Shinagawa Prince Hotel Tokyo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ryokan
Tokyo Marriott Hotel(Shinagawa)
  • Room Service
3,786 results
All reviewsmain towerbowling alleytrain stationfood courtaqua parkan aquariumdolphin showhuge hotelhotel complexnew towerconvenient locationhaneda airportbusy hoteldepartment storerooms are smallsingle roomyamanote line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Last year I stayed at the Miyako Sheraton which had bigger rooms and a nicer lobby...but the room was on par other than size and it costs about $100 more per night.

I got a great view on the 35th floor from one of their recently renovated rooms... If you book soon after my stay, make sure you get a higher floor of the Main Tower that's been renovated. The annex tower is more outdated, so avoid that too unless you are trying to save a few more bucks.

A single queen room is perfect for a couple. You'll have to pick up frequently as these rooms aren't US sized rooms (like the Sheraton for $250 US per night). That was ok with us. We also don't care about a big tv. The wifi was fast and free. I had to pay 10 or 20 bucks a day for it at the Sheraton last year. The bed was very good.... Slightly firm and consistent.

The staff were great. At different times I needed an iron and an electrical adapter and within what seemed like only seconds not one, but two staffers delivered the products.

They also have a 7eleven on site which is not only the cheapest way I know to get cash from a debit card for Americans, but the only way I know how. I've tried other convenient stores and banks to no avail.

I stayed here because we were meeting a friend and I was afraid the location wouldn't be so good, but it turned out it was perfect if you're riding mass transit (as almost everyone going to Tokyo is). It's right on the Yamanote line (the most prominent train line that circles the core areas of Tokyo) and its right in the middle of the most famous areas on that line. Akihabara, Ginza, and the main Tokyo Station are in one direction and Shibuya, and Harujuku are in the other direction. There are two very tasty cafes in the train station (including Dean and Deluca) as well.

The "Top of Shinagawa" bar was a bit of a let down. $15 for a cocktail (albeit a tasty one), smoking, noise, and blasé decor. I'm more into quiet, clean places with craft cocktails at $10 or less.

I will book here again likely.

Room Tip: Ask for main tower, upper, remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sivadyert
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I chose this hotel because Shinagawa station is just infront of the hotel, 3 mins walk. On the ground floor there's a convenience store 7-11. Also there's an airport limo bus service to the hotel directly, so I don't have to carry my luggage via narita train and walk with it tho the hotel.

the room is tiny as a standard of Japanese hotel. I got the room on the high floor and I can see Tokyo tower and Tokyo sky tree.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Chintana T
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Prince Hotel as it was so close to the train station where we could catch the shinkansen (bullet train) to Nagoya to meet friends. We also used the station to go to Shibuya (famous shopping centre) with a friend for dinner. The room was an adequate size and breakfast was available in a range of different restaurants. The western style restaurant on the 39th floor also afforded panoramic views of Mount Fuji on a clear day. On our final day in Tokyo it was such a clear day but unfortunately the restaurant (owned by another business) was closed. The staff bent over backwards to find an empty hotel room (on the 35th floor) with a view of Mount Fuji so that we could see it before we left. Outstanding customer service like this was common all over Japan.

Room Tip: A room facing the train station is fun because you can watch the shinkansen and suburban trains coming in and out of the station.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pechfoodlover
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is not a hotel for first-timers to Japan (in which case you should splurge and go for a nicer place). The Shinagawa Prince caters to tour groups and it's not exactly atmospheric, neither in its neighbourhood nor the hotel itself. But it's our go-to hotel in Tokyo, because of its location (just across Shinagawa station, good for bullet trains, airport transfers, and for getting around Tokyo itself), and because it's a nice hotel (make sure you are on a renovated ("renewed") floor, though most of them are), for what it is. Connected to a bowling centre, movie theater and aqua centre (with aquarium and performing seals), it's also good for families. The Hapuna restaurant has a nice breakfast buffet. As with most hotels in Japan, the service is efficient (even with long lines at check-in/check-out), room are clean and proper, and everyone is very polite.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jolielaide
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed from 17/4-21/4 at the Annexe Tower for business trip. The Shinagawa Station is located just across the road. The complex consist of several hotel towers, shops at the podium, a 2 levels bowling centre, cinema & the Shinagawa Aqua Stadium with aquarium & life dolphin show. Easy & fast check in/out with excellent Japanese counter service. Room was comfortable, very cleaned & tidy. Noticed that the room has lots of power points couple with very good free wifi connection in the room & entire lobby area. Breakfast was provided at several restaurants (6-7) within the hotel serving local & western food.
Overall, the hotel is very well located and has great facilities/amenities. Worth of second stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business