Simply speaking, I could not understand why this hotel claims it is an international brand hotel.
Most of staff in this hotel seemed not understand English fully while the hotel camouflaging itself as a part of international hotel group.
Please mind not to stay in this hotel during weekends. This hotel seems to be famous for local wedding services. The lobby was filled with the wedding guests for the with noises. Also, the wedding convention guests easily conquer four hotel elevators unfortunately designed to share for all conventions and hotel guest rooms. Never experinced this long waiting time in the elevatory hall in other international hotels.
This hotel commands a very nice bay and a big bridge (which looks like Golden Gate bridge in SFC) views. That's the only pros I found for this hotel. This hotel is not in the romantic bay view area. The surroundings are very non-romantic only seen box style office buildings and with only two convenient stores. Many reviewers seened to have mixed opinions about the location value of the hotel. Location itself is more for office leasing than for hotel operation..
Furthermore, a lady at the front desk yesterday acted very strangly and made me question about the IHG's true efforts to keepi the standards of staff quality.
(My case) The front desk staff and I had mis-communication (I guess.. she could not understand English well..) for changing rooms from a smoking to a non-smoking room. She insisted that I preferred a smoking room... I said, "No... You might be misunderstood". I added that I could wait more until another non-smoking room was ready if there was some miscommunication between us. Suddenly, she threw the pen, room keys and tore my earlier registration sheet with a big noise just in front of me. I was too embrassed to say any words. Yes. miscommunication can happen.. However, this is not what we do not expect from the staff of IHG brand hotels. Like other frequent reviewers I have stayed at many hotels around the world including Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and never been treated like this.
The worst thing to me was that it just happeded at the very first day of my vacation in Japan.
Recommend for Japanese travelers outside Tokyo area who has strong interests in Odaiba recreation facilities. STRONGLY NOT RECOMMEND FOR ANY NON-JAPANESE TRAVELERS, especailly for travelers who cannot have space to endure poor English speaking staff in the so-called 4 or 4.5 star international brand hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You can practically feel the heartbeat of the city from the impressive InterContinental Tokyo Bay. Convenient for business or pleasure travel, the hotel puts you in easy reach of business, shopping and entertainment centres including the World Trade Center Tokyo, Shiodome and Ginza. The Imperial Palace and Shiki Theatre provide tastes of culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Rakuten, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Tokyo Bay
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay Japan