If you put aside the high price of everything (face it, if you accept the fact that there is a $27 room service burger, then you accept the pricing), this property is lovely. The staff is unfailingly polite and helpful. Beds: big and comfortable - I had a king, which can be a treat in Asia.
The room is big enough and well appointed. Bedding, towels and amenities up to snuff. The ability to get a decent amount of hot water and a nice soaking tub. An external coffee shop with the desserts of a French patisserie. I managed not to indulge but was up against it repeatedly. Missing: in room free water. It's not a requirement, but it is a nice to have.
Very cosmopolitan feel, and well appointed, clean spaces (of course, this is Japan, so what did you expect - as an example, I left my room key outside during a conversation - someone turned it in and then tracked me down...safe, lovely, kind...)
When you want to eat, and don't want something nearly as pricey, you have 10 or more choices right out the lobby door and in the little mall next door.
You don't even need to drink the $6 bottles of coke from your mini-bar, as there is a 24 hour grocery store out the first floor and across the parking lot. (I am not cheap, I just prefer to spend my money on better things than overpriced hotel food). There is good Chinese and Soup Stock Tokyo.
There are other hotels nearer our offices, but this one is in my top 5 for Tokyo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location is everything in a busy city, and ANA InterContinental Tokyo has one of the best. In Ark Hills near Akasaka, Roppongi and Kasumigaseki, the hotel provides easy access to Tokyo Metro stations, government agencies and financial institutions. The Imperial Palace, Senso-ji Temple, Ginza shopping district and the Mori Art Museum are short distances away. Our Club InterContinental Lounge is unique to the city, offering unparalleled levels of service and sweeping views of Tokyo and Mt. Fuji, whilst located away from the bustling metropolis below on level 35 of the hotel. The Club Lounge is a perfect retreat whether it be for business or leisure and offers the following exclusive benefits: ■Personalised welcome and departure service in the Lounge ■Gourmet continental breakfast daily ■Afternoon refreshments ■Evening cocktails and canapes ■Use of our private meeting room for up to two hours (subject to availability) with custom built video-conferencing system ■All day refreshments ■Personalized Club InterContinental concierge and business services ■Shower facilities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, JAPANiCAN, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Ana Intercontinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- Ana Intercontinental Tokyo Japan