“An excellent business hotel in Tokyo's business district”

Ana Intercontinental Tokyo
Ranked #18 of 118 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed twice on separate nights at this hotel in September in transit to other destinations in Japan. The rooms were spacious, super clean, comfortable and very well appointed. The rooms were very quiet, and no intrusion whatsoever was noticeable from neighbouring rooms. The staff was extremely helpful. I was able to leave one of my bags in storage for 4 days whilst I travelled light to another destination in Japan before returning, free of charge. I used room service twice, which was delivered very swiftly, was delicious and reasonably priced. I paid the equivalent of £200 for the room, excluding extras such as room service, minibar and note that internet access is not free, which is disappointing for such a prominent business hotel. This would be my one criticism. I did not eat in the restaurant, as there are more convivial and cheaper alternatives in the eatery couryard at the back of the hotel.

There is a shuttle service which is bookable to Narita and Haneda airports, it is advisable to book this service when you check in, to avoid last minute hick ups with lack of space. Note that Narita is at least a 90 minute ride from the hotel, and can take up to 2 hours in heavy traffic, the cost each way is 3000 yens. For Haneda, I recommend a taxi to or from the Monorail terminal (about 1000 yens) and 15 minutes away, which itself will take you straight into Haneda at a fraction of the price and in about 20 minutes.

I would recommend this hotel for business travellers.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,703)

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Its central location in Minato-ku, within an easy walk to Roppongi, the Diet, U.S. Embassy etc is very convenient. I formerly lived in Tokyo, and whenever we had visitors we would put them up at the ANA. I went back for the first time in seven years (and stayed in the hotel for four days) and found that the hotel, while still pretty nice, is not in the same league of service that it once was. It was perfectly fine, but perhaps not on the same level as say the Okura.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Have stayed in this hotel for every one of my 7 business trip to Tokyo. It has been excellent with good locations and condition of the room. On this recent visit, I start to feel the hotel room is a bit dated. Maybe because they put me in a smoking room as the non smoking floor is fully booked. Also as the service attitude throughout Japan is excellent, a slightly less warm receptionist does stand out. I do feel there are better value options. However as a corporate hotel, it is hard to fault the location, right next to the Akasaka business district and walking distance to all the government buildings and palace.

Room Tip: They do have rooms with views to Tokyo tower and Roppongi. But this time they did give me a room wit...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ana Intercontinental Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Sherwood666,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you liked our excellent location; we are minutes from the diplomatic and business hubs of Tokyo, plus with the metro conveniently located near to the hotel, we are the perfect base to move around Tokyo with ease. I am sorry that you felt a little disappointed that your room this stay was a bit dated. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world class service to our guests.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We where slightly concerned after reading several negative reviews, but from the minute we arrived to the minute we left we could not fault this lovely hotel at all.
Yes, it was very busy, but everything was done in a calm relaxed manner.
The staff where very attentive, well mannered and extremely knowledgable.
Our room was lovely with stunning views.
We ate in the Steak Resturant one evening, the food, service, atmosphere all added up to be a most enjoyable evening. An extra bonus, two people could dine and you only paid for one.
Although I would advise everyone to check their bill as they simply 'forgot the offer' until we pointed out to them they had charged us for two!!
Agree with everyone else regarding the exorbitant charge to use the pool area, it just should not happen and needs to be addressed, especially as the changing area for both men and women was absolutely disgraceful and really lets the place down.
There are a few very good shops in the hotel, it is worth continuing into the open courtyard area where there are numerous shops and resturants all realistically priced.
All in all an enjoyable finish to our tour of China and Japan.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Visited again this past week. Things are still just on par. Glad to see the art work of regional southeast Asian artists back. Still not pleased with the french inspired Pierre Gagnaire restaurant and pastry shop. I got the mid sized room and it is a a very fair price. The location of the ANA is perfect for my visit situation near our offices and advisors. But, I would switch to staying at a Marriott if they only had a property nearby.

Room Tip: Get the midsized. The small are broom closets, and the large are not worth the money. Do recommend...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Normally I stay on the business floors and have access to the level 35 lounge. New management in the last 6 months has resulted in a vast improvement particularly in the lounge breakfast. I stay there about once every six weeks for the last five ears. Rooms are good as are bathrooms albeit a little small but on par with the other hotels in Tokyo. Good location .

Room Tip: Get a room with a separate shower and bath
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Everything about this hotel is good. The are other better hotels in Tokyo, but the Ana is great for coming to do business. The rooms are good, the breakfast great, the Internet fast, and e hotel is well located in the right part of Tokyo to do business.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Shinjuku
#1 of 118 in Minato
Royal Park Hotel The Shiodome, Tokyo
Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier

Been to Ana Intercontinental Tokyo? Share your experiences!