Intercontinental Tokyo Bay is an utter disappointment. The hotel is in desperate need of modernization and fresh impulses. I honestly can not understand why Intercontinental has not rebranded or closed down this hotel. It is clearly not in any way a 5 star property and far from being of the standard one should expect from Intercontinental.
Don´t be fooled by the apparently low nightly rates. There is a reason, or perhaps many, for that:
1) The rooms are in desperate need of modernization, they have hardly been updated since the early 90s, the bathrooms are especially bad. Notice the terrible combination of cheap purple pillows and outdated furniture.
2) The breakfast is not up to the standards, it has a minimum selection of toast, machine made coffee and eggs only. Please also notice how other reviewers have complained about the breakfast. Still nothing has happened despite several promises from Intercontinental case managers.
3) Facilities close early and do not cater to traveller needs at all. It is pretty much impossible to order drinks, coffee, snacks and other necessities after 9:30 pm. This is unacceptable in a 5 star hotel.
4) The room service menu is not tempting. Try ordering something as simple as a ham&cheese or club sandwich and you will quickly discover that they don´t have any. You will instead have to go with today´s soup or the terrible "pork cuttlet sandwich". Not good.
5) The A/C is not good enough, there is moist air in the rooms and a bad smell.
On the positive side: location is ok and close to Haneda airport. The concierge service is really good. Staff is smiling, helpful and polite.
Spend your money elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You can practically feel the heartbeat of the city from the impressive InterContinental Tokyo Bay. Convenient for business or pleasure travel, the hotel puts you in easy reach of business, shopping and entertainment centres including the World Trade Center Tokyo, Shiodome and Ginza. The Imperial Palace and Shiki Theatre provide tastes of culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, IHG, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Tokyo Bay
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay Japan