“Excellent location. Small rooms.”

Shinagawa Prince Hotel Tokyo
Ranked #42 of 112 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Regular rooms are small. Stayed at Annex building last time with our trip disrupted by the big earthquake of Mar 2011, the annex building rooms were a little bigger.

This time we are at main building, rooms are more updated for sure, but very small. If you have large suitcases, will not work well. We had 2 roller boards, which fit well.

Location is most convenient, Shinagawa station has service for Yamamoto line which is main circle, NEX to airport, and all the Shinkansen lines. Lots of restaurants in the station and around. This is no Hilton or Intercon... But a can't beat location.

Although small, the room has everything you need. Flat tv, yukutas (Japanese robes), tub shower, but I don't see anyone really fitting in the tub, its small. Very simplistic decode, not much decor on walls, I guess so nothing falls off during quakes. My 5 yr old loves trains, so you can imagine how happy he was to look down on the rail lines to see the trains going in and out of Shinagawa.

For wifi, there is only LAN cable connection, so you must asked for a wifi router at jpy500 per day. It is a micro wifi router, really easy to use and useful. S our iPads, and iPhones could go online. And save data roaming n the phones.

At the station, there's a grocery store/department store supermarket. Great for buying pre made sushi and other foods to bring to the room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank pvcnco
There are newer reviews for Shinagawa Prince Hotel Tokyo

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel Spring 2012 (April/May). My husband travels to Japan regularly, from Australia, for work. On this occasion I accompanied him. This was my first experience of travelling to Japan.

Our first five days in Japan my husband needed to work in Tokyo. so I took the time to do some sightseeing by myself. We stayed in a double room which was very comfortable, albeit very small compared to what we are used to in Australia. But we anticipated that this would be the case. The bed was comfortable and everything was neat and clean. We were given vouchers for the hotel restaurant as part of our deal, so were able to enjoy the breakfast every morning, and I also had lunch on 2 occasions. Despite queues, we were shown to a seat very quickly and enjoyed the choice of Japanese and western food on offer. One evening a Japanese colleague of my husband's took us to the 'Shabu Shabu' restaurant in the hotel, and we had a most delicious meal, all cooked by hand in a boiling basin of water. The staff were friendly and observant to our needs. Our host cooked the food for me (the Kobe beef was to die for!) and it was a delightful experience.

Having Shinagawa Station across the road is a huge advantage for this hotel. I really enjoyed wandering around the station, and it's surrounding shops and restaurants, taking in the sights and people watching. I took 2 day tours, which the hotel organised for me: A day trip around Tokyo, and then one to Mount Fuji. Both tours were very interesting and informative. The hotel complex includes a food hall, a variety of shops, and a bowling alley. So there is lots to do and look at.

We were so lucky to be in Tokyo when the cherry blossoms were out. They were so beautiful and being able to experience this really enhanced our trip. I would recommend this hotel as a comfortable and convenient place to stay in Tokyo.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shells57
Reviewed March 8, 2013

shinagawa being one of the train station hub in the tokyo metropolis is a nice place to crash if you plan on doing some serious sightseeing in the city...located at the middle southern part of the metropolis, it is rather close to haneda airport, close to a half hour train ride to shinjuku, 20 mins to shibuya, 15 mins to ginza, 25 mins to akihabara, what i like is its proximity to other places that one will definitely visit when in tokyo...the hotel is pretty old but i think they have done some renovation...there are restaurants just the outside the hotel complex...it sucks that there's no free wifi even in the lobby...book early to get discounts on expedia...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank schummyManila
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayerd at the Shinigawa Prince (Annex Tower) for 6 nights this past February on work - functional hotel but no free wifi though there is a hardwire in the rooms - wifi is extra ¥500 a day - the best thing though is the location both in terms of the Shinigawa complex it's in with so many restaurants and shops and also how close it is to Shinigawa station from where you can pretty much get anywhere in Tokyo - it's one of the most central and well connected terminals. Would defiantly recommend to anyone staying on work who doesn't mind a small clean room in lieu of amazing location and convenience

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was okay, nothing terribly wrong with it, but for the price you would expect better service.
I had been staying in hostels so this was meant to be my treat, but I wasn't blown away by it at all.
The buffet breakfast, the thing I most looked forward to, was mediocre and they were trying to hustle me out 15 minutes before breakfast end.
The pool was full with kids doing swimming lessons, the bed was hard, the bathroom another one of those caravan bathrooms chucked in a room. The reception staff were not great with English at all and it was a struggle to get help.
It was okay, like I said, but I would buy an extra night somewhere else if you want to treat yourself. It wasn't worth the money. Probably up near Shinjuku, because that's where you'll want to shop/eat/drink. Trust me.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NessyCat
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is my 1st stay in Shinagawa but no regrets. Although the room was small as it was single-room in East Tower but the room was well equipped. Hotel staff are also helpful and hotel location is superb as it is opposite Shinagawa JR Stn. Hotel has lots of facilities which can truly occupy one. The only negative point about my room is the sound proof issue where I can hear noise along the corridor and I will wake up daily around 6am due to housekeeping staff working on their trolleys. Guest closing the door was also loud. Not too sure if this will be the same for rooms in other towers. I will still return to this hotel for next Tokyo trip due to its location and affordability.

Room Tip: Do not have too high expectations on this hotel's room size as it is generally small. East Towe...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank dordor-Sin
Reviewed February 27, 2013

For the price this hotel delivers anything you could ask for while visiting Tokyo. Clean and spacious rooms, friendly multi-lingual concierge staff, brilliantly professional maids and a very nice clean and friendly atmosphere. The hotel has all of the basic facilities and the staff are happy to help you with any inquiries/problems you may have. The FamilyMart on the first floor carries everything you may need/forgot to bring with you and if they don't float your boat the convenience store outside the rear entrance to the hotel carries almost everything FamilyMart has and more (Including beer if that's your thing!), the restaurants on the first floor are varied and the meals are nice for the price! all in all this is a great hotel and will definitely be staying here again next time I come to Japan.

Room Tip: The A/C in the rooms can be controlled manually however from my experience I think the hotel has the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Keikyu EX Inn Shinagawa Ekimae
Hotel Niwa Tokyo
Hotel Niwa Tokyo
#9 of 75 in Chiyoda
The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo

Been to Shinagawa Prince Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!