“Not just for kids!”
Review of Tokyo Joypolis

Tokyo Joypolis
Ranked #2 of 32 Fun & Games in Minato
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest indoor theme park in Odaiba DECKS Tokyo Beach. It’s indoor so you can comfortably enjoy even in hot summer, cold winter, and rainy days. There are more than 20 types of attractions dotted which includes roller coaster.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My partner and I went here to waste the half day we had in Tokyo before our flight. We chose it because it was stinking hot, and we wanted a little fun. Didn't realise how much fun we would have! Where there for 6-7 hours and probably could have stayed longer. If you want to ride ALL the rides, all the time then get the all-day passport ($39), which allows for unlimited ride access to the many rides that are there.

Tip 1: go on a week day (outside of school holidays) to avoid queues. We hardly had to queue at all, which really added to our enjoyment.
Tip 2: This is not Disneyland! Nor is it in anyway comparable, Joypolis is basically a huge arcade, not a theme park. We enjoyed both, but in different ways. The rides in Joypolis are more adult, and they have a competitive aspect which was heaps of fun.
Tip 3: They have some scary 'rides' in which you go into a dark room with headphones. This isn't like a haunted house, this wet-your-pants terrifying. Even though the audio is in Japanese, it is still horrifying. If you like Japanese horror films, check these out (try to keep your eyes open, I didn't!)

We had heaps of fun here, going on all the rides and playing all the games, even the ones you pay for (claw etc). The staff are great, without exceptions They will cheer you on when you play and celebrate when you win! Also they make sure the claw machines are really fair, and even give you tips on how to win :D

Remember, this is Sega and they are all about immersive, all action video games. So go, let your big kid out, and enjoy!

1  Thank perthpaleo
"foreign passport"
"motion simulators"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My 7yo and I enjoyed ourselves here on a wet afternoon. There were big rides like the snowboarding one and there were mild rides as well. I found the day pass reasonable especially as there were hardly any queues. Sonic in costume appeared as we were leaving which was a bonus.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Great place to go, fun for all ages. They have rides, all kinds of arcade games, & plenty of booths & crane games to win prizes. My friends & I, all in our 20s, had an amazing time. There are both Eng/Japanese shows & ones that are Japanese language only but still enjoyable. I had fun in the Dark Chapel even though I had no clue what they were saying. Recommend going on a weekday. When I went the lines only had about 2 people in them whereas I've heard on weekends it can get as crazy as & hour wait time.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We went here on Wednesday this week. We were a bit apprehensive having read other reviews about wait times for the rides but did not have to queue at all. Our kids aged 10 and 8 loved it. There are height limits on some rides but our 8 year old could go on most of the rides, certainly enough of them to keep,him entertained. There are a couple of rides entirely in Japanese but most cater to English speakers. You can buy the day pass which lets you in and out for the day so we spent a few hours here went and looked around elsewhere and came back in the evening for a couple more rides.