Walking distance to the train station, tons of local restaurants close by, including the one called Sentosa (Singaporean cuisine) and a nice coffe shop out of the hotel for hot breakfast (forgot the name).
The room was spacious (in terms of Japan standard), quiet (sound proof?) and super clean. The bed size is on American standard (i am 6"2) instead of local like many others. In-room bubble bath was a great relax for me every day.
Experienced an expected power outage at night/early morning, followed by an unexpected earthquake. My first time experience with an earthquake in Japan, though I visited Tokyo for a good number of times and made extended stay at Kobe for 6 months years ago.
The hotel was designed to be "floating" to cope against light earthquake like the one we had. I was at 12th floor. It was about 4-5am, I was just feeling my bed was "swinging" for about 10 sec.. then gradually stop.
When i was talking to my Japanese college the next morning about the earthquake, the answer was like "oh, there was another one? I read it from the paper this morning" - god, they are just so used to it.
The weather outside was pretty sticky, quite some rain (similar to Oregon though but much warmer). Not many places had the air con fully on, including the train, but the hotel's air con was very good and cooled everybody down.
Overall a great stay. The price was just expensive comparing to other closeby local ones, i would not consider it for my family trip. one obervation I had was for the guests of the hotel, 90% of them were foreigners (most of them were American), very very few local.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in October 1998, this luxurious hotel offers a wide range of excellent services and facilities within an all-season resort ambience. In the spring, pink cherry blossoms can be seen from every guest room. In the fall, the colorful autumn leaves shower the walkways. In the winter, the snow-mantled archways, trees and garden steps provide an air of complete tranquility. Offering exceptional levels of comfort in a formal Japanese garden setting, the Sakura Tower is specifically designed for the American guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, JAPANiCAN, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotwire, Rakuten, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo Hotel Minato
- The Prince Sakura Hotel Tokyo
- Prince Sakura Minato
- The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection Japan