't say much in terms of getting around to a lot of the different central hubs. It was a great location for us at the start of our trip however, since we were still jetlagged and woke up early, so we were able to eat sushi at Tsukiji Market when it opened and not have to wait in a ridiculously long line.

The hotel itself is extremely thoughtful in service and design. The staff was extremely polite and helpful. When my parents called the hotel just as we were arriving, they told us and held the call, before transferring to our room until they had made sure we had gotten into our rooms. The hotel staff had no problem shipping our luggage to Kyoto when we asked them to, and we received our luggage in Kyoto on time with no complications. We received our phone sim card rental from them with no trouble for using their mailing system. The rooms themselves were fairly spacious for a Tokyo hotel room, with a nice window seat for city viewing. The bed thankfully was a King bed, not two split up twin size beds separated by a bed frame, the latter of which was common outside of Tokyo. The mirrors were completely heated so when you step out of the shower you can see yourself and get ready, as opposed to having steam filled mirrors. The toilet had a dizzying number of options which were fun to try out. All in all, the hotel made for a pleasant and convenient stay for the first leg of our trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Reasonably priced hotel for Tokyo! It's not located in the center of things, but the subway is in the basement, so its easy to go anywhere. Also there's a little convenience store on the ground level. The hotel is located on the 26th floor of a building so you're away from the bustle of the street. Extremely quiet.....I'm missing it just writing about it :-)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank J C
Reviewed August 19, 2013

You moved from one hotel in Tokyo to this hotel as the service we were experiencing at the other hotel in Tokyo was not great. We found this hotel to have excellent size rooms, lots of place to hang cloths and well spaced room. Not as modern a decor as some but functional. Service was excellent, people helping you with bags was also a good surprise after our other hotel in Tokyo. I noted it was very quite even though busy a good sign of good design. Close to trains to every part of Japan, as well as shopping. Food is a given as well as very well positioned for business. Breakfast good though not the best we have had in Tokyo.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mwant999
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here for a three-day stopover in Tokyo. The hotel is very convenient to Shimbashi station, and you can also get from Narita on the limo bus (though we used the Narita Express train). We had a triple room for two adults and two kids--decent set up that has a sofa bed that was already made up on arrival. Room size was good--no need to squeeze--and it was so wonderfully quiet! The views from the room were amazing--Tokyo Sky Tree in the distance and the Shiodome area with its raised pedestrian walkways down below. The hotel is also convenient to food options at the nearby Carretta mall, which has several floors of restaurants, as well as the basement-level pedestrian walkway eateries. Breakfast at the hotel is very nice, with good, crusty breads, hot Western and Japanese options. The whole place has a subdued hush to it, interesting art exhibits, those awesome silent, speedy elevators. Staff was very helpful with questions throughout, as well as helping out when our return flight was cancelled. They wanted to charge for use of the fitness area, but my husband objected and they let him use it without charge--it is a room with a couple of machines in it. Really, if you are running around Tokyo all day, you may not need the fitness center. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Simone T
Reviewed August 17, 2013

One reason I chose this hotel - aside from the TA reviews and the value for the luxury feel - was the location. I assume, based on my reading and planning, that I would be in a location with reasonable restaurants and walking distance from things. I was walking distance from the expansive underground system - and it's a big underground. Basically, by the time I was done sightseeing, and wanting to go out - I'm into alternative clubbing and Tokyo is great for that - I was too worn out and urm, lazy, to want to get on the subway, or get a cab, all the way to the other side of town for clubs and bars.

So, each night I either ate at the hotel or, at a nearby hotel. For that very reason, I would stay else where next time I am in Tokyo. Now, if you are working in the Shiodome region, or you're a family or you are prone to turning in early, then it's a great place for your stay.

Beautiful interior, helpful staff, many speak good English (I was greeted by a European at reception, in fact). The contemporary art throughout the property is awesome, and the hotel view gives you that "Lost in Translation" feel without the price of staying at the Hyatt.

The bar is cool, but, if you're desiring that view with a drink, visit the Conrad next door. The hotel has a bar that has a view, but, it's staring directly at an office building more than anything else, so check out the Conrad. I ate in the Japanese restaurant the hotel - very contemporary and very formal, but, it was delicious and a great chance to experience contemporary classic Japanese. The courtyard restaurant had OK service but the food left much for me to be desiring.

So, the hotel is beautiful, staff is attentive, view is nice, but, the location wasn't compatible with what I was looking for. Overall, a great visit, and my biggest concern is something the hotel can't change!

Room Tip: Upgrade for the extra $12 USD or so a night for the beautiful view. Almost every night I came home t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had been coming to Tokyo/Shiodome nearly every month for over a year for work, and unhesitatingly came back here. It is a "lesser known" hotel in the area (most taxi drivers mix it up with Royal Park next door), but having stayed at both I fell in love with this one. It is very stylish, clear, and hopefully without sounding overused metaphor... a "zen" refuge....

Little hints: join the hotel membership... you can get automatic benefits (small bottle of champagne, free breakfast, etc.) depending on the number of nights you are staying.

The location is great, with plenty of food in the Shiodome area as well as the local restaurants, shopping, nightlife, etc in Ginza or Shinbashi. Fish market, water taxi to Asakusa, and a nice jog along the river (behind the fish market) is all nearby. It is also very well connected with the Tokyo JR and Metro (get a Suica pass at any convenience store to avoid constantly shelling out change for tickets...). The 7-Eleven in the Shiodome shopping area has a Cash Machine that is "friendly" to foreign credit cards (Citibank in Ginza is the only other). And you can catch the evening (6pm) live broadcast of a local Japanese tv show for little kids next to the "other" hotel's main entrance.

Alas, the work is finished, but should I ever come back.... you can find me here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on Tokyo Tower (which also goes to Mt Fuji if it is clear...).
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank gwasshoppah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Royal Park Hotel The Shiodome, Tokyo
#9 of 79 in Chiyoda
Conrad Tokyo
Conrad Tokyo
#1 of 118 in Minato

Been to Park Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!