“Convenient location”

Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Sydney, Australia
“Convenient location”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great location within 5 mins covered walk from NA Rita Express stop at Shinagawa. Hotel is top few storeys only of high rise. Spotless, well decorated rooms, impeccable JP service. Close by eateries and bars. Visited a number of times during the past year and consistent experience on each occasion.

Room Tip: Room with harbour view is the pick
Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Glen B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stayed at The Strings in May 2012 on a business travel. The hotel itself is great, rooms are extremely clean and spacious (for Japan standards the size is very good), nice views, internet speed is outstanding, toiletry is high quality and I can keep going.
Breakfest was very good and it's served in the lobby area.
It's very close to Shinagawa station, so you can get to virtually everywhere within Tokyo.
I know this hotel is expensive, fortunately in my case, the company paid for it, but I assure that it is well worth it.
The area is full of offices, so you'll have lots of bars and restaurants.
On thing that I must say is that I had a problem with the shower, spoke to the front desk about this, and in a matter of minutes I had a guy from the hotel apologizing about the inconvenient and in the meantime, 2 plumbers were fixing the shower. So in 10 minutes, the issue was solved. Customer Service is excellent.
I really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Le0pic
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed at The Strings for 4 nights in December 2012 and were absolutely overwhelmed by the kindness and helpfulness of the staff. The concierge was especially helpful in helping us locate a shop which sold a particular item and made numerous phone calls on our behalf which resulted in a successful purchase. The location is perfect as anywhere can be accessed directly from Shinagawa station which is adjacent to the hotel. Our room was a complete bonus as we were in a corner room with wonderful views of Mount Fuji and beautiful sunsets. I would definitely stay at this hotel if we visit Tokyo again. Thank you The Strings!

Room Tip: Corner suites facing Mount Fuji and the sunset are the best. Second best are the rooms facing Tokyo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank annamber
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great location, great staff, great rooms, great introduction to Tokyo! The room was lovely - spacious, great view, huge bathroom. The Club Level welcome gift of fruits, treats, and wine was a great way to start the trip. As has been mentioned in several reviews, the Concierge team made the difference in our stay. We did minimal planning before arriving and Ben Johnson, the manager, was instrumental in directing us to the right places to go. The location by Shinagawa is very convenient - and there is a lot to see just walking around outside.

Room Tip: Club rooms are the way to go.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank burkemeg
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Strings is just above and next door to Shinagawa train station, which is one of the stops on the Narita Express, making this hotel wonderfully easy to get to from the airport. It's a major train station, so you can get to almost anywhere in Tokyo from Shinagawa, and there are some pretty good restaurants and attractions nearby, such as the Sengakuji Temple where the 47 Ronin are buried.

The hotel is beautiful, with a tall open atrium, lots of dark wood, and the restaurant in the center. The breakfast buffet is both large and varied, and the food was very good and fresh. The rooms are very large for Tokyo, and quite western/modern, very comfortable for at business traveler, with reliable internet access, big shower, and comfy bed. The room, like the entire hotel, was spotless.

However, what sets this hotel apart is the staff, particularly Mr. Johnson, the concierge. He's originally from Australia, and so speaks flawless English of course. His knowledge of Tokyo is extensive, and his customer service skills are among the best I've ever seen in all my travels. In my case, he went so far above and beyond normal duty that if I ever have cause to hire a personal assistant I'm going to use him as my model, as I will when I'm in a position to help someone else. After all, a hotel is more than just a bedroom, bar, lobby, and restaurant - it's the people with whom the traveler interacts that make the experience what it is.

I will not hesitate to stay here again when next I'm in Tokyo.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AlamedaMichael
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We chose this hotel based on the (small) size and convenient location, away from the hustle bustle touristy areas of Tokyo. Room is very clean and decent in size but most notably is the staff who provided excellent service. The Concierge team is incredibly accommodating and helpful in asking the right questions to understand what we need before pointing us in the right direction. Ben Johnson is one of the best concierge we have encountered in all of our business and leisure travels. He certainly made our Tokyo experience more enjoyable.

Stayed November 2012
STRINGSICTOKYO, Guest Experience Manager at The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Montikobi,

We are extremely pleased to hear that you had a great experience with us and found our location, rooms and service to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your immense compliment of my service during your stay. It is an honour to know I have made a difference to you visit. The entire staff take pride in our local knowledge to connect guests to the real Tokyo providing authentic and enriching experiences whether for business or leisure.

We truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and thank you again for such a wonderful review of our hotel.

Kind regards,

Ben Johnson
Guest Experience Manager
Grand Rapids, MI.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here for two weeks for work. Clean, quiet roomy and upscale. Very nice hotel. The staff was very kind and helpful. The room and bathroom are spacious by Tokyo standards. I was impressed with how quiet it was. I heard no noises from the hall or other rooms at all during my stay.

Location is a short walk to Shinagawa Station.

I would stay here more often but the price is too high.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
STRINGSICTOKYO, Guest Experience Manager at The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Yakimo,

Thank you very much for your long stay with us and for your wonderful 5 star review. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Shinagawa in the near future when travelling to Tokyo.

Kind regards,