“Great location, standard hotel”

Shinagawa Prince Hotel Tokyo
Ranked #41 of 112 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I stayed at Annex tower. We first arrived to the main tower and the reception seemed almost like a luxury hotel, but our feeling changed when we got to the Annex tower reception, it felt like a some budget hotel compared to the main tower reception. People were nice and helpful as always in Japan. The rooms were very nice, nothing to complain.

The whole Prince hotel felt like a factory, with a lot of people and a lot of elevators and a lot of shops. We stay normally at the Shinagawa Keikyu Ex Inn, which feels a bit better. But location of the Prince was great as mentioned in previous reviews We had once breakfast at the top of Shinagawa restaurant at the top floor, great view but very basic or even a bit disappointing food.

I used the swimming pool for morning exercise. There were only couple of people with me and enough room for all of us to do some laps. WARNING: If you have a lot of tattoos, do not bother. I have one in my arm and the lifeguard used some sports tape to cover that and after that I could use the pool. The pool area had a sauna also and stove from Finland. Mild temperature and warning that you are not alloyed to throw water on the stove. That is funny because the basic idea in sauna is to throw some water on the stove.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mosqito
There are newer reviews for Shinagawa Prince Hotel Tokyo

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed in the Main Tower for one night as part of a tour, then in the East Tower for four nights on my own - overall I found the hotel to be great. The location is fantastic, right across the road from Shinagawa Station where you can get trains to literally everywhere. There are plenty of shops, restaurants & entertainment venues attached to the hotel which was great on rainy days. The hotel staff were very nice & always pleasant.
The only down side is that there is no wifi at all in this hotel - so weird considering how popular it is. There are computers in the lobbies of each tower that charge 100 yen for 10 minutes of internet - ok, but a bit annoying.
I would stay here again for sure, mainly due to the great location! The rooms are fairly basic - the single room I stayed in was very small, but that isn't unusual for Japanese hotels.

Room Tip: East Tower is for if you are on a budget - Main Tower rooms are nicer if you have a bit more money t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LouiseDarlington
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Location is perfect just across the road from Shinagawa station, from that station you can easily go to Kyoto and other cities by Shinkanshen, NEX train to Narita airport also stop here. There are many shops, restaurants nearby. We got a room for 2 people in the North Tower and to my surprise it is very big, there are very big sofa/ working desk in the room, 2 single beds. Bathtube, WC and make up/ face cleansing areas are seperated. We are very please with our stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Stayed in the north tower. It is widely known that the North and the east towers are very old and smell badly. A couple of unconfortable things..
- When I checked in, they charged me for 60,000 JPY for 10 nights, I thought it was little cheaper than expected so I asked them to make sure that is the price and they said yes and charged that amount to my credit card and issued official reciept. When I went to the room (small room), one of the receptionist called me and applogized that the amount was wrong, I had to go down to the front dest and cancel previous charge.
- They asked me to pay internet charges etc when 7 days had past and I paid. When i finally checked out, they charged internet charge during the first 7 days again.
- Since I needed to call overseas several times, I bought "free" calling card at outside ticket shop and I confirmed that it is free with public phone, but it was not with room phone, they charge 320 JPY ($ 4) per EVERY SINGLE call, I had to pay more than 3,200 JPY for "free" phone calls.
- There is alwasy a long line in front of the reception and they are quite slow handling things.

I will not stay here again, ever...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank FCC_R-2001
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Stayed four nights here during golden week this year. I was on the 11th floor of the east tower and if you are looking for a spacious room, this is not for you. The room was tiny, (with arms out stretched i could just touch the two walls) but as I was here on holidays By myself and only used the room to sleep in, it was fine. Shinagawa is a great location to base yourself in Tokyo. The station Has easy access from Narita on the NEX and othe Shinkansen and is on the Yamamote line which loops around Tokyo. Small room but clean and adequate, in a great location.

Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 30, 2012

The hotel is, as others have noted, very conveniently located just across the street from the Shinagawa station. We took the train up from Kyoto and were right there. The Yamanote line goes there, too, so if you want to go around Tokyo itself, you are in a good spot with this hotel.

Shinagawa is on the edge of Tokyo.

We were in the main tower (well I THINK that's the one it was--the place is huge and the booking was made by my work), and the rooms were quite nice. My room was a typical room like all the other Japanese hotels I stayed in on this business trip, with two twin beds, a small desk, and a compact bathroom. It was clean and quiet.

The area includes some shops and restaurants, but no real sights to see.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ProfandMom
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Singapore
Reviewed April 28, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Keikyu EX Inn Shinagawa Ekimae
Hotel Niwa Tokyo
Hotel Niwa Tokyo
#9 of 75 in Chiyoda
The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo

Been to Shinagawa Prince Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!