The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo
$199
$119
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

$224
$180
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

$346
$188
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $244/night.

$232
Orbitz.com
$217
$95
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

Grand Hyatt Tokyo(Minato)
$376
$339
Conrad Tokyo(Minato)
$436
$377
1,259 results
All reviewsshinagawa stationnarita expresskonan exitdean and delucabullet trainoffice towerconvenient locationcovered walkwayhotel lobby isfitness roomhigh risebusiness travelersmall hotelkeikyu lineexcellent locationfantastic hotelbreakfast buffet
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is an awesome hotel. The staff is very professional and courtesy. Everything in this hotel is very modern. The rooms are smaller but I guess that is the standard for hotels in Japan. The bathroom however was spacious and very nice. The location is perfect. It is a short distance from Shinagawa Station. It less than five minute to walk, and the walk is covered in case of inclement weather. There are signs from the train station that lead to the hotel entrance. The Narita Express train will take you to and from the hotel in less than one hour. I would definitely come back to this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The location is superb, being just 2 minutes from the Shinegawa station with connections to everywhere, and a Dean & DeLuca store with excellent coffee at the Konan exit. The Strings Hotel is beautiful and well cared for, with an uncrowded and calm atmosphere. However, I found some drawbacks. While the bathrooms are roomy and well-appointed, the sleeping rooms are not that spacious. The bed is extremely comfortable, but the room gives the impression of being crowded with furniture. Surprisingly, there was no apparent provision for making coffee or tea in the room. The breakfast buffett was well provisoned but seemed to lack a wide choice of Japanese items, such as a variety of fish. I had recently stayed at the Royal Park Shiodome Hotel in Shinbashi, where the rooms were larger and the breakfast buffett well provisioned...and all at a lower price!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed 2 nights on Priority Club Rewards points as a Platinum Ambassador. Despite the points redemption, I was treated like I was a paying client, the positive comments already on tripadvisor came to life with exceptional customer service, honest hospitality and congeniality that was unmatched by many.

I arrived early at 10am, with a preceding request for an early check in, knowingly that there was no guarantee. I was kept waiting less than 30 minutes before. Room was allocated. We were provided with a Premier King Room that was adequate and reasonable in size by Tokyo standards, with a large shower area and a spa bath tub with ceiling high windows overlooking the city. It was a gorgeous room. Everything appeared efficient and well thought off. The beddings were of top quality with a very firm bed and plush quilt to my liking. Water pressure and bathroom amenities were good, and towels top notch. Turndown service everyday includes laying out hotel pyjamas for 2, chocolates by Dean & Deluca and Japanese bathrobes.

The 24 hour fitness centre, was quite small, but adequately equipped with excellent state of the art equipment, good enough for a complete workout. It had floor to ceiling windows overlooking Shinagawa station beneath a I am guessing Mount Fuij in the distance. All workout material down to shoes and socks are provided, along with towels, water and lockers. The steam room in the change room was also very enjoyable to use.

We did not have the opportunity to dine in the hotel restaurant which was nicely set up. There are numerous restaurants, Japanese and international in the vicinity, within the Shinagawa Station, Intercity Complex and also a constellation of Japanese restaurants out on the streets directly across the road from Shinagawa station - Konan exit. There is a large Isetan supermarket above Dean & Deluca. Otherwise, at Level 2 of the hotel building, there is a 7-11.

We got there by Narita Express and the hotel was fairly easy to find heading left on the Konan Exit right after Dean & Deluca. The Shinagawa Station also provides good excess to other areas of attractions nearby.

Concierge was also very helpful, although there was only 1 desk and 1 staff member most of the time. We had another client being attended to for quite sometime, and so headed on towar reception, and the reception staff was more than happy to help under the circumstances. All staff members encountered spoke good English.

I was very pleased with my stay here, close enough and easily accessible through the train network to everywhere you need to go in Tokyo, yet away from the hustle and bustle. Loads of restaurants was a bonus as well as Dean & Deluca and Starbucks being in the station makes it easy to catch on some coffee and Western bites if need be. It would have been nice if the hotel had a pool, but there was enough to keep me busy in Tokyo. I would not hesitate anyone to stay here and would love to return someday soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kenny_Cool
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night prior to a bullet (Shinkansen) train ride to Kyoto. The hotel is a couple of minutes walk from the train station where you can catch the Shinkansen, airport express to Narita airport and the local train service (JR East), so the transport links are spot on.

Tip for foreign travellers who plan to see a few parts of japan - The Japan Rail Pass is ideal and will save you plenty of yen but can only be bought in advance from your own country. A return Shinkansen trip to Kyoto almost covers the cost in itself so if you add another trip (we spent the day in Hiroshima), then you are quids in even befort you start using the same pass on local trains.

The hotel is very well presented and we received a very warm welcome on arrival. Staff were friendly and spoke English although we did try to speak basics in the lcoal lingo when we could. The room was immaculate and comfortable with fabulous views over the city from the 26th floor.

Ben Johnson the Guest Experience Manager is a legend and will listen to your planned itinerary then suggest the most effiecient order to do everything in. His knowledge is superb and he had some great suggestions for when we returned to Tokyo a few days later and emailed us information about other parts of our trip.

The hotel has good wifi in the lobby and bedrooms, which is generally not the norm around Japan which was suprising for such a technologically advanced country.

We didn't eat in the hotel but I'm sure it is good. The are so many fine eateries in the city, we wanted to eat with the locals which was both exciting and exquisite. I suggest you take a phrasebook and try to converse, it will go a long way, is not as hard as it initially may appear and in our experience resulted in a good laugh from all parties involved!

Highly recommended and if you ahve never been to Japan before, you are in for a real treat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sparra
Reviewed February 22, 2013

There were many impressive things about this hotel.

Location -
1. Walks from Shinagawa station (great place to forage on assortment of yummies).
2. One train ride on the Narita Epress (NEX) to the airport at approx USD$35 (a bargain compared to cabs).
3. Y$3200 to the Tsukiji market. But we got there at 4:30AM and hear all 120 tickets were issued by 4AM. So, no auction for us.
4. 7-11 right downstairs. (Nope not in a seedy way)

Staff -
1. Concierge guy - Ben!! Need we say more? So helpful, accommodating and did I mention patient?
2. Check in staff - always smiling.

Breakfast -
Eat it only if it's included in your room package. Otherwise, don't bother spending the USD$30+. Take your money, take a 5 minute walk and go eat at Shinagawa station. Way more satisfying price performance.

Room -
1. Size - compared to other rooms in Tokyo this is humungous.
2. Modern and control switches are so easy to use.
3. Bathroom - small, but clean and modern won me over.
4. No turn down service - :(
5. Housekeeping - I'm used to having housekeeping fold my overnight clothes on my bed. So i was a tad disappointed to come back in the PM and find my clothes just sort lying in the same spot over my made up bed. I thought that was strange. They were also a little skimp with the shower amenities.

in short - I loved this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Go ahead - get the rooms facing Mt. Fuji. On a clear day, we could see the snow-capped beauty. Don't worry about the trains, nothing ear plugs could not fix. it was worth it!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends