“Review for Mixx Lounge”

Ana Intercontinental Tokyo
Ranked #17 of 118 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Fabulous view for Tokyo skyline. Comfortable setting and romantic. Beware of crazy rules on happy hour. And the female wait staff with a huge attitude. Ordered a rum and coke which was a happy hour item. But was told since I requested diet coke vs regular coke it was full price! Really? Upon check out I requested a comment card. Front desk had no comment cards and handed me a piece of paper. Really?

Will drink my rum and diet coke at the Hyatt next business trip.

• Stayed: November 2012
ANAInterContinental, Brand Experience & Quality Manager at Ana Intercontinental Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. Upon investigation, there seems to be some misunderstanding of our happy hour. We do not differ in price between coke and diet coke. Simply we do differ in pricing before, during & after prescribe happy hour set times which appears to be the case. Thank you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,708)

Reviewed November 9, 2012

It was a good decision choosing this hotel, strategically located at the heart of Tokyo, two subway lines and everywhere is just a taxi away (famous places and landmarks) not far so its inexpensive...diverse food and restaurants within the hotel complex, michelin grade resto as well..and the service wow! its customer delight... can communicate well in English, can arrange your itinerary, plan your vacation and rescue you in stressful situation while travelling...

Room Tip: higher rooms commands a great view of the city...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
ANAInterContinental, Brand Experience & Quality Manager at Ana Intercontinental Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

It is great to hear that you enjoyed our service and location.
And thank you for sharing this on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was a great place to base ourselves whilst visiting Tokyo - the sights and attractions of Tokyo are quite spread out but this hotel is located next to a subway station so we found it very easy to get around. Taxis in Tokyo are very expensive so the proximity to transport is a big plus. The hotel itself is beautiful, with comfortable rooms and good food. The service we received was excellent. I didn't like the pillows much but they seem to be an Intercontinental standard - they are extremely soft. The hotel offers a reasonably priced airport transfer service which was helpful for us too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
ANAInterContinental, Guest Relations Manager at Ana Intercontinental Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank-you for the great comments and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Feather pillow is our standard but also several types of pillow are available.
Airport Limousine bus is 3,000yen one way. From Airport, our hotel is the first stop. Also To Airport, our hotel is the last stop. So it will save your time.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed for two days at the ANA Hotel in Akasaka Tokyo some time ago. It was a very nice experience. The staff were most gracious as one would expect in Japan. I loved my single room. My room was on the 21st floor and the view was magnificent. I could see Tokyo Tower from my window and this was particularly pleasing on the eyes at night time. I even had a Japanese toilet that was like sitting on Captain Kirk's seat in Star Trek. There were so many buttons on it and you could heat the seat ,etc. A new experience for me. There are many bars and restaurants in this hotel and the decor is excellent throughout the hotel. The breakfast consisted of a buffet meal and there was a wide choice from Japanese to Western food. The hotel is well situated and accessable to all public transport. I really enjoyed my stay there and will return again.

Room Tip: I stayed at this hotel on a special rate. It was available throughout December.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank 93Carol

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
I am also really happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast in our award winning all day buffet restaurant!
Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is very expensive, the rooms are quite noisy from the expressway outside and the rumbling lifts that seem to be audible from most rooms. Worst of all, I was charged >5000 Yen for a 4-minute international phonecall, and when I emailed them to complain, I still have not had a satisfactory response almost 2 weeks later.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank j-ho_NI

Firstly thank you for choosing ANA InterContinental Tokyo.
We are very disappointed to hear that you were not satisfy with our telephone charge.
Installing a phone line cost much because of we have to pay the basic charge everymonth.
That is why hotel's telephone access fee is more expensive in general way.
Please refer the price list that we had send you last week.
Thank you for sharing your comments and We hope have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

When I booked my trip for October 2012 in 2011, I didn't realize I would be in competition for rooms against the huge IMF meeting that was occurring in Tokyo. The hotel was packed with IMF delegates while I stayed there, but I never felt rushed or ignored by the staff. Coming from the US where you receive indifferent, surly service from hotel staff, the ANA Intercontinental staff was refreshing. As a western US resident, I hardly walk (essentially drive everywhere). Walking to and from the Tameike-Sanno subway station and sightseeing wiped me out. The bamboo "Japanese Traditional Foot Massager" in the room was a godsend to soothe the aching arches. In the US, mid/upper hotels usually will sell you things like duvets, sheets, mattresses, and anything in the hotel room if you like them. Since I fell in love with the bamboo foot massager, I asked the concierge if the hotel sold it. No, they do not. But the awesome concierge directed me to the nearest TokyuHands where I could purchase something similar. Rooms are spacious by Tokyo standards. Rooms are pricey, but in line with similar properties near central Tokyo. Breakfast buffet is made to order. Menu doesn't change very much from day to day, but it beats trying to find a place to eat when your feet ache (yes, there's a lot of cheaper alternatives, but you have to walk to them, and when your feet are killing you it's just nice to be an elevator ride away from a nice meal.)

Room Tip: I didn't realize that had I gotten the "city" view we might have been able to see the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your staying with us and taking time to feedback.
Your comment will be a great encouragement to councierge team.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Love staying at this hotel. As an Ambassador member they treat you special the whole time you're here.

The hotel is very nice and the rooms are kept clean and up to date.

The hotel is also very central to most major Tokyo businesses and government locations. (A few minutes on the Metro- at most).

This hotel is my #1 and only choice when I come to Tokyo for business.

Room Tip: Be an Intercontinental Ambassador- upgraded room, free wifi, and free breakfast.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PMarquez76

Thank you for your great feedback and for your loyalty to ANA InterContinental Tokyo.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the stay with us.
Yes we are situated in a convenient location for both business and leisure travelers.
Also very accessible to the airport. Airport Limousine Bus stop at the first hotel in downtown hotels.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Shinjuku
#1 of 118 in Minato
Royal Park Hotel The Shiodome, Tokyo
Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier

Been to Ana Intercontinental Tokyo? Share your experiences!