“A hidden gem...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Les Rendez-vous de Tokyo
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Description: THE best casual but fine dine!French Italien restaurant in Tokyo. Located center of Tokyo. Between Roppongi, Hiroo, Nogizaka, Omotesando Station.We accept visa MasterCard AMEX credits.
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

One of my very favourite restaurants in Tokyo (and the competition is strong!). This is one of the few places I try to visit every time I am in Tokyo. Don't be put off by the less than auspicious entrance or the quirky interior - the food here is truly fabulous. Good, simple, well cooked French food complemented by an excellent wine list, with some really interesting Australian wines - selected by the owner/sommelier. Great hospitality as well.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank John S
RendezvousTokyo, オーナー at Les Rendez-vous de Tokyo, responded to this review, May 7, 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I wanted to find someplace new with great French food but no snooty attitude - not an easy task in this part of Tokyo. The staff was wonderfully nice and welcoming, without exception. Our host was attentive and funny and the chef was intensely focused but projected a friendly atmosphere. The food was marvelous - truly something special. Every item on our course was delicious and delightfully surprising in its flavor and execution. Most importantly it made my wife happy - and that means this is truly a special place. We will be back...

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank eightbitfit
Thank you very much!
Please come again with your wife and your friends!!

;)
Brisbane, Australia
“Small but sweet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wfe and I were looking for something different in Tokyo and happened on this delightful little French restaurant. It seats only 15 or so people and is located in a small basement a few minutes walk from Roppongi.

The restaurant is owned and managed by a young lady who described the business as "her castle". She has put her heart and soul into the restaurant and the result is there for us all to enjoy. Very friendly and attentive service coupled with top notch food. We got the impression that most of the customers are locals but we were made to feel very welcome.

This is not a special occasion restaurant that you need to dress up for; more a casual yet romantic local place you might visit over and over.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Brizzietraveller65
Thank you for writing very nice comments;)
Tokyo, Japan
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Les Rendez-vous de Tokyo is a hidden gem, within walking distance from Roppongi and Nishi-Azabu stations. The restaurant is on the basement level but it's actually quite easy to find and you should easily spot the cute sign by the front entrance which is located on the street corner.

The rustic decor inside makes it feel a casual affair where you can relax with your friends or even strangers but being a small place, with perhaps about 15 seats, you can make it an intimate occasion with whoever you go with. Making a reservation is recommended but also quite easy as they are constantly connected to Facebook/Twitter and the interwebs. Phone also works too.

The owner, Ayano, is such a cheerful character and who has previously worked as a sommelière at Michelin starred restaurants just around the corner in Midtown and in wineries in Australia. When we visited she picked out some very tasty wines for us and even some sparkling wine for our anniversary. She will happily chat with diners in Japanese or English and after a long day Ayano will definitely put a smile back on your face. I'm sure the wine helps too ;) She does respect your space however so don't worry if you want an intimate meal with your other half.

Then of course, the food! The French style cuisine is exquisitely executed by the very talented chef. Not only was the food wonderfully presented, it tasted so good that both my wife and I were savouring every mouthful. Normally I just eat my meals really quickly. Our tastebuds were simply treated to a fine dining experience. You just have to try it to believe me. For desert we had the "world's best" fondant chocolat, as Ayano described it, and I can certainly say it was one of the best I have ever had. If you go for the fixed menus they are currently about 5000-7000 Yen but I think it is worth it for food and service like this. Just ask for their recommended dishes if you don't know what to order - we did and we weren't disappointed. I would definitely come back the next time I am in the Tokyo.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank robato_kun
Thank you very much for this!
You wrote' Ayano will definitely put a smile back on your face. '
I and WE try to do this today too!
Please come back again soon!
“Relaxing and empowering”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

On a helpless hot summer midnight, we revisited Ayano, owner-sommelière, and asked for something cool! We got a crisp and refreshing glass of rosé, and a small but exquisite bite from chef Tsuru at the counter. As the night progresses, with several glasses of wines from Australia,
where Ayano worked in wine making, the restaurant became busy again with English speaking folks, in a jovial and convivial atmosphere.
We'll be back!