This is a very comfortable, no-nonsense hotel in Shinagawa, a part of Tokyo that long ago was a semi industrial quarter that now is a buzzing business district. The hotel is a covered 150 metre walk away from busy Shinagawa station. This is very handy if you have flown into Narita. Just hop on the Narita Express to Shinagawa station (itself a great transport hub from which to explore Tokyo; plus lots of cabs). Literally, minutes after you step off the train you can be registering at the front desk, which is on the 26th floor of a big office/retail complex. The lobby/restaurant/bar area is spacious, well appointed and very functional in the best Japanese style. The staff are efficient and courteous. The room I had was spacious (a good thing in Tokyo) with a great king-sized bed and a terrific shower. Importantly it was very quiet, despite the hustle and bustle outside on the streets. I recommend this place for business trips, and especially if your business is in this part of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo is an island of calm amid the swirl of a fast-paced business district. Tokyo Conference Center, Shinagawa, is right here, and a sheltered walkway leads to nearby Shinagawa Station. The Sengakuji Temple, Shinagawa Aquarium, the Tsukiji fish market and the shops in Shibuya offer glimpses of local lifestyles and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Rakuten, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strings By Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- The Strings By InterContinental Tokyo Japan