“Great Location & Service; Perfect Combination” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection

The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection
Ranked #4 of 106 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Milford, Michigan
“Great Location & Service; Perfect Combination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We found the Prince Sakura Tower hotel through Marriott. It's part of Marriott's "Autograph Collection", which are boutique hotels in the Marriott family of properties. As a side note, if you haven't looked at Marriott's Autograph Collection before, you're missing some very nice hotel options. Back to the Prince Sakura Tower review. There are many "Prince" hotels in Tokyo, so if you find this one to your liking, make sure you include the entire name and the connection to Marriott to ensure you have the correct hotel.

The Prince Sakura Tower is nestled next to a Japanese garden that leads to two other very nice hotels. The benefit is that you have many restaurants to choose from, all within 2 minutes walking distance. In addition, the Shinagawa station is a short 5 minute walk, giving you access to Japan's expansive train and subway systems. Very nice location.

What we found most delightful was the service. The concierge was incredible as she spent well over an hour with my wife helping plan the excursions on our free days (as we had some pre-planned excursions already booked upon our arrival). She made restaurant reservations for us, coordinated taxi service and even secured tickets to a league championship baseball game for my wife, two daughters and I. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank JVM-Milford-MI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
Fukuoka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed here once in May 2014, and liked it so much I stayed again in June 2014. Once off the main road, the walk up to hotel (a slight incline going towards the hotel from the station) is relaxing. I was greeted both times outside by a staff member who took my luggage and led me to check-in (as they did when I checked out too). The lobby also felt attractive and relaxing to me. Check-in was efficient and professional. The second time, however, I had to ask about the breakfast coupon. It appeared that the staff member was new.

The gardens around the hotel are nice for a stroll. Even though it was not cherry blossom season at the time of my visits, the greenery is wonderful in the midst of the city.

The room was large enough, with the best point for me being the lovely tub with bubble jets, and the toilet in a separate room from the bathtub and shower. Looking out the windows of the room, I could see so many trees, which is another reason I liked it here. I am not sure if internet is standard nowadays, but it was included in my room rate.

There is no (member) lounge at this hotel, which is a minus point for me. The buffet breakfast was adequate (with nice "smoothies"- a choice of two different kinds), but I was surprised that there was no white rice (just rice gruel). I have gotten quite used to buffet breakfasts at hotels in Japan, which often serve Western as well as Japanese choices. There were nice views, more greenery and water, out the window at breakfast.

The hotel is close to Shinagawa Station, which is mostly a business area. I did not realise until my second stay that there is a hotel shuttle to the station. I am not sure how frequently it runs. From the station, there is a direct train from Haneda airport (I am not sure about Narita) , which was convenient for me.

The first time, I had taken a taxi from another hotel. I did not have the complete name of the hotel, and the driver was confused at first. He asked if it was "the Tower", and I did not know that was part of the name. There are several hotels with "Prince" in the name in the area, and this is a Marriott property, Autograph Collection, but that part does not seem to be part of the name in use (there was a small sign at the entrance to the hotel with this name on it however). The Marriott Tokyo is in the same general area too. So, it was a little confusing. The other mildly confusing thing was that the room number (4523 for my second stay) was on the 5th floor.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Zipzoe
Manly, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

With a lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite member in the family, we tend to stay in Marriott hotels everywhere we travel. We had four to pick from in Tokyo and chose the Prince Sakura Tower. It required the least amount of points and was the farthest south in Tokyo which would make it cheeper to get to the Yokohama Cruise terminal for our cruise.
We arrived very late the first night but the service was impeccable. And every want or need has already been thought of for you and is waiting in the hotel room. The complimentary breakfast every morning was a definite plus, especially the addition of the green smoothies. There was an English newspaper hanging on our door each morning. The rooms are HUGE compared to others in Japan and the bathroom was amazing with a jacuzzi tub along with a roomy shower that offered hot forceful water. The toilet is in another room than the bathroom and contains one amazing toilet. Lots of buttons to heat the seat, cool the seat, spray water on your bum and much, much more.
There is also a traditional Japanese garden outside including an amazing Koi pond. Its beautifully landscaped and full of tranquility. The hotel is also across the street from the Shingawa Train station which makes it incredibly accessible!
All in all, a fabulous hotel with wonderful service, enjoyable amenities and very comfortable beds!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank TCUAussieFrog
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were lucky enough to stay at the Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, a short walk to Shinagawa station, one of the largest subway stations in Tokyo, which made it easy to get around. I admired the hotel décor and the attention to detail. Did I mention we counted three different styles of bathrobes in our room? We were also lucky enough to have the buffet breakfasts every morning, which was such a nice way to start our days, especially with the green smoothies. However, the one downside of the hotel was the concierge service. We were let down a few times by the concierge who was not prepared, unable to recommend restaurants and give exact directions.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank megstait
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I booked five nights for 4 nights' worth of points, a Marriott Rewards perk I value. I highly recommend this hotel:

PROS
- Excellent Location. Located across the street from a major train station that has a Japan Railway LIne. Stores and restaurants are located close by.
- Garden brings tranquility to the property. You are looking down at trees, and not concrete, from your window
- Superb service (which may be a Japan thing). If I had to wait for as much as a minute the staff apologized profusely
- I was upgraded 4 of 5 nights to a spacious room with long, wide windows overlooking the garden. Considering the premium on space in Tokyo my room would probably be considered gigantic
- Quiet - I heard no other guests
- Spotless
- Nice touches: newspaper in English everyday, fruit on arrival, extra toiletries provided for me
- Temperature control (not an option at many properties today)
- Extensive complimentary breakfast
- Hot, forceful showers
- The most beautiful elevator doors I've ever seen!

CONS
- No sheets on the beds. I don't know if this a Japan thing or not
- No lounge

Wonderful property.

MR# 627746746

Room Tip: 4901 (corner rooms) was spacious
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Esme_Travels
Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Japanese really know how to do it right! Usually I start with positives and then go to negatives. This time I'll reverse because so few negatives. To begin with, the hotel is a bit dated. The fixtures a little old, etc. Second, the neighborhood in Shinagawa is a bit dull. Mostly business, and not much fun. However, the experience was such that I will definitely stay here again. The building, while older, feels very calm and soothing. There are a few flashes of tackiness (the neon stickers on the elevator doors come to mind), but mostly a beautiful space. The service was perfection. From the moment you land at their doorstep to the moment you leave, someone is attentive to your needs. Breakfast was okay, but nothing to write home about. For the money and the experience overall, I am definitely staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
4 Thank ricedish
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

When it happent to a holiday and your holiday is during Cherry Blossom! I think its a must for you to stay in this Hotel. The Garden is really beautiful! With a Natural KOI Pond, breakfast wtih a Cherry Blossom tree view! Its really perfect , we miss it already. The service is really Japannese warm and hospitality! Two tumbs up for all the concierce and Customer Relation, they really willing to help you to call a restaurant for a reservation. To help you with any information you need. With additional a walking distance to Shinagawa Station. Thank you for a wonderful holiday memories that we have in your hotel. We defeneatly will comeback again if we visit Tokyo

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Yenny K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Park Hotel Tokyo
4.5 of 5 stars 2,354 reviews
Royal Park Hotel The Shiodome, Tokyo
Shinagawa / Gotanda
Shinagawa Prince Hotel Tokyo

Been to The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!