Just returned from a 4-night stay at this fabulous, comfortable and modern hotel. It is very close to the Shinagawa station which has the bullet train, JR rail, Narita Express trains. I think the walk can be as short as 5 minutes. I really liked the location and felt safe walking from the station to the hotel even at midnight.
How to get to the hotel from Shinagawa station? Follow the sign to the Central Gate exit. As you come out from the gates, you will see a JR rail service office and another tourist office facing you. Then turn left and watch for the Takanawa West Exit (it's a orange/yellowish sign). Go down the stairs/escalator. There is a nice supermarket on your right (good for looking around but the prices are more expensive). Turn right and you can either take the pedesrian bridge to cross to the other side or go further down and cross at the traffic light. This is where you will see the 7-11 store (good place to get water and snacks). Keep walking up the hill after you crossed the road and the hotel is straight ahead of you. This walk is doable even if you have a large lugguage with wheels.
Once you arrived at the hotel, you are welcomed by a nice, open and modern lobby. The staff is very friendly. Check-in was very smooth for us. As a Marriott Gold member, We rec'd two breakfast vouchers per night which I enjoyed very much every morning. We had a double/double room (2 beds) and I thought the room size is big and comparable to double/double room at any US Marriott hotels. The room is very clean. The bed is very comfortable. I slept very well every night. There is a nice tub in the room and we used every night after a long day of walking. In-room wireless internet worked well. There is a nice TV but didn't use. Our room has a nice view of the garden and Tokyo Tower.
We walked around the garden and koi pond in the morning and it was very beautiful and relaxing.
Breakfast buffet was very good. Service was good. Loved the fresh fruits.
I believe this hotel was recently renovated. All public areas are very clean. The gift shop has very nice gifts.
Concierge staff was very helpful. The gentleman helped me with planning my day-trip to Kyoto.
There is a quiet/relaxation area in the basement. Also in the basement is the gym and spa. The gym looks like a standard gym. I didn't use it.
The price is reasonable considering the location and large rooms. It's really nice to be so close to Shinagawa station! The breakfast and time I saved from getting to train station is worth the extra money. I booked approximately 3 weeks in advance and got a decent rate ($240/night including tax and service charge). This is on par w/ decent hotels in downtown San Francisco. I would definitely stay here again.
We ate at a Thai restaurant called Mango Tree in the Wing shopping center which is near the pedestrian bridge. This is one of the few restaurants still open at 9:3ish at night. Small, busy place even at 10pm but price was reasonable and food was good. We especially like the Thai Roasted Pork in the appetizer section. For dinner, we had the pork w/ basil. Service could be slow if you don't grab the wait staff's attention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in October 1998, this luxurious hotel offers a wide range of excellent services and facilities within an all-season resort ambience. In the spring, pink cherry blossoms can be seen from every guest room. In the fall, the colorful autumn leaves shower the walkways. In the winter, the snow-mantled archways, trees and garden steps provide an air of complete tranquility. Offering exceptional levels of comfort in a formal Japanese garden setting, the Sakura Tower is specifically designed for the American guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, JAPANiCAN, Ctrip TA, Rakuten, Fastbooking, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo Hotel Minato
- The Prince Sakura Hotel Tokyo
- Prince Sakura Minato
- The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo Japan