“Excellent Service, Large Room, So-So Location”

InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay
Ranked #12 of 117 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed December 7, 2009

I really liked this hotel overall. The service was great, and breakfast and internet were included in the rate I got over the internet. We left for three days, and they held our large suitcases for us while we were gone. The rooms were large, room service was decent, and they had the Herald-Tribune waiting for us every morning. The view from both rooms we had was great.

There's no conceirge, though, so I had to ask the front desk for both restaurant recommendations and to make reservations for me at places I had mapped out myself. They were less than stellar with area restaurant recommendations, but did call to make bookings for me at the places I had chosen myself.

My only other complaint is that it's not in a super lively location, but I did know that when I booked it. It's a quick 10 minute walk to the JR Yamanote line, and one stop to Ginza. But if you're tired and just want a quick bite, there's not a lot to chose from in walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank PassportGirl75
Write a ReviewReviews (1,511)

Reviewed November 17, 2009

Great room with excellent cleanliness , great food and great service with reasonable promotional room rates offer available online or through agents . The only thing is at night there are nothing much surrounding the hotel, but just 2 train station away in Shinbashi is a lively place and lots of eatery around. Convinient too if you don't mind to hop on the train. There are 3 train or subway lines available nearby too. One of the line's (Yurikamome line) Takeshiba station is directly link to the hotel and the other line staion is about 10 minutes walk from the hotel ) Depends on where you want to go, basically in 10-20 minutestrain ride, you can reach places like Shinjuku, Shibuya, or Roppongi.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I find all hotels in Tokyo overpriced. The 2 Intercon (the other is the ANA) hotels I have been to however were fair compared to some others.

The rooms were nice and big by Japan standard. The hotel is located about 15 minutes walk from the nearest subway station.

Not much more to say, typical 5 stars hotel. I preferred the ANA (See other review)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Check in process was painful as we arrived an hour early and staff were not very helpful They then gave us smoking rooms - we hadn't specified non smoking but surely no Western guests ever want smoking rooms any more? After check in the rooms were good, and there were always plenty of staff on hand to help, but the restaurant/cafe was overpriced and service was patchy. Also, you had to sign up to the hotel loyalty scheme to use the fitness facilities, and wireless internet wasn't free in either rooms or lobby.

As a business hotel this is OK but there must be loads that offer better customer experience, but for leisure travellers I would recommend something nearer the centre with more character.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed September 19, 2009

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Service in Tokyo tends to be top-notch to begin with, so it didn't come as a surprise that service at this high end hotel was stellar, almost obsequious. The staff's English ability was satisfactory, and all interactions were handler with the utmost of respect and professionalism. Also unexpected, but nevertheless appreciated, was the spotlessly clean room, re-stocked with plenty 'o amenities each day.

The location, while very good, was not excellent, as the hotel was about a 7-10 minute walk to a useful train station. The station right at the hotel is of limited usefulness, as it primarily geared towards people going to nearby Odaiba.

Though I wish I could overlook my one big gripe, I just can't: No matter how many times I compained about the room temperature, I got nothing much more than lip services. I had the temperature set to 16 C the whole time I was there, yet I could swear it never got much below 27, maybe 26. They kept telling me it would get cooler, but i'm sure they were centrally controlling the temperature, and were too cheap to allow me to set it lower than 26. At night, when they were in EXTRA savings mode, they seemed to turn the a/c off in the elevators entirely, resulting in a sauna-like atmosphere, where you would just stare at the floor indicator, urging the car to move faster.

While I'm griping a bit, two more things: Internet costs around $20 a day! And the fitness room doesn't seem to be open to guests, which seems quite odd.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kevboy
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Hotel is 10min walk to Hamamatsucho subway/monorail/JR station. Very convenient to travel around the city. Monorail goes to Tokyo Airport (not Narita). Hotel has umbrellas to lend to guests. Breakfast buffet was great but not over the top. Rooms were comfortable. Shuttle service to Narita Airport available (ask the concierge). High speed internet is very expensive and works only for one computer. That is, you cannot use another laptop with the same account. An ethernet cable is recommended as WiFi is not available in all rooms. Plenty of restaurants and convenience stores available within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business