Hotel Okura Tokyo
$395
$101
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

$165
$142
Hilton
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

$247
$130
$101
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

$258
$180
JAPANiCAN.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

$267
$151
Conrad Tokyo(Minato)
$434
$344
Conrad
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $402/night.

Grand Hyatt Tokyo(Minato)
$365
$319
1,646 results
All reviewssouth wingmain buildingorchid barmad menmid centuryclassic hoteljames bondjapanese servicehibiya linehealth clubimpeccable servicebusiness centerjapanese stylerooms are spaciousquiet areahotel guestsan excellent hotel
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have been traveling to Japan at least once a year for many, many years. I always stay at the Okura. The Okura may appear somewhat old and old fashioned, but it embodies all the Japanese virtues of hospitality: quiet location, generous and well appointed rooms, a warm and welcoming atmosphere, a great sense of beauty (flower arrangements!) and service that in personal attentiveness and friendliness has no equal anywhere in the world. The Okura also has some top notch restaurants. Among the breakfast places, I recommend the Orchid Room for the power breakfast, the Camellia Room for the breakfast buffet and for a great Japanese breakfast, the Yamazato. If you feel you need some relaxation, do not miss the Nature Court Spa, you will emerge restored.

Room Tip: I have not rated any another hotel "Excellent" in all categories.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We recently spent a few days in Tokyo and stayed at this hotel. What an incredible place. It's decor and design is from mid 1900's and kept untouched which adds a great deal of character to the hotel.

The atmosphere is pretty elegant and you see a majority of clearly wealthy Japanese folks. I mean that because they were driving exotic and expensive cars.

Location is great because it's close to Roppongi and you can get to either of 3 subway stations in less than 3 minutes.

Very elegant restaurants and nice Japanese garden. The hotel original owners also created a museum to which tickets are complimentary to hotel patrons.

The only thing I believe it could be improved is that some of the carpets have stains and should be replaced.

My favorite place is the main building lobby.

Room Tip: Junior suites have a separate TV room and office.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sergio M
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice, traditional, Japanese hotel. It is in a very quiet neighborhood, but within walking distance to Rappongi. Just ask a porter and they can give you a map.

The rooms are spacious. The one I had did not have a view.

Room service was efficient and the food quite good.

I will stay here again on my next trip to Tokyo.

Note: check to see if you are in the main or south wing before you check in. Otherwise you may have a substantial walk with your bags.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel is quite dreadful. For anyone used to staying in nice hotels, this one is stands out as unattended, old and just plain out of touch. The lobby is 70s era (and I don't mean in a nice, retro way). My hotel room was small, which I can deal with, (I had stayed in the lovely St. Regis in Osaka the night before), but also old and dirty. The carpet was full of stains, the bathroom reminiscent of something the bathroom at my San Francisco rental property when I was 22 years old (only worse). I overlooked a parking lot and actually had to go down from the main lobby to my room. To add insult to injury, when I checked out for the 2:20 pm bus to Narita, they said it was full and essentially offered me a $450 ride or told me I was out of luck. That this hotel is supposedly part of the Leading Hotels of the World chain is laughable. And they are my next email. Do yourself a favor, please stay in the Intercon or Ritz nearby.

Room Tip: Choose a good room, stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Philfurst
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed at the Okura during a recent visit to Tokyo. The Okura is a older property but in great condition and the service is friendly and attentive, what you would expect in Japan. Having lived close to the Okura I was very familar with the area and another reason for selecting. It is much quieter, but still close to subway stations and shopping areas.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo