We had a great stay at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel.
What we liked :-
- it's just 2 mins to the Shinagawa JR station
- that the breakfast coupons allow you a choice of several restaurants located within the hotel. We loved the breakfast buffet at Hapuna (Main Tower, level 1). The restaurant is very modern looking and spacious
- The Green Planet programme - 500yen vouchers per guest for each day you go without room cleaning. We stayed 6 nights, and did not ask for room-cleaning on 3 occasions - with 3 guests, we got a total of 4,500yen worth of vouchers. You can only use it a the hotel-managed convenience store - which was good enough for us for some last minute snack and gift-shopping
- for 3 persons, we took a double room (with sofa bed) in the (new) Annex Tower, on the 21st floor. Space was tight, but otherwise the room was clean and toilet amenties and accessories provided by the hotel were more than adequate - we liked the fragrance from the shampoo and body wash.
What can be improved :-
- Staff do not speak very good English, which made it difficult for me to find out the details of the Green Planet Programme In the end, the details were in a green colored form which can be found in the room.
Travel tips :-
- there's a restaurant at the Shinagawa JR station (just by the upgoing escalators) - they have menu in English. One of the lady staff speaks Mandarin.
- as you approach the station, turn right and walk along the pavement for abt 5 mins, until you 'hit' a Ramen Alley - there are several shops selling ramen (and beer, gyoza etc). Great place! There was at least one shop that had a sign indicating that they had English menu.
- as you leave the hotel, and past 7-11 store, turn right into the cluster of cafes and restaurants. Right at the end of the cluster, there's a nice yakitori restaurant. Nice! (i was with Japanese friends, so I am not sure if they have English menu).
- By the way, if you are heading to Tokyo Disneyland using JR lines (e.g. from Shinagawa), you need to make a changeover at Tokyo station for the Keiyo line, to take a train to Maihama station. It sounds convenient right? But it was quite a pain, as we realised that you need to walk 520m during the changeover!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Rakuten, Booking.com, JAPANiCAN, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shinagawa Prince Hotel Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Hotel Minato
- Prince Hotel Tokyo
- Minato Prince Hotel
- Shinagawa Prince Hotel Tokyo Japan