“Good hotel, great position”

Shinagawa Prince Hotel Tokyo
Ranked #38 of 118 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Two steps from Shinagawa station, if you travel for business Shingawa Prince is a great stay.
Large rooms (not so usual in Tokyo), and good service
Good breakfast.
Price reasonable for such a hotel

Laundry service is not the best... My schedule was very tight and I ask for express service... They do not pickup my stuff since was not clear if I need 2h express service or 1h express service.... So no service at all......
If you need remember to be very very clear filling your laundry form :-)

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,629)

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just spent 3 nights at the Prince Hotel In Shinagawa. We stayed at the Shinagawa Prince Annex Tower. I mentioned this as there are about 4 Prince Hotels in this area. Don't let the word "Annex" scare you. The hotel was of a 4 star quality. They didn't have a non-smoking room available so they upgraded us to a corner room which was larger. Keep in mind, Japanese rooms are generally smaller than most hotels. Our corner room was of a normal size with a great view of Tokyo from the 24th floor. It had all the room amenities of a 4 star hotel. A mini fridge, a pot to boil water for tea, (bring your own coffee if you like as there was none) slippers, robes, automatic window curtains and a flat screen TV but no English Channels. At least my son and I couldn't find any. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful with directions. The location was perfect, right across the the street from the ShinagawaTrain Station. From here you can get to anywhere in the Tokyo area. The NEX train goes to NRT with 1 stop in about 1 hour or there is the JR local line which takes about 30 minutes longer. Buses are also options. The Prince complex has bowling alleys, swimming pools, theaters and much more. A Seven Eleven next door and a McDonalds on the main street. My son and I truly enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are larger with 2 windows for better views.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have stayed several times at the Shinagawa Prince because it is close to a friends home. But it is a very convenient hotel. If you stay there join the Prince Club for free and get special rates for foreigners. It is right across the street from Shinagawa Station which is a major train station on the Yamanote Line. It is a major transfer point with access to the Shinkansen (high speed line). The hotel I believe caters to foreigners, with everyone fluent in English. There are many shops/restaurants adjacent to the hotel as well as in the train station. Train stations are centers for restaurants, retails shops and are mini malls. You can buy groceries there. There is also a 7/11 close to the hotel where you can get yen from the ATM.

The Chushingura Shrine is 3 blocks away. There, the 47 ronin who committed suicide after taking revenge for their Lord's death are buried This is a famous story in Japanese history and there are numerous movies made about it.

Room Tip: Stay in the main tower. It is close to the main entry to the hotel and exit to shops an train stati...
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here in March 2013, as a family of four in the main tower. The rooms are small compared to western accommodations. Lucky to fit two suitcases on the floor at the foot of the bed. The hotel is directly opposite the Shinagawa train station. We arrived at hotel by the Limousine Bus from Narita Airport and took around 1 1/4 hours. On our departure we used the Narita Express train service from the train station (no traffic worries). Extremely convenient, either choice.

Lots of food choices around hotel and the train station has a huge choice of eateries.

Room was clean and quiet. Flat screen TV and there is a kettle available in the room.

It is in a great location to access the JR Yamanote line, the shinkansen (bullet train), subway and the Narita Express.

There is LAN available for laptop, wi-fi is available for a fee of Y500 per 24 hours.

Front of the hotel you had a view to the railway station and could see the shinkansen arriving and departing.

3  Thank SueMelbourne
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel was recommended by my colleague who visits Tokyo regularly for business trip. It's very convenient to get to the hotel by a limousine bus from Narita Airport, ticket price is 3,000 yen. It's even closer if you come from Haneda airpot.

The room is a bit small but comfortable enough to have good night sleep. There's no free WIFI provided in the room or lobby. Mini mart available in the building or those options like 7-Eleven and McDonald's are within 5 minute walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Regular rooms are small. Stayed at Annex building last time with our trip disrupted by the big earthquake of Mar 2011, the annex building rooms were a little bigger.

This time we are at main building, rooms are more updated for sure, but very small. If you have large suitcases, will not work well. We had 2 roller boards, which fit well.

Location is most convenient, Shinagawa station has service for Yamamoto line which is main circle, NEX to airport, and all the Shinkansen lines. Lots of restaurants in the station and around. This is no Hilton or Intercon... But a can't beat location.

Although small, the room has everything you need. Flat tv, yukutas (Japanese robes), tub shower, but I don't see anyone really fitting in the tub, its small. Very simplistic decode, not much decor on walls, I guess so nothing falls off during quakes. My 5 yr old loves trains, so you can imagine how happy he was to look down on the rail lines to see the trains going in and out of Shinagawa.

For wifi, there is only LAN cable connection, so you must asked for a wifi router at jpy500 per day. It is a micro wifi router, really easy to use and useful. S our iPads, and iPhones could go online. And save data roaming n the phones.

At the station, there's a grocery store/department store supermarket. Great for buying pre made sushi and other foods to bring to the room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank pvcnco
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel Spring 2012 (April/May). My husband travels to Japan regularly, from Australia, for work. On this occasion I accompanied him. This was my first experience of travelling to Japan.

Our first five days in Japan my husband needed to work in Tokyo. so I took the time to do some sightseeing by myself. We stayed in a double room which was very comfortable, albeit very small compared to what we are used to in Australia. But we anticipated that this would be the case. The bed was comfortable and everything was neat and clean. We were given vouchers for the hotel restaurant as part of our deal, so were able to enjoy the breakfast every morning, and I also had lunch on 2 occasions. Despite queues, we were shown to a seat very quickly and enjoyed the choice of Japanese and western food on offer. One evening a Japanese colleague of my husband's took us to the 'Shabu Shabu' restaurant in the hotel, and we had a most delicious meal, all cooked by hand in a boiling basin of water. The staff were friendly and observant to our needs. Our host cooked the food for me (the Kobe beef was to die for!) and it was a delightful experience.

Having Shinagawa Station across the road is a huge advantage for this hotel. I really enjoyed wandering around the station, and it's surrounding shops and restaurants, taking in the sights and people watching. I took 2 day tours, which the hotel organised for me: A day trip around Tokyo, and then one to Mount Fuji. Both tours were very interesting and informative. The hotel complex includes a food hall, a variety of shops, and a bowling alley. So there is lots to do and look at.

We were so lucky to be in Tokyo when the cherry blossoms were out. They were so beautiful and being able to experience this really enhanced our trip. I would recommend this hotel as a comfortable and convenient place to stay in Tokyo.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shells57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Keikyu EX Inn Shinagawa Ekimae
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Hilton Tokyo Odaiba
Hilton Tokyo Odaiba
#14 of 118 in Minato

Been to Shinagawa Prince Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!