1,681 results
All reviewssouth wingmain buildingorchid barmid centuryembassy areaclassic hoteljames bondjapanese servicehealth clubhibiya lineimpeccable servicerooms are spaciousbusiness centerjapanese stylequiet areahotel guestsan excellent hotel
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Somehow we thought this place was a boutique hotel that was really close to the heart of Roppongi. Okay, so we got that wrong. The place is vast, so vast, it probably needs it's own postcode. We stayed in the South Wing, which is a significant way from the main building, so after arriving at the main entrance, there was a fair walk from there to our room. Nothing to complain about the room. Spacious, with a large bed and clean bathroom and plenty of amenities, though we did find it impossible to turn the air conditioning down to any form of cooling (even though it was winter, we preferred a cool room). The walls between the rooms are pretty thin, so we were able to hear some of the activities of other guests in adjoining rooms... We ate at one of the restaurants, Yamazato, one night, and have written a review separately, as we were not impressed. Breakfast wasn't included, so we did room service one morning, then the buffet in Camellia for the remainder. Both a decent spread, but of course, not cheap. The hotel was much further away from the Roppongi area than we expected, and there really wasn't much in the way of interesting cafés or restaurants nearby that we could find, so if we return, we'll be looking to stay somewhere smaller and closer to local amenities.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kateandross
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my time here. I had previously stayed in a more modern hotel in Tokyo, so the change was refreshing. The location of the hotel was good for getting to the official Japanese government areas and to visit Roppungi afterwards. The house bar was expensive, but very well stocked and quite nice. My drinks were strong but very tasty. I had a traditional working breakfast in one of the on site restaurants, I was glad I ordered the rice instead of the porridge, but quite happy overall with the entree I had. My room was nice, it overlooked the garden and was large (by Tokyo standards). Service was good, and although the bellmans English was not particularly good, we were well taken care of. I would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This hotel is fantastic. As per the usual exceptional Japanese service this hotel still stands above all the the big chains and brands around Tokyo when it comes to service (This has to be the benchmark for anyone aspiring to understand 5 star service). This hotel has a charm which is exceptional and unique. The decor remains as per its staring role in a past Bond movie (1967) do not be put off the decor as it is dated but immaculate giving the rooms a retro charm. Great place to base yourself to explore or do business in Tokyo

Treat yourself to a special malt and cigar in the Highlander bar: remember you can smoke in Tokyo bars.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The hotel is centrally located...has a huge lobby (dated but maintained)...staff was courteous...the hotel had just one person at the conceirge duty at any time..so had to wait a lot for my turn...the rooms were cosy and clean...the breakfast a little small but was lively..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rachit840
Reviewed December 17, 2013

It's a very nice hotel with great service. The staff are exceptionally polite. The only downside is that it's fairly expensive. It you want something nice, want to relax, and have plenty of money, it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business