Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ryokan
1,352 results
All reviewsshinagawa stationsmall balconyconvenience store in the hoteljapanese gardenuphill walkbig hotelclub floorbullet trainfree shuttleother hotelsspacious roombusiness centerhotel is locatedwalking distancenarita airportexplore tokyorooms are big
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We really liked Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa. The location is great, just up the hill from the station. The area it is in makes it very convenient, close yet far enough away. The room was nice, the most comfortable I have ever slept in Japan. Loved having a balcony and the bathroom was very nice and well finished for Japan. The room did look worn, it needs some deep cleaning. We didn’t even sit in one of the chairs, just looked horrible. Service varied a lot. Have to give props to one of the ladies in the lobby. She was great and always helped us out. Several times she went I n the back to research and print information for us.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We Arrived at about 10 AM when we arrived and told the rooms have not been clean yet they would try and have a room ready just after 12 noon ( we had been offered an early check in at home at a cost of around $230.00 before we left home )
when I inquired about 12.15 Pm the shift had changed and nobody new anything
We got int our room at 2 PM normal time
the room was spotless
The staff were always nice I think we where a bit tired

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This beautiful hotel was a superb place to stay in Tokyo. It isn't on the Ginza but that is only a couple of stations away. This hotel is 300 metres from the station but a world away. It was our first night in Japan after a long flight so we ordered room service: it was delicious and served on white linen with silverware. Just the thing for the weary traveller. To be fair the décor is a little dated but it is in excellent and spotless condition. For a plethora of cheap eat choices venture down to the station.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over-looking the garden.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I always check for hairs. Lifted both bed sheets and saw hair on both beds. Maybe i was being too clean, so i just unpacked. Then i saw a big piece of booger on the wall dried up for days. Then i smelled some dinginess on the carpet, looked closer and saw a lot of hair on the floor, dirty balcony... Real bad way to start my first day in Japan. Disappointed.

I let the front desk know. I did not want a new room because i did not expect it to be any cleaner.

Staff was very kind and helpful, just that the dirty room ruined their image for me.

Price of rooms, its size, location,staff was great, but all that us defeated when i cannot be comfortable in my room.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Every traveler arrives in Tokyo absolutely tired , if its not from travelling its from the hussle bussle of the worlds biggest city ,even tho its on time and a world of its own like no other on earth. But arriving at Shinagawa 's huge train station and needing to check in and go out ..there is no way Im walking .. so I take the courtesy bus...trouble is the courstey bus has about 4 Prince Hotels in Shinagawa area , Now was it Shin Pri ? The Prince Tower ? Grand Prince or the Grande Prince ? or The Grand Prince New Takanawa ? Turns out to be the last on the list ...oh well.. Im glad Im not walking . Room is clean , bed is good , bathroom is fine , not one of those old instant toto yellow ones either . Food was reasonable , theres a small store on the 1st floor ( ground Floor to us ) where you can buy some snacks , sando or pretty much anything from a saftey pin to omiyage. The hotel staff were courteous and well mannered of course.. I had to get to Haneda for an ungodly 6:30 am flight ... thought I was close so I took a taxi , I pre booked it it still cost 5400¥en at that time ...lucky the roads werent busy .. The hotel was fine but a little too far to walk from the eki ...where did the other hotle go ..its been renamed gooy or something silly ...its right oposite the station..

Room Tip: Ide stay at the shinagawa prince hotle next time its right across from the station .!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business