Stayed recently on a family holiday.
Arrived v early on overnight flight from the UK, we were allowed in to the health spa are to shower and freshen up while they got our room ready for 10:30.
The concierge desk was very helpful with arranging bookings and advising on local attractions.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Although we only stated on 7th floor overlooking the elevated motorway ther was no intrusive noise at all.
The only bad thing is the internet which is charged at Y1600 per 24hrs which seems like a money grabbing exercise. There is free wi-fi in all Starbucks in Tokyo (however you have to register before you go for the first time ( http://starbucks.wi2.co.jp/sp/sma_index_en.html ) and I have not been bombarded by spam mail.
Although the metro entrance is close to the hotel the actual platforms are quite a walk - the nearest, G line, about 300yds and the furthest, M line, about 1/2 mile
There are a number of good places to eat in the Ark Hills complex adjoining the hotel so if you are on a budget you do not need to eat in the hotel itself
The Roppongi area is only a short taxi ride away (it is uphill there and downhill back so we tended to taxi there and walk back) where there are many places to eat ranging from a Hard Rock cafe through to the traditional Japanese restaurants (see other of my reviews for two good ones).
We would definately go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location is everything in a busy city, and ANA InterContinental Tokyo has one of the best. In Ark Hills near Akasaka, Roppongi and Kasumigaseki, the hotel provides easy access to Tokyo Metro stations, government agencies and financial institutions. The Imperial Palace, Senso-ji Temple, Ginza shopping district and the Mori Art Museum are short distances away. Our Club InterContinental Lounge is unique to the city, offering unparalleled levels of service and sweeping views of Tokyo and Mt. Fuji, whilst located away from the bustling metropolis below on level 35 of the hotel. The Club Lounge is a perfect retreat whether it be for business or leisure and offers the following exclusive benefits: ■Personalised welcome and departure service in the Lounge ■Gourmet continental breakfast daily ■Afternoon refreshments ■Evening cocktails and canapes ■Use of our private meeting room for up to two hours (subject to availability) with custom built video-conferencing system ■All day refreshments ■Personalized Club InterContinental concierge and business services ■Shower facilities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Rakuten, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Ana Intercontinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- Ana Intercontinental Tokyo Japan