This is a high-class, up-market and expensive hotel which has excellent levels of service, reasonable facilities (though not great) and a "fair" location. Its a short walk from Shinagawa railway station, which is a major hub with trains going in all directions and it also makes it easy to get to from Narita airport - a single train journey of about an hour, which is as much as one would want do after a long-haul to Tokyo. The facilities are fine, probably better than fine actually, but there's no pool and the gym is a couple of treadmills, a couple of bicycle machines and a weights machine. Every time you turn your back while in the lobby or reception area and there's somebody to help but in a way you come to expect that in Japan though in this hotel they do it better with genuine smiles and welcomes.
So why only 4 stars rather than 5 ? Its just the cost really. It was an expensive 2 nights, even pre-booked in advance with the no-cancel option. Breakfast was indeed a great buffet and I even had dinner which was superb but a hundred euro for brekkie and dinner is just a bit outside my range, so I give it 4 because its a 4 from me. If you've got the budget and can afford it then its a 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo is an island of calm amid the swirl of a fast-paced business district. Tokyo Conference Center, Shinagawa, is right here, and a sheltered walkway leads to nearby Shinagawa Station. The Sengakuji Temple, Shinagawa Aquarium, the Tsukiji fish market and the shops in Shibuya offer glimpses of local lifestyles and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Rakuten, Agoda, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strings By Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- The Strings By InterContinental Tokyo Japan