“Great Indoor Attraction” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tokyo Joypolis

Tokyo Joypolis
Ranked #1 of 25 Fun & Games in Minato
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest indoor theme park in Odaiba DECKS Tokyo Beach. It’s indoor so you can comfortably enjoy even in hot summer, cold winter, and rainy days. There are more than 20 types of attractions dotted which includes roller coaster.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Guam
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Indoor Attraction”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We went to Daiba, Minato just for this place. Its what we expected, fun, fun, fun!!! What we didnt expect was motion sickness. Most rides had to do with alot of head spinning. We took a break in between rides to recover. We got there on a Sunday morning as soon as they opened at 10:00am and there was not that much people which was great. Waiting times for the rides was estimated at 5-10 minutes. It took us about 5 hours to complete all the floors. Food and drinks were also available.I recommend purchasing an unlimited passport for all rides. It would be convenient with less hassle of having to reload your passport for certain rides. Dont forget to take your picture on the 5th floor. Its included in the unlimited passport and makes a great memorabilia. We dont speak or understand Japanese but still enjoyed ourselves. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Visited October 2013

• Thai first
Espoo, Finland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“30 minute waiting times”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

The rides were pretty decent, but for 3 minute fun you had to wait too much. I can't recommend paying the 3900 yen pass, as there are still many machines that you have to pay for (with smaller queues).

Visited August 2013
3 Thank toveri
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“fUn FuN FUN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were in Tokyo for 2 weeks. This place is probably one of the highlights of the trip.
It's basically a multi storey theme park. Me and my wife both had stomach flu going into this place. Our bodies didn't feel too good after the rides but our minds didn't want us to stop! hahaa!! It was so much fun!! We kind of went in during the low season and evening time, so our wait time was low (between 0-20 minutes). Too bad we didn't have enough time, we wanted to get on everything! Initial D driving simulator, Hummer simulator, a couple of flight simulators, The Ring 3D (our favorite), an indoor roller coaster , house of the dead 4 SE... just too many to name... super fun!!! My wife enjoyed the cosplay photo shoot. I didn't like that so much but I am sure your kids will!

Even though the staff didn't speak much English, we are very pleased with their polite yet enthusiastic service.

recommandation: go in low season and non-prime time! the low wait time will keep you engaged! no one wants to wait! haha!!

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Thomas F
Tokyo, Japan
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“It was great the first time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

When I first went here I had such a good time.. That was quite a long time ago. I went again a couple of years ago, and not much had changed... It seemed older, but it was still enjoyable i guess, but it didn't have the "You're in the future in Future Odaiba feel it once had. Different rides, and virtual reality style games.

Lyon & Courbevoie
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Not so good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We bought a full access pass (around 25€) to give this famous place a fair try.

First of all, note that you have to wait for each game (except a few including cranes but you have to pay an extra of course). And when I say "wait", I mean between 45min for a standard rail shooting game (ie: house of the dead, the same you would find in another arcade place) and 90min for one of the 3/4 valuable attractions.

Regarding the mentioned valuable attractions, the indoor rollercoaster was great fun but still not worth waiting 90min for it.
Most of the other games are not that amzing and are sometimes really old.

I must admit it was not the Top of the Top arcade place I was waiting for.

To conclude, I would only recommand it if you want to try the 3/4 main games and that you go there late in the evening (when we left at 9PM, the waiting time were 30 minutes less than during afternoon).
You may consider to spend those 25€ in a traditional arcade place in Akihabara or Shinjuku, you will certainly play longer than in Joypolis ;o).

Visited March 2013