Massive hotel with large, vibrant and impressive reception lobby. Easy check in and upgraded to a club room with access to club lounge. Highly recommend doing this, we paid an extra £40 per night for both of us and this included free cocktails and canapes from 5pm until 8pm every night and a decent breakfast in the morning. As prices for alcohol in Japan (and everything else!) are expensive, having 3 hours of champagne and nibbles between 2 of us every night seemed like a bargain for £40!! Plus we got a a gorgeous room with an amazing view of Tokyo.
Enough of the alcohol...the location is fine, a bit of a trek over to the west of Tokyo which is probably a more vibrant area but this area was more in the business centre and felt really safe, very smart and clean. About a 10 minute walk away was Akasaka (?) district which has loads of restaurants (mainly Japanese but some European and Asian) and a couple of good bars. Its quite a vibrant area in the evening.
I would recommend this hotel, it might seem quite business like and smart for tourists but it was a lovely start to our honeymoon. There is also a roof top pool and a fitness centre - we didn't try either but they looked good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location is everything in a busy city, and ANA InterContinental Tokyo has one of the best. In Ark Hills near Akasaka, Roppongi and Kasumigaseki, the hotel provides easy access to Tokyo Metro stations, government agencies and financial institutions. The Imperial Palace, Senso-ji Temple, Ginza shopping district and the Mori Art Museum are short distances away. Our Club InterContinental Lounge is unique to the city, offering unparalleled levels of service and sweeping views of Tokyo and Mt. Fuji, whilst located away from the bustling metropolis below on level 35 of the hotel. The Club Lounge is a perfect retreat whether it be for business or leisure and offers the following exclusive benefits: ■Personalised welcome and departure service in the Lounge ■Gourmet continental breakfast daily ■Afternoon refreshments ■Evening cocktails and canapes ■Use of our private meeting room for up to two hours (subject to availability) with custom built video-conferencing system ■All day refreshments ■Personalized Club InterContinental concierge and business services ■Shower facilities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Rakuten, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ana Intercontinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- Ana Intercontinental Tokyo Japan