I was in Tokyo the last week in January for some meetings nearby and chose the hotel for it's proximity.
We arrived at Haneda Airport at about 11 pm and were on the 11:38 Monorail to Hamamatsucho Station and took a taxi to the hotel which was only about 5 minutes away and less than JPY1000. It is walkable, but it was late, and very cold, and I had a significant amount of luggage with me. I was in my room by 12:10am.
I was upgraded as an IHG Ambassador and was impressed by the size of the room. The view of Tokyo Bay was fantastic. A large picture window from the bathroom also gave a great view.
The room was fitted with a humidifier. This made the environment so much better, and I have never seen one in a hotel room before anywhere ever. The bed was a bit low on conformity and therefore, a bit too hard for my preference, but acceptable.
My big minus was the lack of heat in the toilet. It was unpleasantly cold, but nothing that running the hair dryer for 15 minutes didn't alleviate (a trick I learned years ago).
The staff's English was overall very good, with only one exception I was understood and well assisted with all my inquiries.
The big disappointment was the hotel breakfast. It is very expensive, but totally uninspiring and I did not think it offered good value. There was a little coffee shop about 3 minutes walk away, which may not have been very inspiring either, but at least it was fair value.
I would stay at this hotel again, but I would not eat the breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You can practically feel the heartbeat of the city from the impressive InterContinental Tokyo Bay. Convenient for business or pleasure travel, the hotel puts you in easy reach of business, shopping and entertainment centres including the World Trade Center Tokyo, Shiodome and Ginza. The Imperial Palace and Shiki Theatre provide tastes of culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, IHG, Rakuten, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Tokyo Bay
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay Japan