The club lounge is impressive in this hotel, which itself has a rather sensual, luxurious atmosphere. Located on the 35th floor (top floor 36 offers a selection of high-end restaurants/bars), this is by far the largest club lounge in Tokyo and spacious by any standard. Canapes and alcoholic beverages in the evening are of good quality though champagne is notably not offered. Breakfast features an "egg menu" though I was told a cheese omelette was not possible -- no problem, the wide selection of breakfast cheeses allowed me to place the cheeses of my choice directly into a freshly-made omelette which was hot enough to melt the cheese to a delicious texture.
The lounge is quiet with attentive, efficient service, and the subdued noise level is partly due to the average customer age of 40-plus with a surprising number of even older couples on weekends. No problem if you're alone like a third of the crowd -- the lounge tends to be busy and you won't stand out.
I can't comment on the club floor rooms as the hotel gave me an upgrade to a Japanese-type tatami mat suite with 2 low-rise Western style beds. It looked like a zen temple. The original upgrade was to a executive suite but these were fully booked during my stay and the hotel apologized for the "downgrade." To be honest, I liked the peaceful feel of the Japanese suite as it was not cluttered by furniture while subtle tones and motiffs provided a relaxed decor. Wifi is complimentary with all club floor rooms and in the lounge. If a club lounge is important to you, this along with the Prince Park Tower are amongst the best Tokyo has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location is everything in a busy city, and ANA InterContinental Tokyo has one of the best. In Ark Hills near Akasaka, Roppongi and Kasumigaseki, the hotel provides easy access to Tokyo Metro stations, government agencies and financial institutions. The Imperial Palace, Senso-ji Temple, Ginza shopping district and the Mori Art Museum are short distances away. Our Club InterContinental Lounge is unique to the city, offering unparalleled levels of service and sweeping views of Tokyo and Mt. Fuji, whilst located away from the bustling metropolis below on level 35 of the hotel. The Club Lounge is a perfect retreat whether it be for business or leisure and offers the following exclusive benefits: ■Personalised welcome and departure service in the Lounge ■Gourmet continental breakfast daily ■Afternoon refreshments ■Evening cocktails and canapes ■Use of our private meeting room for up to two hours (subject to availability) with custom built video-conferencing system ■All day refreshments ■Personalized Club InterContinental concierge and business services ■Shower facilities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Rakuten, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ana Intercontinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- Ana Intercontinental Tokyo Japan