Park Hotel Tokyo
  • Breakfast included
Conrad Tokyo(Minato)
  • Pool
3,359 results
All reviewsshiodome media towershimbashi stationartist roomfish marketmt fujiqueen roomhotel startswalking distanceshiodome areaminute walktower viewfrench restaurantabove groundfamily marttsukiji markethigh risebusiness district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2013

A well appointed hotel with excellent amenities and service. Rooms are adequately spacious and come with great views.

Language barrier can be an issue at times. I didn't have a room service menu in the room so I called for one. A staff showed up promptly and attempted to barge into the room despite my protest that he shouldn't since my girlfriend was in bed. He then handed me an old torn up menu and insist that I return it! I asked him to leave since I was annoyed by the episode. I called to speak With the duty manager, who wasn't at his desk. I never got a call back either. Within 10 minutes however, a new menu was slipped under the door.

The bar is excellent although expensive.

Didn't eat at the hotel since the surrounding options are phenomenal.

The lobby in the evenings are a bit silly with 2 projectors steaming some cheaply put together animations on a wall. Should stick to artwork like the rest of the hotel.

I am well travelled and work in the hotel business so I am very fussy.

Final verdict. Will I stay here again?YES I will, most definitely.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alwayssuperstylin
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The room was quite small as expected but by no means the smallest room that I have ever had. This was balanced by the amazing views from the 32nd floor. Simply stunning, especially by night. The room was always made up well and completely clean. The bed was comfortable and the shower was powerful.

The staff were helpful, polite and always there to assist; typical of Japanese hotel staff.

The location is good as it offers nearby transportation (at the Shiodome station or a five minute walk from Shinbashi station) and also a short (twenty minute) walk into the heart of the Ginza area, at the same time as being quiet. The area is quiet at night due to being more of a business area. It was very safe and well lit, no issues with coming or going. It is worth noting that the ‘airport limousine’ service from Narita airport stops at the hotel. This was around 3,500 yen per person and worked out to be a better option than catching the train. I would recommend this hotel as an alternative to a Shibuya / Shinjuku location which we preferred. These areas were easily accessible by the transport available.

I did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment although it is worth nothing that due the hotel’s location, there are no food options in the immediate vicinity. This may or may not be an issue depending on the guest’s preference. The hotel had a pleasant large lobby which offered somewhere to relax, have a drink or check e-mail.

The hotel has complimentary wifi throughout. There was no swimming pool but a very small gym which was only big enough for one person. I feel that a four star rating is a good representation of this class of hotel. Clean, practical and modern. It ticked all the boxes at this price pioint.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Progressive1978
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The lobby is located at the 25th floor of one of the skyscrapers as part of the Shiodome / Shinbashi area. The rooms are located between the 26th and 33rd floor and offer a beautiful view over Tokyo!

We had a Corner Room, which are bigger and therefore, more comfortable as the regular rooms. Room has been clean and offered enough space to stay there for a week.

The front desk staff is usually keen to help you, but it did not work perfectly at our arrival (the room was not ready even it was after the start of the check-in time 2pm - they at least offered a free drink at the lobby...). The restaurants are rather expensive - but quality of food is good...

We would again stay at the Park Hotel when we return to Tokyo next time :-)

Room Tip: Corner Room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Thanks to an upgrade we had a view of the Tokyo Tower and Mt. Fuji on a good day (absolutely stunning). The room was small but comfortable. The breakfast area is disappointing. Most seats are too low and the alternative room with windows was too drafty (A/C). Skip the breakfast as it is too expensive for what you get (even though we got vouchers). There are enough coffe shops (Starbucks, Excelsior etc.) nearby.
The location is great, walking distance to Ginza district and trains. There is a family shop open 24 hours for odd things at the bottom floor linking to the underground. The coffee bar open from 9 am on the third floor is good for a snack. We would choose the hotel again. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Try to get a room towards Tokyo Tower (on reception side).
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Park Hotel Tokyo while traveling on business to Tokyo. We were amazed at the view and the solicitous staff.

Park Hotel is in the Shiodome Media Tower, on the 25th floor. You may have a hard time finding it if you are an American accustomed to American hotels. From Shimbashi Station take the Shiodome exit (there are signs reading "To Shiodome") and follow signs. You will be able to take a cab from the station but the roads are kind of roundabout and you'll end up paying around 1000 Yen (ten dollars) to get a quarter mile. We had a lot of bags so we opted for this, but if you are traveling light it is an easy walk. Inside the Shiodome Media Tower, take an elevator to the 25th Floor and you'll walk out into the Park Hotel's lobby.

Almost all of the staff, including the trainees (they wear trainee nametags), speak excellent English. Several are native speakers for whom Japanese is a second language. We arrived at nine in the evening and were welcomed by four staff members at the desk. They delivered our luggage to our room, which was a very nice room with a gorgeous view of Tokyo (see pictures).

This is truly a world class hotel, and you will be treated accordingly. Every question we had for the staff as to area attractions was answered immediately, thoroughly, and with a map to go along with it. They can tell you where to eat, what to do, what time shops close, anything you need during your stay.

The breakfast buffet is well stocked and tasty, though at around 4000 Yen (forty dollars) per person you definitely feel that you're in a hotel for the well-off. Be sure to ask at the desk for any discounts, we were able to save ten dollars per person with "discount coupons." Of course everything can be charged to the room. We only had breakfast at the hotel once, but it was a delicious (if expensive) one. Room service is likewise very expensive and we only did this once as well. I had a bit of an America Attack and wanted a pizza, which at 23 dollars for a cheese pizza the size of a dinner plate I regretted. It was good, but not worth the price. There is a well stocked mini bar in the fridge, with a number of drinks available, though we did not partake of the supplies very often. A vending machine will sell you the same beer for the same price, so the mini bar is not over priced, just superfluous to our needs. You're better off going to a local grocery store and stocking the fridge yourself.

TV service is Japanese of course, which was quite entertaining for our being unable to understand it. We caught one game show where contestants make ugly faces for money, and a panel of six judges discussed at length which was the uglier. Japanese TV is inexplicable to American audiences, and not just because of the language barrier. Another game show where a man hides inside of things and jumps out at people was on, but we only caught the end of it. You likely won't be doing much with the TV anyway: get out in Tokyo!

The room itself was very nice. The rooms are Western style, so don't expect futons and tatami mats. We had a very comfortable double bed with pajamas provided. One entire wall of the room was a picture window overlooking Tokyo Tower. The room was so nice that we literally called the front desk to make sure we had done the math right on how much the room cost. We called them twice, actually.

They will do laundry for you at exorbitant prices, or you can use the laundry machine on site for substantially less. About ten dollars will wash and dry a full load. The machines are all in one: they wash, dry, and add detergent, so you won't need to provide anything but 100 Yen coins.

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Park Hotel. We were sad (but ready) to go home at the end of our stay. They provide a shuttle service to the airport with numerous departure times, which at 3000 Yen (thirty dollars) was less than the cost of taking trains and far more comfortable. I don't know that we'll be back in Japan, but if we go back we would definitely stay at the Park Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business