1,681 results
All reviewssouth wingmain buildingorchid barmid centuryembassy areaclassic hoteljames bondjapanese servicehealth clubhibiya lineimpeccable servicerooms are spaciousbusiness centerjapanese stylequiet areahotel guestsan excellent hotel
Reviewed August 25, 2011

What the hotel has going for it is superb service [although do we really need a kimono-clad woman to press the button to call the elevator for you?] and very large rooms. it is close to two subway lines are is walkable on a good day to several lively restaurant areas.
I would not call this hotel stylish - the mid-century teak decor looks dated even to somebody like myself, who likes this sort of look. The floral hallway rugs are not helpful either. However, you should not stay there for the look of it. As far as scale, the hotel is very generous. The in-room WIFI should be free, I agree with other reviews in that regard. The breakfast is fantastic, if rather expensive. plenty of western style and Japanese style items to choose from. The garden view is exquisite.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights in Aug 2011. They staged a conference in facilities on the first floor.
The guest rooms are large especially for Tokyo, bed and bathroom are comfortable. The staff are hospitable - they have ladies in traditional dress helping people into the elevators at the crossroads of the lobby level (5th floor).
The breakfast buffet at the Terrace restaurant on 1st floor provides a good range of food catering for East and West. They did well with families with small children. A cook to request egg and omelette service is excellent.
The Orchid Bar has a great range of Sake and Scotch, the price on wine is high but consistent with prices in Tokyo hotels. The Teppanyaki restaurant provide a good forum for a small group meeting with drinks and dinner and the food was very good.
The concierge was very helpful in determining where to fine Samurai dolls and Sashimi knifes etc.

The one issue I had was the lack of wireless internet. You would expect this in a major hotel in a major city, but I had forgotten about this since my last trip to Tokyo. I called the front desk and the outsourced agent was not able to help. I carry a wireless airport module that I was set up on the LAN cable. This last time this happened I bought one form the Apple shop in Ginza.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DoesNotGetOutMuch
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The Okura Hotel is my home in Tokyo. I have been staying there for almost a decade, and the more I stay there, the more I enjoy it. As referenced elsewhere, the place is unique. Built 50 years ago, it has a retro-charm that is wonderful. After staying in scores of international business hotels around the world, it is very nice to stay in a hotel that is different and feels like you are in Japan.

The service at the hotel is impeccable and welcoming. I have never stayed in a hotel with better service. The rooms are big for a Tokyo hotel room.

I tend to try to stay in the South Wing, so I can stay in a room with a view. (The main building's entrance is on the fifth floor and some rooms are are lower floors.). Best to contact the hotel ahead if you have a specific room request as your room is often assigned ahead of time.

I always look forward to returning to the Okura.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AgTrade
Reviewed July 31, 2011

The Hotel Okura Tokyo is celebrating its 50 year anniversary this year and, despite its age, the hotel is in very good condition. The design is a little dated but also adds to the charm of the hotel. We stayed for 6 days and, as we were travelling with small children, we requested connecting room, which were assigned to us upon arrival. The hotel is in the embassy area, which makes it very quiet at night. There are not too many restaurants around in the area, but there are two subway stations within 5 minutes walk from the hotel, serving two different subway lines and thus very convenient. Service throughout our stay was excellent. Concierge associate Ms. Kim provided us with an outstanding and very detailed itinerary including floorplans, maps, schedules and so on, for our one-day trip to Kimitsu.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Okura Hotel Tokyo.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed here for business in May 2011 and had a good stay here. The hotel is a bit dated now and the decor could be updated, however, it's clean, the staff are friendly and the food is good. The looby is huge and you do get the feeling that the space is wasted as nothing really happens it the lobby. I also got the disinct impression that is is more of a 'day time' hotel. i.e. lots of people there for lunches etc during the day but at night there is noone around. When i arrived circa 10pm at night i thought i was the only person there and the reception is located roudn the corner. overall good hotel and good location for where i needed to be for business.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business