1,088 results
All reviewsautograph collectionshinagawa stationjapanese gardena marriott gold membermarriott hotelskoi pondjetted tubthe executive loungenarita expressminute walkbullet trainnice gardenwest exitconvenient locationtakanawa exitseparate showervery nice hotel
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

I’m just leaving the hotel today. It’s a beautiful facility adjacent to several other prince orioerties with a beautiful adjoining Japanese garden. Rain didn’t keep me from strolling through the gardens however.

I am a Marriott platinum elite premier member (top 3%) of platinum customers. I’m not really sure I experience any perks because if that.....I had booked a king room and got a king room without an upgrade - they said they were at capacity but I would still expect some level of upgrade as I’m in a minority elite level.

Room was spacious and comfortable. Line ES were clean and down comforter was wonderful. I had a little trouble figuring out the heat as it was just an AC control in Japanese but ultimately it wasn’t too cold. Bathroom was also great with a wonderful shower and jacuzzi tub, though didn’t use the latter. They had nice towels, soaps and amenities. Toilet was in a separate room, which is nice if your traveling with more than 1 person. The toilets had wonderful washlets - I had never used one but they are awesome - now I want one at home, especially with the heated seats. Biggest challenge was the instructions are all in Japanese!

Concierge lounge was clean and comfortable. Foods were displayed. I rly. There was a nice automatic coffee/espresso System, fresh juices, cereals, breads and pastries, salad, fruits, meats, eggs etc for breakfast. At night time there was light fare - not anything you could call dinner, and snacks. Staff was kind and kept the place clean and replenished. My only complaint was for 6 days and nights there was absolutely no change in the food. I was bored by the 3rd day with the repetitive offerings - even the soup didn’t change. This menu was not nearly the exceptional level I have had in other Marriott Asia properties such as the Marriott at Tang Plaza in Singapore - one of the best I have ever been too.

There are nice restaurants at the property. The teppanaki place was exceptional in quality but the cost was so overpriced. I had a simple piece of wagyu beef for the main meal with all the accomoaniements and spent almost $150USD - for 100g of meat. It was delicious but if it was t expensed I would never go there.

I would say one of the best features was proximity to Shinagawa Station which gets you anywhere. It was a simple 3-5 minute walk to JR trains, Shinkansen (bullet trains) and metro.

Two other nice touches. Concierge is excellent at giving you directions, suggestions on things to do etc. Also in rainy season they provide umbrellas.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Jon S
Reviewed October 18, 2017

The hotel is located an easy walk from Shinagawa station with plenty of places to eat nearby. It's an oasis of tranquillity in a busy city, with an award-winning spa that is well worth the cost. It shares a beautiful garden and several excellent restaurants with its sister hotels.

We paid a little extra for a larger room with a spa bath, and were very grateful for it and the blackout curtains after a long day of sightseeing). The toiletries and coffee were delightful, and there were plenty of fluffy towels. I was very sad to leave.

Room Tip: it's worth paying extra for a garden room
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2017

I did a lot of research before I booked and this Marriott Property exceeded my expectations!! The service, ambiance, location and concierge lounge were perfectly executed!! I have Celiac disease (gluten intolerance) and everything in the concierge lounge was labeled for people with food allergies which made it very easy!! It is the only hotel in Tokyo that I will stay at because of this as well as many other reasons. The staff is very well trained and spoke very good English.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2017

I travel to from Japan at least a half dozen times a year and I always stay at The Prince on the night before my departure. I take the early morning flight from Narita to the US, which doesn't leave me with enough time to get to Narita from Nagoya in the morning. So the night before my departure I take the Shinkansen train from Nagoya to Shinagawa and make the very short walk Shinagawa Station to the hotel (across the street). The next morning I have a wonderful breakfast in the hotel lounge, walk to the station and board the Narita Express for the 36 minute ride to Narita Airport. I get off the train, follow the escalators to the departure level and minutes later am in line to check-in. It couldn't be much easier.

There are hotels in Narita, some are as close as 10 minutes driving time. I haven't found any of them to be as nice as The Prince and it usually takes 30 minutes to get to the airport once you wait for the shuttle bus to fill up, so it's only another 10 or 15 minutes time for far nicer accommodations.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank Ron E
Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at Marriott properties all over the world. I think Sakura Tower is the best for many reasons:service is impeccable, the ambiance is lovely and serene. Our room was spacious with many amenities. After a long tour staying in moderately priced hotels, this was heaven, especially the large king sized bed. We spent 4 days here relaxing, a perfect end to our trip.

We arrived at the Shinagawa station from Kyoto and tried to follow the directions provided by reviewers, but they were confusing and we got lost. Fortunately, I copied the name and address of the hotel in Japanese and emailed it to myself. We stopped a young Japanese man, showed him the info and he kindly guided us to the hotel.

Here are the directions we recommend: take the West exit at Shinagawa station. Go right and walk until you come to the 7-11, about 300 yards. Cross the street there at the marked intersection. There is a small path going up a slight hill and leads you to the Sakura Tower and Prince Hotel complex.

As Gold members, we had access to the executive lounge and enjoyed breakfast every morning and appetizers and cocktails each evening. We loved the subtle, relaxing colors, an oasis from the noise and bustle of the city.

To get to Narita airport, the hotel will make reservations for a bus. The fare is about $27. Shinagawa has an express train to the airport but we were tired of train stations and opted for the pickup from the hotel, less hassle. The bus leaves every hour or so.

The garden here is most lovely, adding to the overall ambiance.

The only negative comment pertains to the barely warm, runny scrambled eggs served in the executive lounge. They are tasteless, but they offer so many other things, you can just skip them.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple