1,681 results
All reviewssouth wingmain buildingorchid barmid centuryembassy areaclassic hoteljames bondjapanese servicehealth clubhibiya lineimpeccable servicerooms are spaciousbusiness centerjapanese stylequiet areahotel guestsan excellent hotel
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The staff are very attentive and the rooms well appointed.The decor is dated but i got a sense of the history of the place as a result and it is unique at least. I got a 50% discount on the room as I reserved with a 3rd party but they still upgraded me much to my surprise on checking in. Lovely bed and very relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed her for business and thought the location was quite good, in a quiet area and near starbucks which is quite a perk for the business traveller. I will say the decor of the hotel is dated, had a very 70s feel so not for those looking for a more modern vibe. Regardless, the rooms were clean and the staff extremely helpful.

Nice breakfast spread, included in my rate, overlooking a peaceful garden where you can have afternoon tea. Rooms were large and had many toiletry amenties, which I like, and the daily oragami left on my bed was a nice touch. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed here at the beginning and the end of our trip to Japan. The service is absolutely topnotch. The concierge is particularly helpful. The lobby is really cool with the authentic 1960s design. The room was a bit small, but nice. Unfortunately the air conditioning did not work properly in any of the three rooms we were given. On arrival, we were given a room in the main building where the temperature was set to approximately 80 degrees Fahrenheit. We turned it down but it never got any cooler, and in fact seemed to be getting warmer. We asked for someone to repair it, but they instead opened the windows. This cooled down the room, but of course let in the light and the construction noise from across the street. The next day they managed to fix the air conditioning - at least a little bit. It was still not very cool, but it was at least bearable. When we returned to the Okura at the end of our trip, we were assigned a room in the south building. Again the air conditioning was broken and I did not sleep that night. Again they sent someone to open the windows and we then had to deal with the light and construction noise instead of heat. The next morning, I went to the front desk and explained the problem and asked for it to be repaired while we were out. We came back before dinner and nothing had been done. I went back down to the front desk and again explained the problem. Finally the guy told me that they have a lot of problems with air conditioning especially in the south wing. He then upgraded us to a better room - a suite - in the main wing. It was nice to be upgraded, and the air conditioning was indeed better in this room, but it still did not work very well in the bedroom and not at all in the sitting room. Luckily we were able to close the doors in the bedroom to keep the cool air in and we were able to sleep. I mentioned this problem to our friends who had also recently stayed twice at the hotel and they had the same air conditioning problems both times as well. It is a really cool hotel with great service, but I would not stay there again unless I knew that they had installed a new AC system. A vacation is supposed to be relaxing, and instead I hardly slept while we were at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank poogleypie
Reviewed May 3, 2012

A quiet neighborhood, outstanding service, beautiful surroundings, across the street from the US Embassy, Starbucks around the corner. It's like you never left the states. Prices are high but hey it's Tokyo. I've seen more Bentleys and Ferraris there than anywhere outside Monaco. The Okura is the right spot for your meeting with the ambassador or hosting that occasional Tri-Lateral Commission meeting or that quiet little international cartel get together. Otherwise you can do better.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kawabata4444
Reviewed April 27, 2012

The location is close to Japan Government offices and many Embassies, little away from Financial district, close to entertainment district Roppongi. Transportation good for airports with Bus service directly from hotel. Staff very well trained and polite , helpful make you feel special. Rooms are pretty standard except a good quality shower with few extra Jacuzzi type side showers with clear instructions of use.Bathrooms bit small but well maintained and equipped. Very limited Tea facility in room but no coffee or cream. Beds are OK and so are room amenities except the location of sockets for Mobile and chargers bit inconvenient. Room lights and control of curtains at bedside. Rooms of average size but look fresh and so is lobby and passages. Breakfast good and the Terrace restaurant has excellent view of the Beautiful Garden. Try getting a room in Main and not in South wing

Room Tip: There are two wings Main and South , Main is new.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business