“Fab hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 106 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
“Fab hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights end of June and can't find fault, everything was spot on especially the bed & pillows, such a good nights sleep despite the jet lag. I highly recommend a walk to the rainbow bridge, it's easy to get to on foot and you can walk over on the north side and cross over and walk back the south side, the views are amazing and take a camera as there a photo platform every so often on the bridge

Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

It's all an illusion. Great service, yes. Doormen with white gloves who run to open the electric automatic doors which would have opened anyway. Amazing interior has a museum like quality to it. The bathroom was simply amazing. Our floor had restricted access so i needed to put my key into the slot just to press my floor. Which prompts the first question, How is that useful as anyone who doesn't have a room key for the upper floors would not be able to do much in the hallway anyway?

The air-conditioning was weak and did not remove the humidity from the air. I needed to shower before and after sleeping and never got a rest from the humidity of the Tokyo rainy season. A bottle of soda from the mini bar was six dollars, which was actually half the amount they charged in the lounge, if they would seat you at all. Few chairs in the lobby.

All of the restaurants were outrageously expensive. The thirty dollar breakfast buffet consisted of pancakes and waffles which sat like bricks in my stomach. The lounge upstairs charged a fee for admission and their drink prices were again over the top.

Our floor was one of the few which had complementary WiFi, which was the only perk we had. True to other luxury hotels, the more you pay the more services they fail to provide at a reasonable cost.

Room Tip: There was a constant banging overhead which might have been coming from the lounge on the 20th floor...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank HenryLINY
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear HenryLINY,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am happy to hear that you found our staff helpful. On the other hand, I am disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Blyth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed here on our final night in Tokyo and received an upgrade to a room with an incredible view over the bay – This was stunning both at night and in the morning.

The room was lovely, all the bells and whistles you expect to find in a hotel of this standing.

The only downsides were the distance from the subway and when we were leaving I felt that we were ushered out a little “too efficiently”, almost to the point of being rushed.

All in all, though it was a really good hotel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank BlythLambo
Singapore River, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Overall the hotel is a nice one with a very luxury finish. Close to transportation and good central location. Our room had a great view of the bay and it was very clean and nice. The room service was very slow though as 3 times during our stay we had to call to get it service.

My largest problem with the hotel is the customer service is awful. They were rude and condensing which is very odd considering I have been to Japan many times and have always as a good experience. Note that even though I was a gold member this was still the case.

The last thing was that I left a toiletry bag at the hotel and they wanted to charge me US$50 to ship it to me. Now if I was just a one-time guess I would not mind paying for this. I am actually a Gold member that has stayed at their hotel every week. They would not budge on charging me a mark-up on shipping my toiletry to my place. I will never stay at a Intercontinental hotel again as Hilton would have no issue with this.

If you are looking for a place in Japan I would advise not to stay here as you will not get the typical Japanese hospitality that you would expect.

Room Tip: Ask for a window facing the bay
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank 962hayden
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear 962hayden,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Gold Member and taking the time to write us a review. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Warm Regards,

Charisse V
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Located on the Tokyo side of Tokyo Bay, this hotel has easy access either by the Yurikamome train line, a 10 min stroll from JR Hamamatsucho railway line, or a shuttle bus also from Hamamatsucho.

Staff are extremely attentive and helpful, and were a big help when I inadvertently left my headphones at the hotel after I had checked-out!

The hotel is a little bit dated, but still extremely comfortable, and well worth the stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheLongestHair
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

You get everything you expect from a hotel at this level. The staff are excellent and you are really close to the city and the main stations to travel around. It's also very close to the fish market (about a 30 min walk or about 10 bucks in a taxi) the rooms are good but not superb hence my 4 star rating

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LPandHowie
Jimbaran, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Love the view from the room, Tokyo Bay. Easy access to go around by JR, Mono Rail, and any other public transport.
Getting on monorail from Haneda Airport is very easy. Get off at World Trade Center, and take hotel shuttle bus for a very short ride, particularly if we bring suitcase. In fact, a very short walk to hotel from bus terminal beneath WTC Tokyo.

Special thanks to Ms. Kara, for helping me the hassle printing Disneyland ticket in such a rush.

Love the hotel people, love the hotel products.

Perhaps the owner of this hotel might re-consider the chair at working desk. It is not comfortable for long seating. I work hard also from this beautiful room of Intercontinental Tokyo Bay.

We follow a suggestion from front desk people to spent one evening in Odaiba area, a short ride on mono rail.
A nice walk in Odaiba and its surrounding for shopping and meals time.

To reach Narita Airport, we took a bus which is arranged and booked through hotel concierge.
It is very much well organized, including tagging our suitcases.
Every thing is almost punctual here in Japan.

We will come back in the future to Intercontinental Tokyo Bay, another truly Japanese hospitality, InterContinental way.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family