“Good Room, Good Service, Great View”

InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay
Ranked #12 of 108 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Singapore
“Good Room, Good Service, Great View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was in Tokyo the last week in January for some meetings nearby and chose the hotel for it's proximity.
We arrived at Haneda Airport at about 11 pm and were on the 11:38 Monorail to Hamamatsucho Station and took a taxi to the hotel which was only about 5 minutes away and less than JPY1000. It is walkable, but it was late, and very cold, and I had a significant amount of luggage with me. I was in my room by 12:10am.
I was upgraded as an IHG Ambassador and was impressed by the size of the room. The view of Tokyo Bay was fantastic. A large picture window from the bathroom also gave a great view.
The room was fitted with a humidifier. This made the environment so much better, and I have never seen one in a hotel room before anywhere ever. The bed was a bit low on conformity and therefore, a bit too hard for my preference, but acceptable.
My big minus was the lack of heat in the toilet. It was unpleasantly cold, but nothing that running the hair dryer for 15 minutes didn't alleviate (a trick I learned years ago).
The staff's English was overall very good, with only one exception I was understood and well assisted with all my inquiries.
The big disappointment was the hotel breakfast. It is very expensive, but totally uninspiring and I did not think it offered good value. There was a little coffee shop about 3 minutes walk away, which may not have been very inspiring either, but at least it was fair value.
I would stay at this hotel again, but I would not eat the breakfast.

1 Thank DugongKechil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Hotel located just front of Tokyo bay, if you opt the bay view room, you can see the famous Rainbow bridge and the busy ship/boat of the bay. Room was spacious for Tokyo standard, clean but amenities are too standard for 4-5 stars, nothing really impressed.
Reception can add more staff to avoid long line when check-in/out.
Hotel has connection to neighbor building which has convenience store.
We stayed here as we went to see Lion King the musical at Shiki teather which is 10 minutes walking distance from hotel (very convenient for theater goers). Dinner buffer post musical show at the hotel was nice.
Staff are helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had been a regular to this hotel for the last 3 years and was pleasantly surprised that the public areas and room (had a club room) was refurbished. The room are now has a modern tone and design. The massage chair was a first for me but a welcome relieve after a hard day out. Breakfast, although at a nicer venue was the same, which needs to be improved in terms of variety. Service was excellent.

Will stay again.

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Lets be honest. I had read the reviews here and was expecting an "ok" hotel but it was below par for me. The reasons are pretty simple:
a) The lobby is bling bling. A lot of gold and fancy colors everywhere, I am more of a zen person and prefer simple decors rather than the very flashy ones
b) The rooms are worn out. They need to be completely refurbished. Asked for a King size bed, ended in a double queen size but nobody told me, I realized it when I finally managed to get in.
c) When I arrived the key didnt work, had to wait in the corridor for 10 minutes for someone to come up and open for me
d) Breakfast on the second floor is a dissapointment. Fresh fruits where frozen and the sausages looked like they had been sitting there since the hotel opened. Not appealing at all.
e) Staff are not that nice and I suspect many of them dont speak english. Got thrown out (litteraly) of an elevator as there was an official coming in (but nobody worn me) was kind of embarassing to be taken out of an elevator with NO explanation.
e) Finally, but this is more personnal, the location is not really convenient for me. I work in Shiodome and even though I thought it was close to the business district, its not.

All in, not a good hotel for me. Its not a terrible hotel but definitely way below my standards and the price remains pretty high for this kind of service.For me its a poor and would be very close to terrible if it wasn't for the free internet. Would I return? Never, I'd rather end up in a capsule hotel, at least I know what I pay for.

1 Thank Zion51
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Zion51,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am deeply sorry that on this day you were inconvenienced due to the service received from our staff and if the breakfast served did not live up to expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Frankenmuth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I too, arrived in Tokyo Narita during the big snowstorm this year. Luckily, this hotel is adjacent to the train station for the only trains running during the afternoon hours that day, so I made it to the hotel without any problems. Either way, the location is terrific. Out of the main hustle and bustle of Toyko, yet only two stops to either downtown Tokyo station or the Haneda airport. The staff was very attentive and helpful.

2 Thank Caili83
Wahroonga, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Nice Hotel. Rooms better than expected Bigger and better fitted out. The staff were very accomodating. Short walk to station and monorail. Great for business. Only downside is that there needs to be more information regarding hotel facilities in the room.

2 Thank IJC238
Manchester UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was stuck at Narita airport during the biggest snow storm which left 3400 people stranded and sleeping on the floor. There were no trains, no taxis, nothing. It was one of those nights.

At 2am I called the hotel and explained the situation. They managed to find a taxi in Tokyo , send it to me and deliver me to the hotel. People had been waiting at Narita for 5 hours for a cab.

On arrival they upgraded my room to the best possible club room and could not do enough for me.

For me, this service is what makes a good hotel great!

As well as this service, the hotel is great, good big rooms, great beds etc.

Thanks!