InterContinental the Strings Tokyo is an excellent hotel with excellent service.
Although it was a little hard to find when initially arriving from Shinagawa train station (it is in fact linked by a covered walkway from the station but there are multiple covered walkways so I was unsure which one to take) once I was near the reception, a warm welcome from the staff was very nice.
There was a small wait for the room as the room was not ready so I was offered a choice of having a drink and a snack at the lobby bar or being given an alternative room while the room was being made up.
There is no actual club lounge at this hotel, and Club level services are provided in the lobby restaurant/bar. Soft drinks and little snakcs (nuts, berries etc) are available to Club Intercontinental guests free of charge in this area all day, plus evening alcoholic drinks. Service here was excellent.
The general decor of this hotel is modern and pleasant, with interesting wooden tones in the huge void area above the lobby bar area. The lobby bar area had an excellent range of spirits.
The room was not very large but of good size, and with a very good bathroom which had an unusual set up of a huge shower cubicle with a bath inside it (perhaps fairly common at Japanese hotels). Lighting level was good in the room and the bathroom.
There were also nice little extras provided within the Club InterContinental room, such as free drinks, free Internet access etc. The room, although not very large, had a nice, airy feeling to it, and felt very modern without being 'cold'.
It is certainly a good hotel with excellent service, with nice 'feel' to the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo is an island of calm amid the swirl of a fast-paced business district. Tokyo Conference Center, Shinagawa, is right here, and a sheltered walkway leads to nearby Shinagawa Station. The Sengakuji Temple, Shinagawa Aquarium, the Tsukiji fish market and the shops in Shibuya offer glimpses of local lifestyles and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Rakuten, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strings By Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- The Strings By InterContinental Tokyo Japan