“Excellent Hotel, Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ana Intercontinental Tokyo

Ana Intercontinental Tokyo
Ranked #16 of 106 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Hotel, Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed in this property for 4 days on business and was very pleased. It was beautiful, very clean and service was outstanding. I only give it four stars because of value but this is Tokyo, but I depending on your needs it is very worthwhile.

Location was excellent to my office and just a short walk to Roppongi. There is also a convenience store across the street and a market in the adjoining building.

I did not try any dining options other than room service the first night, which was good(Japanese curry). The buffet looked very good, but I cannot see myself spending $65.00 for any buffet regardless of what they were serving, but this is more of a personal choice.

Overall Great Stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Scpenquin
ANAICTYO, Manager at Ana Intercontinental Tokyo, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Scpenquin,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with us. We greatly appreciate your positive comments on the ANA InterContinental Tokyo and are pleased to know that you enjoyed staying with us.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and we are look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the very near future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed here for five nights while staying in Japan. Everything about the hotel is top notch - the rooms are big and comfortable and have everything you need, the restaurant and bar are really good, concierge very helpful and the location is great as it's right next to a tube station.

I cannot fault this place and would recommend to anyone looking for a place to spend a few nights in Tokyo.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MitchManchester
Dear MitchManchester,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are delighted to receive your lovely comments regarding our great location.Thank you also for your feedback regarding our Concierge team which we have shared with them.
We look forward to again being your preferred hotel choice when you next visit Tokyo.

Kind regards,

Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

luxury hotel... take a high floor room to get good view.. located at the metro station and many indian restaurants nearby... at the best ... many restaurants available in the hotel itself.. the room size was small may be due to japansese standards

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
ANAICTYO, Manager at Ana Intercontinental Tokyo, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear gauravagarwal22 ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us from your recent visit, we greatly appreciate your positive comments on the ANA InterContinental Tokyo, which have also been shared with our team.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon on your next visit to Tokyo.

Long Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband, myself and our 3 college kids stayed here while touring Asia. We are from Chicago so we know big prices and we have traveled all over the world and stay in only 5 star hotels. This hotel was. Rey nice and the staff was extremely helpful, but we did not like that wifi was not included in the room price. We ended up getting the executive package that included breakfast in the executive lounge and free wifi. We had 2 rooms so it was 1309.00 usd extra for 5 days, which is a lot for breakfast and wifi. A room service pizza was 26.00. The hotel was beautiful and the room was nice and clean, not large but comfortable. We were a 10 minute cab ride to Ginza for shopping. The ana intercontinental is in more of a financial district vs a shopping or nightlife business. They do have a knowledgeable person at the business office who was able to ship our packages back home to the USA. They also have a cash machine and currency converter machine in the lobby which was wonderful and the teppanyaki restaurant was delicious.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
ANAICTYO, Manager at Ana Intercontinental Tokyo, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Mutton1023,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We greatly appreciate your positive comments on the ANA InterContinental Tokyo and are pleased to know that you enjoyed staying with us. We have shared your comment with our restaurant manager and team also. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to Tokyo.

With kind regards,

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

At first sight this is a nicely decorated hotel, but a further look and a long stay shows lack of attention to details and average service.
- Room was dusty, and sheets were stained.
- Bathroom walls have yellow stains.
- Concierge is very average in knowledge and kindness. Hospitality does not seem genuine.
- Room key constantly broke.
- Steam room available only for men, and they do not think that's a problem!
- Mediocre room service. I ordered a curry, portion was very small and I found a hair in my meal. What they called Naan bread was dried pita.
Japan is known for great hospitality and food, shame that the ANA does not keep up.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank TravellingSkirt
Dear TravellingSkirt,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again on this trip and for your feedback also.
We truly appreciate your comments which we have shared with our entire management team for their immediate review and correction as we continually seek improvement in our overall guest experience.

We hope that we will have another chance to welcome you again on your next visit Tokyo.

Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I'm currently staying here with my boyfriend as we needed one week accommodation before we move out of Tokyo (so I am writing this as someone who lives in Tokyo). We chose this hotel because it was close to our offices and previous apartment. Also my future mother-in-law also stayed here for a few days in a different room. Her room was smaller and cheaper but still nice enough.

The overall look and feeling of the hotel is nice, lovely lighting and ok perfume smell as you walk into the hotel. I'm a sensory person in this way and it is always a nice feeling of relief when I come back "home". The finishing looks a bit dated though; carpet is not very nice and the bathrooms in the rooms are plasticky and budget feeling for the price you pay.

The staff try to accommodate and give good service, but seem limited in their problem solving ways until we went to someone who seemed like a Manager.

For example, it took us three tries to check in due to some mixup with our reservation. We couldn't get a double bed, ok, sure, two beds is no problem. They then put us on a smoking floor (19th floor - even though it is a non-smoking room, it was very strong smoking smell...I mean we're on a smoking floor!). We asked to be changed to a non-smoking floor and the room (12th floor, I believe) looked like a downgrade, despite being the same "type" of room (smaller room, smaller 2 beds), which is pretty disappointing for the price, actually.

We went down again, and being our third try and exhausted, went straight to a very polite manager-looking gentleman and he sorted us out right away with an upgraded room on the 24th floor, nicer view, one large bed for the both of us. The quality, space and room was noticeably better, but theoretically costed more than what we were already paying (and if we had to pay it, just doesn't seem worth it).

Location-wise, it is convenient if you want to stay around Roppongi and your office is nearby. There are two stations close enough to walk to if you want to take the train to other areas, and taxi's aren't that painful if you need.

A couple things that really bother me:
* No sauna for women. It clearly states on their English website that there is a 24 hour fitness room and sauna facilities, yet the sauna apparently is only for men. I asked why and the lady at the front desk said for "security reasons" which does not make sense to me. It is false advertising and a huge disappointment, not to mention backwards and sexist feeling. Perhaps there is a good reason why this is, but they should have a better explanation prepared as to why.
* Internet is not free and costs over 1600 yen for 24 hours. While our room apparently was included, it was not included in my mother-in-law's room, which I find silly that a luxe hotel like the ANA would make a fuss over something like internet. If we stayed at a budget hotel, fair enough, charge for any little additional thing, but internet at a very nice business hotel? =/
* The pool is not free for hotel guests. It costs 3000 yen to enter the pool area for guests and 6000 for outside visitors. At least this is mentioned on the website but I would not bring a family here.

Overall, it feels like a nice business hotel that is a bit dated and definitely overpriced for what it is (especially with internet being extra). You're paying more for location convenience if your office is nearby and a gym if you have time. I wouldn't stay here for a romantic or on a family trip (as taking any kids to the pool would be a ridiculous expenditure).

Room Tip: Make sure your room is on a non-smoking FLOOR, not just room, if that's what you require.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank hybiscuskiss
Dear hybiscuskiss

Thank you for choosing ANA InterContinental Tokyo and for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay.
We do sincerely appreciate your comments on our hotel and are very disappointed to hear that some aspects of your stay did not meet our usual levels of high standard, which have been shared with our management team for full review.
Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service experience that we offer to our guests.
We hope that we will have another chance to welcome you again to our hotel.

Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

ANA Intercontinental is an extremely well-known top-of-the-line hotel in the heart of Tokyo. Its location is fantastic -- close to Roppongi and Ginza -- and has few of the best restaurants (including a Michelin Star one) in Japan's capital city.
But I will remember the hotel for a few small things which go a long way...
1. I was in urgent need of a adapter for my smartphone charger. I expected that I will face difficulty in explaining the thing to the staff but lo! The lady in question not only understand what I wanted in a jiffy, I had the adapter in my hand within a few minutes. I was relieved because I needed to speak to my family. And the adapter was with me for the next three days. Thank you.
2. I didn't eat at the Michelin-starred restaurant. But I had dinner at Karin, the Chinese eatery, and I can say I perhaps had the best dim sums and Sichuan rice noodles outside of China or Singapore. It was really really good. And I didn't pay a bomb.
3. The breakfast spread at the fantastic Cascade Cafe was superb, one of the best during my international stays. But I would like to thank the staff at the cafe who always greeted us with a smile, wished us well apart from delivering some of the best sausages, hams, breads and desserts. The smile and greetings made our day.
4. I missed my designated bus to the airport on the morning of my departure, though my luggage. The lady concierge assuaged me, placated my frayed nerves, put me on the next shuttle and told me where amd whom to get my luggage from.
For an Intercontinental group hotel, it is more than expected that rooms, facilities and amenities will be excellent. What prompts people to recommend friends to stay and repeat stay are these little personalised touches.

Room Tip: I was on the 17th floor facing the streeet which had a panaromic view of the criss-crossing triple l...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chiranjoy S
ANAICTYO, Manager at Ana Intercontinental Tokyo, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Chiranjoy,

Thank you again for posting your review and we hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to Tokyo.

Executive Assistant Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Park Hotel Tokyo
Hilton Tokyo
#3 of 79 in Shinjuku
4.5 of 5 stars 3,583 reviews
Royal Park Hotel The Shiodome, Tokyo

Been to Ana Intercontinental Tokyo? Share your experiences!